Need Help Getting Dirty and Adventerous

Yeah, I totally understand. I just happen to be missing that rational part of my brain. I like for my toys to be new and unmolested. It is my tragic flaw. My wife agrees that is my tragic flaw BTW. ;) Someone out there needs to provide good used bikes to folks. I am one of them. lol

I get it. :cheers: I bought a new Yamaha V-Star back in about 2002 and said I'd never buy another new bike again. Then I traded the V-Star in on a new Roadstar Warrior. Then I bought a new GSX-R750. Then I bought a new Harley. Then I bought a used XT-225, a used FZ1, and a used DRZ400 and paid less for all three of them together than I paid for either the GSX-R or the Harley new. It just makes more sense to buy used. I'll never say I'll never buy new again, though. :drools:

Yep, your going to dig the DRZ, there great around my part of the planet. And for about $500 you can slap a new top end complete on it and have more power. Great machines.. \

Did you get them to add a rear rack for Free

Sweet! Enjoy it and after you've put a few thousand miles on it and want to sell it used let me know. :tup::jk: The seat DOES seem pretty tall on it, huh? Took me a few days to get used to it and after I did all other bikes seemed really short to me. :)

Your going to love the mpgs its a great in town commuter. Drop a tooth on the front sprocket, 3x3 airbox, yoshi full exhaust and dyno jet. It will become a whole new animal. You will love the simplicity of a carbureted thumper.

I had a full Yoshi system on my DRZ and it sounded badass. Mine came with the airbox mod, jetted and the exhaust and made 45 hp/75 torque on a dyno

Last edited:
That is one badass machine. I had a klx it was a slow turd stock but the 351 big bore kit fixed that lol.

klx023.jpg

everyone has there own opinion on off road bikes but ive ridden KLX 650, KLR650, xt225, and drz400.......theres many more..but for my money the drz was by far and away better off road than all of them expessially the klx 650 and the klr650 there good compramise there just too heavy to be viable for the dirt and are exhausting to throw around....also slower than the drz400....

klr650 klx 650= good highway and gravelrunner and some light offroad use
drz400= dirtbike with headlight and horn.

Back