Met NJFZ1 Today

My son and I rode up to the mountain this morning and met up with Tony(NJFZ1). We had a great time. There were a lot of bikes and the weather was perfect. Tony has got a great looking 2nd Gen. I loved the color as did my son. We talked alot of "shop" and had a good time. After and hour or so, "CanonFuji" (Ray), pulled in with his cousin and joined the group. A special "Thank You" to Tony for actually seeing a problem with my bike which I failed to see. It seems that after my son had tipped the bike over a couple of weeks ago, the exhaust had actually pushed in a bit. I never noticed this simply because I hadn't ridden two-up since that day. It winds up that with both me and the kid aboard, the can had made contact with the swingarm, putting a nasty gouge right on the weld. We pulled the pipe outward and it fixed the problem. If it wasn't for Tony's keen eye, I probably would have never noticed it. I would have loved to go riding a bit more but I got the call that the person who bought the Nova last week was ready to pick it up so I had to cut the day short. The good thing is that the garage is now empty except for the bike. Here are some shots from today with Tony's permission.

NJFZ1's Ride
013.jpg

011.jpg

This bike actually made it up the mountain. Pretty cool.
OldTimer.jpg

From left to right: Me, Mike(CanonFuji's Cousin), Tony(NJFZ1), and my son Richie.
Perkins.jpg

Hey Nice Bikes!!
016.jpg

From left to right: Mike, Tony, Ray(CanonFuji), and Richie
001-4.jpg

003-2.jpg

Hey Billy thanks for posting these pictures. Had a great time up there. This was one of the best riding days so far this year. Lots of bikes up there that's for sure.

Hey Billy thanks for posting these pictures. Had a great time up there. This was one of the best riding days so far this year. Lots of bikes up there that's for sure.

There were more bikes than usual, thats for sure. My buddy was down on the mountain taking photos for his website. I think he took over 500 shots today. He didn't capture me but he did get Ray (#381,382) He even captured that real old bike that was up at the peak. He's a guy that I know from work who in his spare time comes up to the mountain and takes action shots of all the bikers. He then posts them on a website for everyone to purchase if they want. You receive high resolution shots on CD. If your curious if he's captured you, check out OpenDNS and search the days you may have been there. If anything, they are cool pics.

These forums have been incredible for making new friends and meeting people with common interests. I've met some very great people and hope to meet many more as time goes by. I only wish I had more time to take off and ride.

So, when you all speak of the "mountain" are you talking about Bear Mtn? Or another one?

These forums have been incredible for making new friends and meeting people with common interests. I've met some very great people and hope to meet many more as time goes by. I only wish I had more time to take off and ride.

So, when you all speak of the \"mountain\" are you talking about Bear Mtn? Or another one?

I agree these forums are great. Yes, we are talking about Bear Mt. Some really nice roads around here to ride on. Also along the Hudson River there are some nice roads. Would love to set up a ride with some of the NJ, NY, MA and NH riders. We would just have to figure out a meeting place.

There were more bikes than usual, thats for sure. My buddy was down on the mountain taking photos for his website. I think he took over 500 shots today. He didn't capture me but he did get Ray (#381,382) He even captured that real old bike that was up at the peak. He's a guy that I know from work who in his spare time comes up to the mountain and takes action shots of all the bikers. He then posts them on a website for everyone to purchase if they want. You receive high resolution shots on CD. If your curious if he's captured you, check out OpenDNS and search the days you may have been there. If anything, they are cool pics.

I looked, but no pictures of me on there. Although there are some cool pics on there. Do you know where he normally shoots from?

I looked, but no pictures of me on there. Although there are some cool pics on there. Do you know where he normally shoots from?

He usually is found on the "Goats Trail". Thats the road that you take after paying the toll at the bridge. You cross the bridge and make a right and thats the trail. That goes down to "The Circle" as everyone calls it. It's actually a large roundabout that has a large gas station in it. He's always shooting somewhere on that road. Sometimes you don't even see him. He's sometimes in the bushes on the side of the road.

I agree these forums are great. Yes, we are talking about Bear Mt. Some really nice roads around here to ride on. Also along the Hudson River there are some nice roads. Would love to set up a ride with some of the NJ, NY, MA and NH riders. We would just have to figure out a meeting place.

Yep. I was telling Eric that he and I should shoot down to NY and catch up with some of you. Plus I'd love to see my old neighborhood and my old high school, North Rockland High School.

My first big group ride was on the '05 FZ6. We had a forum meet in '06 that was supposed to be in the Catskills but we ended up taking a tour of Bear Mtn and surrounding roads. It was a great trip! I'm sure that my wife and I would be up for another run next year. This year, vacations are already planned out.

We need more "holiday weekends" for trips! :D

Yes, Thanks to both of you!

Tony, how much stock seat time did you have? Can you compare the two seats? Do you still have the stock seat? Thanks!

Tony, how much stock seat time did you have? Can you compare the two seats? Do you still have the stock seat? Thanks!

Not to be his spokesman or anything, but I believe he told me on Sunday that the bike came to him as you see it with the exception of the PC V and the Yoshi Exhaust System. He had even mentioned that he wished the bike had the stock items with the sale.

Unfortunately the only stock seat time was sitting on an '09 FZ1 at the motorcycle show...lol.

I bought the bike with the Sargent seats already installed and it didn't come with the stock seats.

I am sure that the Corbin or Sargent are better than the stock seat. How much better? Hard to say. The Gen II seat tends to push you into the gas tank so no matter what seat you have after a few miles you will need to move around to get comfortable. I think the main advantage of the aftermarket seats is the better shape and foam that they use.

Back