My New 09 FZ1

Hey all,

I committed the sin of not posting pics of my new ride within my introductory post, so I'm making up for it here. It's an 09 cobalt blue, and it had .7 miles on it when I picked it up.

As you see below, I've done a few mods in my first week. I added some T-REX frame sliders, installed a PowerBronze Belly Pan, and put in some StreetFX Electropod running lights (white) on the left and right of the radiator cover in order to provide some extra frontal visibility to the cagers who love to turn in front of us.

So far the honeymoon has been great, and the love keeps growing!

bike_1.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

Last edited:
The choice of year and color are GREAT! ;) Glad to see the sliders installed right away. T-Rex saved my bike a TON in July. I hope you never have to find out though.

Looking great!!

What color is the belly pan? It almost looks FZ blue but on the powerbronz site that is not listed.. you go with black?

Either way looks good and the price is right! Looks great man...

What color is the belly pan? It almost looks FZ blue but on the powerbronz site that is not listed.. you go with black?

Either way looks good and the price is right! Looks great man...

Yes, unfortunately I had to go with black. Powerbronze does not offer it in cobalt blue. The glossy black does however match the rear fender/ mudguard.

I'm stilll on the fence as to whether I should try to sand it down and colormatch it ( there was a post somewhere about an Autozone spraycan that was very close for $6) or perhaps go with sanding it and doing a flat/matte black to match the engine.

Decisions Decisions

Hey thanks for the info... I dunno ... $6 and some elbow is not bad. I love the look of the belly pan but I'd rather drop close to 5 bills (for the OEM one) on an exhaust. In the pic above it doesn't look bad at all though.

You got me beat mod wise already lol ... I just put on the T-Rex sliders today and plan to do Evotech RFE next. The rear fender has got to go! ;)

Back