My black 2006 FZ1 from belgium

Much better marc, that's exactly what I did too.

I cut 80mm off from mine, yours looks like you cut 100mm off?

It's a fair bit louder now but not obscenely so.

February 2012
2z9fh5d.jpg

lovely, needs a belly pan tho :)

I guess you missed it, but it has one in the updated pic...

I guess you missed it, but it has one in the updated pic...

ha, yep, missed it, love the can, and where did ya get the seat cowl?
im thinkin of changing my master cylinder for a red anodised one from rizoma but need to change the whole thing to suit the pazzo levers i have too

yes, the exhaust is a bit of a problem; i like the yoshi, but a want an carbon exhaust. maybe this week a have a solution. a friend of mine has an akrapovic carbon and he asked me to trade with my yoshi. But then a have to make the akra shorter,because a find them original way to long. I already did this for another friend,so that's no problem. we wil see later this week ;-)

abmq85.jpg

2kox1d.jpg

, have an akra on mine too and it is too long, might chop her down too, anything i should watch out for? what did you use to cut it?
how is it put back together?

It's not so diffucult if you do it this way.
1. tape of the piece that needs to be removed. If you do this you are sure you cut it straigt.
2. first cut of 2 cm from the end,then you can easily remove the inner tube .
3. Now cut the desired piece of.
4. Then cut the soft material(don't know the name in english :shaking head:)
5. Now cut the soft iron material around the inner tube,but cut it 2 cm schorter than the inner tube itself. This is nessecarry for mounting it back together.
6. put some tape around the soft materail,it make's it easy to take it back in place.
7. mount the hole thing back together .

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

Tha akra is mounted on the fz1. It needs a bd killer, because it's TO loud. I ordered new akrapovic stickers also.
Here some pics.
15wncpj.jpg

2v7xb1h.jpg

Now that completes the look of the bike for sure! I would imagine that due to the decrease in volume of the muffler from cutting a piece of it, it got louder. With the dbkiller in place it shouldn't be bad.

Tha akra is mounted on the fz1. It needs a bd killer, because it's TO loud. I ordered new akrapovic stickers also.
Here some pics.
15wncpj.jpg

2v7xb1h.jpg

Looking good marc, how much did you cut off it?

Mine is definitely louder but it's not too bad, my Mivv Suono by comparison was really loud and it droned like hell at cruising revs.

I did this many years ago to my CBR900RR Streetfighter. Not for looks, initially, I did it to cut off the broken part of a crash pipe. Then more recently I wanted a stubby so I hacked a lot more of it off. There was a hole under the strap too, so now that's all gone.

This can is made up of parts from three different Yosh cans from various bikes put together.

chopcan.jpg

Before:

CBR005.jpg

Tip for old CF can: VHF makes a hight temp clear coating that brings back the glossy luster to old CF.

Last edited:
Sunny today in belgium, so i took the fz1 out for a ride. :rmwl: Take the bike to my favorite place and road , and make some new pics of it. Let the summer begin :)

vcquk9.jpg

rwt3bc.jpg

w8up8p.jpg

35bcenn.jpg

wc1zqa.jpg

21484ew.jpg

2mg46fs.jpg

34nfz3r.jpg

2ardqp.jpg

Back