Missing forum member lucky to be alive.

Good to see you have parole! I think you got done over worse than my nephew. Trying to go for a ride with him tomorrow. Nice YZF, I still miss my motarded WR450.

I have a happy conclusion to this story. Couple of ride photos from Thomson Dam and Walhalla (Eastern Victoria), taken this weekend.

lrvn.jpg

5e76.jpg

Lonewolf is back in business

:Rockon::Rockon:

Last edited:
Lonewolf, mate I'm glad you lived and repaired to be able to tell that tale. When I read about your ribs I nearly cried....I only five busted ribs once and that was pain enough. Good to see you are made of tough stuff. I hope the rest of the recovery continues well mate.

Glad to hear you're on the mend mate. I hope all goes well with the fz1 repair.

Have you taken up the issue with your 3rd party insurer? Should well and truly cover repairs to the fz1 and all your time off work.

On the road again.

Hi all - many thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Finally back on the road!! The FZ1N rides perfect - a top repair by Dean at Dynoverks in Boronia. The damage was expensive $ but cosmetic. Amazing how a plastic and alloy motorcycle can "destroy" a large car and suffer a dented tank, bent bars and loose a headlight.
All very puzzling to me for months in a wheelchair until I viewed a video most kindly done by JMC of my accident site and my skid mark. Totally clear that I tried to avoid a head on with a car in my lane. Thank you again, JMC!!!!
The police were totally fuckin' useless (other than scraping my carcass off the road)! If you have an accident - get a witness if you are able.
I could bitch on about this in detail that makes quite an amazing story of police stupidity and injustice but a bit of positive info is due.
After six months, I had the metal removed from my spine and a week later I started working on my over valued house to sell. At 57 years and a carpenter I thought - no more work, full o metal, cash in and move to the country.
I bought the most beautiful home in Emerald, Victoria - right on the best roads (on and off road) in the state. Clean air too!!! And only one hour from the city. The garage fits my two bikes, two cars and trailer. Excellent!!
It took 12 weeks work to get city house ready and it hurt physically but it got me pretty fit again. Sold it before auction for about twice the price of the one I bought.
So, basically, once that painful metal was out I moved along very fast to a better lifestyle. Money in the bank to get % interest to live on and no debts.
Injuries have mended very well and often I forget about the accident. Best to move on and not live in the past.
It's only been a year since my accident so a great deal has gone on so a lesson learnt in making good out of bad. Been out on the FZ1 only twice and the YZ 450 three times and shall continue.
I need to get some practice in - JMC was impossible to keep up with - very fast and confident. A great day out - here's a pic. Cheers - Lonewolf.

Back