March 2011 M.B.O.M. Winner

Misunderstanding..sorry

Sorry guy but my english is very scolastic:-(
You need some clarifications:
I was on Mugello circuit only two times,first in2005 on my amazing rgv250 and with my honey last year..so I'm not a mugello's master and I can't give you a stock time because I never dirve her on that configuration.
On rgv my best was 2'24"but very in form:was the 15th time of the year...(manual chrono)
On fz1 2'18"38..so bad form:first and only track after winter stop(gps).
But when you are a track day user,you can see tipical time to use as a riferiment. So every peoples that knows me, knows mine is a good time and a professional driver can go faster as a sbk replic with my fz1!
Some friends(on my level) in the same day turns in 2'22" on R6 and zx6r(suspensions sets for bouth). I hope that this explications can do you a better vision.
But guys,if you are a fz1 lover(like me..)you know that since this model was born,all magazines,all testers and all her proprietors,sees the same problems that are a limit to fz1's potential:
lowers rear stepboards,longers gears, softs medium's torque,economical rear shock ,sosft front forks,brake sistem to street addicted(is a very good set on the road but after 3/4 laps the bike never stop like all the othes japaneses).. Guys are you able to ride on a 1000cc bike?
Simply on stock configuration you can't enjoy on a track circuit(but on the street the situation is not different and streets are more dangerous!!!).
So if I need to explain these things,maybe I'm not on the right forum:-(
And if someone are ready to tell me that fz1 is a street bike,I ask you:where I can use 150 horse power on street?(I don't live in germany and I hate go straight on!!).
And more:I have heart's motivations: I love Yamaha since I was a child (an happy child on my tzr125r) and when I buyed fz1,after a brutale 910s(bad experience),I decided to make the perfect naked bike! Fz1S.P. can fight even with ducati streetfighter but is easy to use like an honda hornet(my wife drives without problems under 7500rpm)and is very very difficult have meccanical problems!(touch IRON!!!)
So at the end:my mugello time lap was only an example and you can understand it only if you know some amateur's lap on these circuit on a sbk replical bike.
More: if you think that fz1's stock configuration is enough to really feels this bike(on the street too!),I'm sorry but we are talking differents languages.

I'm stupid, I can't figure out how to vote?

Don't sweat it. Just follow the link to the contest photos, Scroll all the way to the bottom (third) set of pictures. Under each picture it will say "vote" in blue. Click on the one you like best. It will then say "you picked this one" under the picture, and the rest of the pictures will show the number of votes each has received. Unless you have done it before it helps to have instructions.

I like fz1-forum!

Guys,I confess you that I'm not a forums lover...I hate listen to a person that I can't see and that talks only because has mouth.
When I show the passion to Yamaha and,in this period,to fz1 is very important to me meet people that understands what I'm talking about and not hearing the orrible frase,may be on a mountain's bar at the end of an amazing mountan's road,but tipical here:"is it the new model?No?how much does customize cost? Are you crazy? Why did you not buyed a Brutale/streetfighter/Tnt?
My Fz1 is only mine,different to every others,but at the end,always the same amazing bike! For me this is better and exclusive than a Mv or a Ducati. Yamaha also have the deltabox!!! The marvelous chassis invented from this factory,for me as beautiful like a woman! "Traliccio in tubi d'acciao"? Sucks!!!
In Italy moust people think that Italians bike are exlusive and important, japans no! They wrong!!! I've never enjoy on my 748,corsaro 1200 and Mv brutale(amazing look but too small,always broken,and an on/off sensation That never desappared when I put on a power c..),as on a Yamaha.Exept the rgv250...a bike that born once on 15 years!! And fo me expensive controls and low affidability is not a good and exclusive thing!!!
I met in this forum matures peoples so I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about,indipendentky from my terrrible english:-(
So guys,thanks to listen me and thanks to show me Fz1 always differents!

Guys,I confess you that I'm not a forums lover...I hate listen to a person that I can't see and that talks only because has mouth.
When I show the passion to Yamaha and,in this period,to fz1 is very important to me meet people that understands what I'm talking about and not hearing the orrible frase,may be on a mountain's bar at the end of an amazing mountan's road,but tipical here:"is it the new model?No?how much does customize cost? Are you crazy? Why did you not buyed a Brutale/streetfighter/Tnt?
My Fz1 is only mine,different to every others,but at the end,always the same amazing bike! For me this is better and exclusive than a Mv or a Ducati. Yamaha also have the deltabox!!! The marvelous chassis invented from this factory,for me as beautiful like a woman! "Traliccio in tubi d'acciao"? Sucks!!!
In Italy moust people think that Italians bike are exlusive and important, japans no! They wrong!!! I've never enjoy on my 748,corsaro 1200 and Mv brutale(amazing look but too small,always broken,and an on/off sensation That never desappared when I put on a power c..),as on a Yamaha.Exept the rgv250...a bike that born once on 15 years!! And fo me expensive controls and low affidability is not a good and exclusive thing!!!
I met in this forum matures peoples so I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about,indipendentky from my terrrible english:-(

The passion for our FZs transends language. We do have a great group here!

Don't sweat it. Just follow the link to the contest photos, Scroll all the way to the bottom (third) set of pictures. Under each picture it will say "vote" in blue. Click on the one you like best. It will then say "you picked this one" under the picture, and the rest of the pictures will show the number of votes each has received. Unless you have done it before it helps to have instructions.
Thanks, I never bothered to scroll down. :) Now I voted.

86198-laughlin-golf-11614bump.jpg

for more Votes

voting03.jpg
I%20voted.jpg

"Traliccio in tubi d'acciao"? Sucks!!!

I did not need to know Italian to understand THAT statement! :tup: Regardless of how much you know in English, your point came through loud and clear! I completely understand what you mean as over here in NH, a Harley state, I get the same trash talk about my Yamaha. But, I, like you, love this bike and will not part with it as it is a true work of art. :D

So, when I come to Italy, will you meet with me and I will buy you a drink? We can learn from one another. ;)

Of course! Bikers are a big comunity with a lot of "colours" and point of view!!
I love every kind of bikes,sbk replicas in particular..I had a ducati and a mv so I don't did it 'cause I'm a masochist...but japan bike wins all over since Agostini changed Mv for Yamaha and in particular,japaneses doesn't use only a chassis schema or engines tipe because they choses what works better in that occasions.. Why don't you ask to Capirossi if the first desmosedici traliccio chassis was what works better in that moment? Do you remember how difficoult was for him drive safetely? The bike moved like a buffalo in a rodeo!!! But for marketing reasons was better use that chassis than changed it for a deltabox... Look at the next 1198 generation: no more traditional chassis,but the moto gp skema,with air box like stressed element..a different way to not use a deltabox but better than traliccio.. only to marketing reasons.. Now the question is: if Rossi will pretend the japan chassies? A delta box tipe is better because consent to chose the points less or more strong..if exist a better way you can stay sure that honda and yamaha are going to use,indipendently from marketing reasons:do you remember our 5 valves? I'm here waiting for the yamaha answer,sure that 3 diapason's pride is great!!

Last day for voting

We have a clear leader at the moment. I will leave the voting open until tomorrow afternoon and then make it official.

If you have not had a chance to vote yet, please do.

Back