Motorcycle Crash / Woman Killed

What a terrible thing to go through. My friend was recently rear-ended at a stop light by a drunk driver who was going full-steam ahead. Fortunately my friend was in a car and not on a bike, the entire rear half of his car was crumpled in and he suffered back and neck injuries.
The worst part is this case is that the poor lady went out for a ride with her husband and was murdered by a drunk driver, yet I can almost guarantee the drunk driver will be tried for manslaughter at worst and be back on the road to kill again one day. The punishment for drunk driving should be MUCH more severe than it typically is. I believe that the first offense should have your license revoked for 10 years, and the second offense should have your license revoked for life. If you kill somebody while driving drunk, you should be tried for murder, end of story.

The punishment for drunk driving should be MUCH more severe than it typically is. I believe that the first offense should have your license revoked for 10 years, and the second offense should have your license revoked for life. If you kill somebody while driving drunk, you should be tried for murder, end of story.

I agree 100%

If I am driving and am somewhere which I decide to drink, due to being a super light weight I have no more than 1 beer and still wait an hour before getting into my car. At that point its not even my judgement im worried about as im fine, but its my BAC. My licence is my ticket to my 3 hobbies being the 3 vehicles that I own, and without it I would have nothing to do. Its called prioritys, and if I want to get smashed I sit here and get drunk and play counter strike.

What a sadly tragic and avoidable death. How can they have no charges yet? At least the drunk driving and involuntary manslaughter charges should be a no-brainer. If it was not an officer of the law, it would have read "The driver of the vehicle was arrested and charged with "X" at the scene."

I save my drinks for home and if I go out, it is because I walked to one of the 6 places within a mile of me that I can drink at and walk home. I lost a brother to a drunk driver (he was also drunk but was a passenger) and vowed to avoid operating any vehicle while impaired.

Officer or not, he needs to be treated at least the same as an ordinary citizen, perhaps even a bit more harshly as any law enforcement officer is expected to live more strictly by the laws they uphold.

My best friend in Maine is a Sheriff's Office Detective. He always jokes with me... "You know what the difference between a cop and a crook is?" "A badge." While this may be true for some, it isn't for the majority, especially him, even though he jokes about it.

If it was not an officer of the law, it would have read "The driver of the vehicle was arrested and charged with "X" at the scene."

I don't really consider correctional officers to be "officers of the law". They are the tow truck drivers of the penal system. I can't imagine that made any difference. Ridiculous to not be charged yet.

I don't really consider correctional officers to be "officers of the law". They are the tow truck drivers of the penal system. I can't imagine that made any difference. Ridiculous to not be charged yet.

Wow .. . that's harsh.

Correctional Officers = State

Detention = County.

To say we are "tow truck drivers of the penal system" is a deep cut. If you only had a glimpse of what we deal with on a daily basis, maybe you'd change your mind. :cuss:

Brad, they put up with more sh*t in one work week than a street cop puts up with in a year in the patrol car. I don't think you've been fair at all with that statement. :disapproval:

Back