Marco Simoncelli

Senza parole.......solo tristezza, un qualcosa che con tanta presunzione, pensavo non potesse nemmeno accadere piu'.....

Speechless ....... sadness, something that so presumptuous, I thought could not happen even more'......

Very sad news. So sorry to learn that Marco Simoncelli has been killed during the Malaysian MotoGP. RIP Marco.

Last edited:
Horrible news, my deepest condolences to Marco's family and friends.

RIP Marco, you will be sadly missed.

Edwards and Rossi must be absolutely shattered.

Very sad to hear Simoncelli passed this morning in Malaysia...

I was watching the race on MotoGP.com and wondered why the video was only 35 minutes long. I found out after the first lap...

I also feel bad for Rossi and Edwards as they are the bike who collided with Simoncelli after he lowsided...

Horrible accident!...

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/season/2011/MAL

http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Marco+Simoncelli

FTC_MAL_Simoncelli_02.jpg

Last edited:
Words fail me at this time and I am filled with a terrible emptiness, there is an old but true saying that God takes only the best and sadly in my 48 years following this great sport faces flash past me, John Hartle, Joey Dunlop, Vic Hislop, David Jefferies, Daijiro Kato (Both in 2003) Mike (The Bike) Hailwood, Barry (Bazza) Sheene#7 also 2003.

Sadly many of these did not die doing what they loved but they all died too young.

Below is a list of all the men and women who died on the track, with Marco's name already listed there.

As we grieve let us remember the great joy and pride we felt to be just a little part of what makes us different to all those cannot call themselves "Motorcyclists" from the Postie Bike to the MotoGp monsters.

Thank you all and stay in Gods arms forever.

Motorcycle Racing Memoriam Site

I just saw the video of the crash. He had to have died almost instantly. That was horrific! His helmet came off after being hit by the second rider then his own bike landed on his helmetless head. Violent crash....

R.I.P. Marco. Sorry to see you go so young.

Man I just saw the video of the crash on YouTube and feel horrible...what a shame. R.I.P. Marco.

I feel bad for Edwards too since he will always know that his bike killed Marco. Although it wasn't his fault at all and there was nothing different that he could have done. Still it's something very difficult to have on your conscience.

Tragic loss, what a bright young man.

What I don't get it how his helmet came off. I know in Europe you don't have to use the D ring buckets like in the US, they can use a "Fastex" type buckle. Either he forgot to bucket it, it happens, or the impact popped the fastex buckle open. Terrible..

Back