Met NJFZ1 Today

Not to be his spokesman or anything, but I believe he told me on Sunday that the bike came to him as you see it with the exception of the PC V and the Yoshi Exhaust System. He had even mentioned that he wished the bike had the stock items with the sale.

Good memory you got there Billy!

I'm still waiting for my deposit to start the addition Billy :waiting: .... practically year round riding here in NM.

but what I would do for some actual snowfall.....

Anytime you want to switch places even if just for the Winter months, just let me know. This way you'll get what you want and I'll be riding all the time. It will however be a bit cramped in my apartment for your clan but I am sure you can make do.

Unfortunately the only stock seat time was sitting on an '09 FZ1 at the motorcycle show...lol.

I bought the bike with the Sargent seats already installed and it didn't come with the stock seats.

I am sure that the Corbin or Sargent are better than the stock seat. How much better? Hard to say. The Gen II seat tends to push you into the gas tank so no matter what seat you have after a few miles you will need to move around to get comfortable. I think the main advantage of the aftermarket seats is the better shape and foam that they use.

The stocker doesn't push me into the tank at all. But it sure isn't comfortable for long rides. The FZ6 was the same... it was uncomfortable after a fair distance. The FZ1 is only marginally better.

On the 6, I had a Top Saddlery seat and that was so comfortable that I only ever had to stop for gas! I'd like to get one for the FZ1 but the pics on the site look pretty funky. I'm willing to bet it will be the most comfortable one though. TS seats keep you planted in a single rider position and the foam is like sitting on a sofa.

Back