March 2011 M.B.O.M. Winner

Surely someone out there is able to take a ride & post up a picture......:waiting:
give George a little competition......

Last edited:
Can FZ come out to play?

There must be some Members in Southern / warmer climates that want to show off their bikes. Norm?! :deadhorse: :banghead:

Thank you to those that have already entered, some new faces, which is great! :tup:

THE ITALIAN's SUCKER

Beautiful FZ1-N! That bike looks like it would create a lot of buzz :rolleyes: (sorry, I'm tired and couldn't resist):zzz:

Seriously, a great looking bike. Thanks for the pictures and good luck!

Edit: To actually enter the contest, you need to go here: March 2011 - M.B.O.M -Contest and then click the 'Upload Photos' button near the top right and choose one picture to upload for the contest. Then, after voting is enabled, you'll need to go back to the same link and scroll all the way down to the bottom set of pictures, and then choose one of them to vote for (not your own).

Good luck and I hope this helped. If what I just said didn't make sense, OldSchool can explain it better...

Last edited:
Bump.jpg

For more entries :cheers:

She does a fantastic buzzzzz!!!

The sound is fantastic but the euro3 normative that Fz1 respect with the original exhaust is a far remembrance.. sometimes I like call her "calabrone":in italian the insect similar to a bee,but doesn't make honey,is bigger and so angry!!
I dont know the correct name..:-( SORRY for my terrible english!!

N.B.Look the particulars:

The sound is fantastic but the euro3 normative that Fz1 respect with the original exhaust is a far remembrance.. sometimes I like call her "calabrone":in italian the insect similar to a bee,but doesn't make honey,is bigger and so angry!!
I dont know the correct name..:-( SORRY for my terrible english!!

N.B.Look the particulars:

I like your rear hugger (with the yellow center and the FZ1 cut out), how about a close up picture. It doesn't look like any that I know.

Okay Lee, I'm in. Went for a ride and had to post up a new shot of my bike.

Here's a shot of the Wifey practicing for 15 minutes in the cold weather. She's dying to ride some more. I'm happy for her, and she really hasn't lost much of her ability over the winter.

Next thing I knew, we were looking at a Ducai Monster and an Aprilia RSV4R. Neither came home with us thankfully.

Last edited:
Okay Lee, I'm in. Went for a ride and had to post up a new shot of my bike.

Here's a shot of the Wifey practicing for 15 minutes in the cold weather. She's dying to ride some more. I'm happy for her, and she really hasn't lost much of her ability over the winter.

Next think I knew, we were looking at a Ducai Monster and an Aprilia RSV4R. Neither came home with us thankfully.

That's the spirit!! I love the picture with the kid playing on the snow bank in behind the FZ.

Thanks Lee. Wifey likes that pic, too. Lexi (the kid) had her helmet, gloves, jacket, and everything else on and ready to go before I even knew what was happening. I was the last one ready to go, and that was cool.

Okay members, let's get some more shots up there. If my 6 year old can ride after they cleared the snow, we all can. She was a great reminder for me of some of the reasons I started riding in the first place all those years ago, and to see how excited she gets I know I should take every chance I get to enjoy what we all love so much.

No Way!!

So,if someone want to start a war of aftermarket parts,I give an advise to you: I perfectly know Fz1 and from the 5 years of model life,I saw only one bike better than mine(in sense of complete..the better bike is always ours bike!!).
After the list of my modifications(3 hours to writes!!)an attachment of Fz1 Febur,the N version that Febur factory did for 2007 Yamaha fest,and the bike that ispired me.
A note:Yamaha wanted this bike like a tribute for the 50th factory anniversary and Febur did it with no budget limits!
20000€ only for the parts are a lots but indipendently from the money,some modifications doesn't like me..first the colour! Only a Febur part is in my brain:the marchesini gold weels,but not the magnesium set because are to delicates for the street.
Now I'm waiting for the irregular stroke Fz1 so I think that my up-grades are finished!
Here you are all the up-grades of my honey
(I apologize for the wrongs words but I doesn't study english from long long time):

All the front block from a 2006 R1:
Reconditioned forks, with idraulic and meccanic ohlins parts,forks fluid included.
Original Yamaha Sumitomo front radial brakes with brembo's SC pads.
Goodridge brake fluid tubes.
Powerbronze carbon's front mudguard.
Braking front brakes wave discs.
Titanium's brakes screws.
Fumè plexiglass MazziMoto.
Yellow dashboard suite(behind the plexiglass).
Leds positions lights.
Ultrawhite Philiphs low/hi lights.
Acerbis hands guards with leds integrated direction lights.
Brembo RCS Brake pump.
Rizoma Gold fluid tank.
Ergal 4-racing lever(lazer Yamaha logo).
Rizoma ergal handlebar and risers.
Starlane Gearmonitor with rpm programmable flash.
Rizoma gold/black mirrors(radial naked model).
Matris MR2 with azoto's compensation tank.
Gps monitor stand.
Onboard camera stand.
Mapps switch.
Air box carbon cover.(Powerbronze)
Radiator carbonb sides.(Powerbronze)
Yamaha fuel tank protection.
Carbon fuel sides.
All the chassis and engine screws are made of gold ergal from lightech.
Rear full adjustable set made of black ergal from 4-racing.
Leo Vince sbk gp terminal exhaust:black titanium.
Bmc air filter.
Ngk iridium.
Rapid Bike 3 with 2 maps:soft for city/rains;hard for FIGHT!!Switch on the emergency lights botton.
Adjustable Schiftgear.
Anti Jump Clutch. Made for R1 2006 by Febur. Discs STM.
R1 customized rear shock(from andreani with ohlins parts only).
PUIG Rear mudguard,customized with the originals bike colors.
Yellow/black back seat.
Bigger ergal gold crown(WalterMoto +2).
Afam Gold Chain(not in the immages...it cames only tooday).
Rear led light.
Mini carbon directions lights.
Ergal regolable plac stand.
Ergal gold standing supports.
Puig under engine spoiler(carbon customized in originals colours).
Gold and black tecnical sponsor stickers(not on the market,made for her).
I think it's all but is possible I don't remember somethings.
The Febur have front and rear R1 ohlins suspensions,customized colour,power commander unities with a lcd monitor,520 trasmission and Marchesioni magnesium weels..
Here you are the bike that ispired me,but the abarth is in my opinion,the best Fz1 N ever built...after the my,obviously;-)

So,if someone want to start a war of aftermarket parts,I give an advise to you: I perfectly know Fz1 and from the 5 years of model life,I saw only one bike better than mine(in sense of complete..the better bike is always ours bike!!).
After the list of my modifications(3 hours to writes!!)an attachment of Fz1 Febur,the N version that Febur factory did for 2007 Yamaha fest,and the bike that ispired me.
A note:Yamaha wanted this bike like a tribute for the 50th factory anniversary and Febur did it with no budget limits!
20000€ only for the parts are a lots but indipendently from the money,some modifications doesn't like me..first the colour! Only a Febur part is in my brain:the marchesini gold weels,but not the magnesium set because are to delicates for the street.
Now I'm waiting for the irregular stroke Fz1 so I think that my up-grades are finished!
Here you are all the up-grades of my honey
(I apologize for the wrongs words but I doesn't study english from long long time):

All the front block from a 2006 R1:
Reconditioned forks, with idraulic and meccanic ohlins parts,forks fluid included.
Original Yamaha Sumitomo front radial brakes with brembo's SC pads.
Goodridge brake fluid tubes.
Powerbronze carbon's front mudguard.
Braking front brakes wave discs.
Titanium's brakes screws.
Fumè plexiglass MazziMoto.
Yellow dashboard suite(behind the plexiglass).
Leds positions lights.
Ultrawhite Philiphs low/hi lights.
Acerbis hands guards with leds integrated direction lights.
Brembo RCS Brake pump.
Rizoma Gold fluid tank.
Ergal 4-racing lever(lazer Yamaha logo).
Rizoma ergal handlebar and risers.
Starlane Gearmonitor with rpm programmable flash.
Rizoma gold/black mirrors(radial naked model).
Matris MR2 with azoto's compensation tank.
Gps monitor stand.
Onboard camera stand.
Mapps switch.
Air box carbon cover.(Powerbronze)
Radiator carbonb sides.(Powerbronze)
Yamaha fuel tank protection.
Carbon fuel sides.
All the chassis and engine screws are made of gold ergal from lightech.
Rear full adjustable set made of black ergal from 4-racing.
Leo Vince sbk gp terminal exhaust:black titanium.
Bmc air filter.
Ngk iridium.
Rapid Bike 3 with 2 maps:soft for city/rains;hard for FIGHT!!Switch on the emergency lights botton.
Adjustable Schiftgear.
Anti Jump Clutch. Made for R1 2006 by Febur. Discs STM.
R1 customized rear shock(from andreani with ohlins parts only).
PUIG Rear mudguard,customized with the originals bike colors.
Yellow/black back seat.
Bigger ergal gold crown(WalterMoto +2).
Afam Gold Chain(not in the immages...it cames only tooday).
Rear led light.
Mini carbon directions lights.
Ergal regolable plac stand.
Ergal gold standing supports.
Puig under engine spoiler(carbon customized in originals colours).
Gold and black tecnical sponsor stickers(not on the market,made for her).
I think it's all but is possible I don't remember somethings.
The Febur have front and rear R1 ohlins suspensions,customized colour,power commander unities with a lcd monitor,520 trasmission and Marchesioni magnesium weels..
Here you are the bike that ispired me,but the abarth is in my opinion,the best Fz1 N ever built...after the my,obviously;-)

That is definitely one of the most unique FZ1s I have ever seen. Very cool!

I knew someone would catch that. She has a nice pair of Alpinestars that she got for Christmas but she chose to go light since it was only going to be for a few minutes.

Ah good, cause I'd hate to have to post the picture of a rider who didn't wear proper boots......(it make a few guys on the FZ6 side want to yack!)

Back