My new baby

Hi guys picked up my 2011 FZ1 on Friday wow, i will post some photos when i find my camera. Just a few questions is it me or do you find it hard to get a foot hold on the side stand to put it down i just cant seem to get the hang of it also can the gear shift be adjusted iam finding that i need to point my foot to far down to get my boot under it cheers

Hi guys picked up my 2011 FZ1 on Friday wow, i will post some photos when i find my camera. Just a few questions is it me or do you find it hard to get a foot hold on the side stand to put it down i just cant seem to get the hang of it also can the gear shift be adjusted iam finding that i need to point my foot to far down to get my boot under it cheers

Hi welderman, I had some problem with the foot stand and welded on about 1/2" of rod more on the end of the quick action bracket. Just made it easyer to find down there with boots on .:welcome:

If you look at the shift rod there is one screw holding it at the top, under a rubber boot, undo it, then there are lock nuts on both ends on th threaded rod, loosen those an spin the rod whichever way you need to.
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Crazybiker well for the Ninja its a great bike but the look just didn't do it for me and the turned down bars would kill my back iam 45 so the old body cant take the crap it did when i was young :D

What made you decide against getting the new Ninja 1000? It is a much better bike in stock form than the FZ1. Congrats and welcome to the forum though!

;) Because in modded form, the FZ1 kicks Arse! :D

:welcome: and congrats on the new bike! You all get such great color options across the pond!

Hi Crazybiker well for the Ninja its a great bike but the look just didn't do it for me and the turned down bars would kill my back iam 45 so the old body cant take the crap it did when i was young :D
lol my buddy`s and I are 40 somethings . they have rockets and start crying a hundred miles into a ride :confused0024:

What made you decide against getting the new Ninja 1000? It is a much better bike in stock form than the FZ1. Congrats and welcome to the forum though!

Sorry I new to his forum so I will play nice, but why would you come on to a FZ1 Forum and state anything like this? I assum this dude just dropped 10K on a new bike that he's stoked about and you ask him why he did not buy something else. That's a bit lame!

Welcome.
I don't get into these discussions about which bike is better.......choosing a motorcycle is like choosing a woman - it's all about what you want.
Several of us are riding up in Arkansas next month. You are welcome to join us.

Back