Mirror replacements

Hi... I'm new to the forum... I just got a 2009 Yamaha FZ1. Does anyone know if there are replacement parts for the mirrors. I'm actually interested in removing them and capping them on the fairing. I would rather run CRG hindsight mirrors (CRG - Constructors Racing Group). If anyone has any pics of some mirror replacements I'd appreciate it.

thanks,

al

Here are my CRG Hindsight LS mirrors and CD Speed screen for the mirror hole covers.

Y.jpg

Can you provide me some detailed info or some links on what you did to modify your fairing and mirrors. I want mine to be pretty much the same. I wouldn't mind using my stock fairing if I could get the mirrors off and have them somewhat flush on the fairing. Does anyone make some caps for the stock mirrors if they get removed? Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the stock mirrors. I've found the the CRG mirrors to be much more effective than the stock mirrors. They don't bounce as much. thanks... :)

Stock fairing is able to be used....

PJs Parts is another source of mirrors -- Rizomas as well as being able to obtain block offs.

Members from the other forum (FZ1OA) have made blockoffs of all different styles/materials.

As for removing the mirrors, I own a Gen I, but probably removing the fairing inserts to get to the nuts/bolts of whre the mirrors attach.

Is your goal to increase visibility or just for aesthetics?

Welcome to the forum!

Adam

I'd like to increase visability. I've heard of but have yet to see it, some guys reversing the mirror stalks on the bike? Anyone heard of this or done it?

partimage.gifx

From what I can glean from the parts fiche, it appears that it is a solid piece and does not break apart at the base to allow you to flip sides to get it to drop down.

Maybe check the spacing of the mounting studs and see if another mirror might be compatible to fit your needs??

They appear in the fiche as one piece but they actually do rotate and have three indents as well. I can rotate them forward or backward to a locked position. They are built different though with the boots not actually riding up the stock. These stalks rotate above the boots.

Looks the same though... a large type of rivet with the convex/concave washer assortment for spring action. After looking at it though, rotating these might not make a single bit of difference. I gues I'll just go get the stick-on fisheyes to cover the blind spots better.

Then do what is recommended for the fuzzyone mirror mod and you should be able to achieve the same thing....I can say that I do enjoy not having to look at my elbows in the mirror.

Adam

Back