Need NEW Levers??

Hey fellows!

Not sure if any of you've had the chance of riding a machine with a pair of shorty levers as in the pics, but I'm here to tell you, I sure's did like the feel of them myself.
IMG046.jpg
IMG044.jpg

This guy was top notch to deal with although the language barrier did make it difficult to comminucate with him, other than that, everything else was *****. To add to that as well, these were highly competitively priced to say the least & for the quality of what I received, as well as the low shipping charge, yet they came blazingly quick, I'd say this deal can't be beat:confused0024:

Here is the eBay info in case you're interested, and he's got all sorts of other nice goodies too. He also has these levers for several different makesn'models of machine back to 1999 and you pick your colour for lever and adjuster.

MC Racing CNC Brake Clutch Levers YAMAHA FZ1 FZS FAZER 1000 01-05 02 03 04 | eBay

Just in case my linkie no workie, 270855814057

Last edited:
I actually put those in my favorites yesterday evening. Could you tell me how the "fit and finish" is on these? Do they have some "weight" to them or do they feel "cheesy"?? I'm thinking of getting some for the YZF but I had the Fire Dragon Brothers Levers on the FZ1 but I can't find that company anymore on Ebay.

I actually put those in my favorites yesterday evening. Could you tell me how the "fit and finish" is on these? Do they have some "weight" to them or do they feel "cheesy"?? I'm thinking of getting some for the YZF but I had the Fire Dragon Brothers Levers on the FZ1 but I can't find that company anymore on Ebay.

Divintymotor Billy... was the dealer but no longer selling levers at all. There are MANY more just like the FDB sets though and all around the same price. These look identical to the FDB sets....

Clutch Brake Levers for Yamaha YZF 1000 Thunder Race | eBay

Thanks Utah. I had a set of FDB's on the FZ1 and they were sweet. Then, they seemed to disappear or changed their name or something and I couldn't find another "Lower Priced" seller that I could trust. I was looking at these last night and they seemed to have better quality than the usual Chinese brands. Maybe I'll go ahead and find a set. Thanks!

And here is a USA seller with folding and fully adjustable levers... Make 'em any length you want! NEW PRO CNC YZF1000 Thunderrace alle YAMAHA Folding Foldable Clutch Lever PC061 | eBay

Wow! Did you happen to see this guys feedback?! Thanks, but I make it a point not to buy from sellers with less than 99% feedback. They can't even spell "extendable" correctly. I'll take my chances with the first one you sent me. From what the negatives are saying, the seller is not in the US even though it states California. I like the first link you sent though.

Thanks Utah. I had a set of FDB's on the FZ1 and they were sweet. Then, they seemed to disappear or changed their name or something and I couldn't find another "Lower Priced" seller that I could trust. I was looking at these last night and they seemed to have better quality than the usual Chinese brands. Maybe I'll go ahead and find a set. Thanks!

I think they just change names when their feedback gets too low.

I think you should go with silver levers and black adjusters. They'll look great and probably wont be as prone to fading as some of the brighter colors.

Wow! Did you happen to see this guys feedback?! Thanks, but I make it a point not to buy from sellers with less than 99% feedback. They can't even spell "extendable" correctly. I'll take my chances with the first one you sent me. From what the negatives are saying, the seller is not in the US even though it states California. I like the first link you sent though.

Yeah, the first one is just over 99%. And it's a set. I think they are all getting them from the same Hong Kong supplier and they distribute them in different names. Common practice for Chinese companies to change names often to avoid negative publicity.

Yeah, the first one is just over 99%. And it's a set. I think they are all getting them from the same Hong Kong supplier and they distribute them in different names. Common practice for Chinese companies to change names often to avoid negative publicity.

The first link seems good. Also, the link that was listed in the first post looks good as well.

The levers are really sweet in terms of fitn'finish, although, I can't comment about fit ON the machine just yet. They've got a very solid feel to them, as solid as billet aluminum gets I guess, solid but not too solid(or rather, heavy). I also have a set of levers from another supplier and they aren't nearly as nice nor do they feel anywhere near as good, I also had to modify the damned things even just to make them fit.(the other set I mean, not these ones I just bought)

Another really cool thing Jan did for me was that he sold me two different levers, for a project machine I've got, as one set. Not too many folks would do that without charging a premium. No I don't have shares in the company btw. 07, ZX-14 clutch and 06, R1 brake

I've never received anything nearly as fast from Hong Kong/China as I have from this guy. To get the levers as fast as I got them I would have had to pay $40 or more with Canadian shipping rates, damned government.

He also sells the pivoting style(breakaway) levers for 77 and change and I can't wait to order the $99 billet grips, those are sweet indeed too!

If anyone likes I can take even closer detail pics. I'd also be happy to comment on fit'n'finish when I actually install them.

One issue I have had is that I was sent the wrong colour of levers, I'll let ya'll know how that turns out. It's been a while since I've had noooo problems giving an eBay seller 5 stars on all cats, despite the language barrier though.:wow:

I bought a set of long levers from Fire Dragon Bros when they were still on eBay. When I decided to get a set of shorties Fire Dragon Bros were no longer around. I bought a set from the2wheels and couldn't tell a manufacturing difference between the two, they look like they came out of the same factory.

These Chinese levers looks nice, the price is great, but...

Quality of Chinese levers in nowhere near the quality of known brands.

They look great when you buy them, but anodizing is crap! Half of these levers will fade within one year of exposure to elements (such as sun, ...).

Black color usually turns to some weard purple, red adjusters usualy become pink and so on..

Tolerances are crap also. Had to grind some material off mine just to make them fit. They are not all crap, but there is a certain percentage of these chinese levers with really bad tolerances..

There is also a lot of know cases where people crashed because of this. Tolerances were not correct and the brake lever put constant pressure on the front brake. After some time breakes overheated and locked the front wheel.

Chinese aluminium is also very questionable. It is true, this levers are CNC milled from a solid block of aluminium. And they should be very strong. But the process of making this aluminium blocks is often not correct and there were cases when some foreign objects were found inside these aluminium blocks. I remember reading about a guy whoose lever simply broke of because of that.

I am just trying to say that there is a reason for such a low price. I own two sets of these chinese levers. I also own a set of Pazzos and a set of Braking levers ("Braking" is well known italian brand for brakes).

I am currentyl using chinese levers on my track bike. But I had to modfy them to fit correctly, because the brake lever had constant pressure on the master cylnder.. Without this modification my brakes might lock..

My first set of chinese levers used to be black.. Now it is purple - grey. The second one - blue is still ok for the moment..

I think I ll stay away from this cheap chinese crap in the future.. To many risks. It`s better to risk a few bucks more and buy Pazzos, CRG, ASV, FP, Braking, Titax or some other quality brand or just stay with OEM levers..

Chinese levers are not all bad.. But you just don`t know..

Last edited:
I think I ll stay away from this cheap chinese crap in the future.. To many risks. It`s better to risk a few bucks more and buy Pazzos, CRG, ASV, FP, Braking, Titax or some other quality brand or just stay with OEM levers..

Chinese levers are not all bad.. But you just don`t know..

That's the biggest issue with these levers...you just don't know what you'll get. Same thing with the Chinese wave brake rotors...you just don't know if they'll work fine or warp on the first ride.

Personally I have not bought any of these Chinese levers, but for the price I suppose you can take a chance. I've always managed to get used sets of known brands such as CRG or Pazzo at very good prices.

Hey Bogie,

I've got an 03 for sale if you want??

Not even 25K kms, not quite 16K miles I think is what that is.

I'll be happy to report on longetivy of quality as well, granted though pazzo's, vortex and all good brand name levers will likely be superior, are they worth four times the price for me at this moment however, time will tell.

Last edited:
Like they said, i had a set of cheepo levers in red, they turned pink in the sun. Got a set of used Pazzos from a poor basterd selling his bike. :cry:
almost 3 yrs later Pazzos still fit great and are black with red adjusters, not purple with pink.....:laugh2:

but those CRGs you got are sexy as hell.

Last edited:
I went with Braking levers (extendible + foldable) - very good quality. But you can also find a ton of cheap chinese knockoffs of these exact levers.

Set of Braking levers will cost you 160 eur (210 usd). Chinese levers will set you back only 60 usd. But the difference is obvious.

If someone wants good extendible and foldable levers, Braking is the way to go :)

I use a set of those made for the R1, since I have an R1 master cylinder installed. I had to ream out he pivot hole for the M/C one, other then that they went in fine. I really like the feel and adjustability.

Tolerances are crap also. Had to grind some material off mine just to make them fit. They are not all crap, but there is a certain percentage of these chinese levers with really bad tolerances..

I usually have to rework all of the non-oem parts that I install on bikes. Maybe I'm just picky.

There is also a lot of know cases where people crashed because of this. Tolerances were not correct and the brake lever put constant pressure on the front brake. After some time breakes overheated and locked the front wheel.

Anyone who installs a set of levers without testing them before riding is a fool. I did have to ream my master cylinder lever pivot hole. This could have caused a problem if not corrected. Proper installation is always required on anything.

Chinese aluminum is also very questionable. It is true, this levers are CNC milled from a solid block of aluminum. And they should be very strong. But the process of making this aluminum blocks is often not correct

Any bar stock aluminum is stronger then simple cast parts. I bought silver levers to avoid the anodize issue. I have been using anodized parts for decades, from many different countries and they all fade over time. Protective coatings on the more expensive levers helps this. The Chinese levers are cheap because of cheap labor and currency manipulation by the Chinese government. Just my opinion.

Back