New 09 FZ1 Owner in MO

MrHix

Greetings all. I have been posting for a few days and decided to introduce myself. I'm Mike from the STL area. Been in this area for 7 years and know a lot of the great roads West of the city. Used to ride an ST1300, but wanted something sportier, Yee Haa!

Figured I would try and post some pics while I'm at it.

Cheers,

MrHix

:welcome: and congrats Mike! I like your taste in color too. :D

Looks like you're very much set up for the touring aspect of the bike! Looks GREAT!!!

Welcome MrHix.
I went through your area on the 30th and it loooked like you have a while till you can get on that horse and ride. Hopefully by April the weather will have warmed up so you can put it to the test.

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Yes, not supposed to be above 30 degrees for the next week at least.

I loved the ST. It was great at "normal" speeds in the twists, smooth on the highways with little wind input to the rider, and worked well with 2-up riding. Had a lot of flywheel effect which made it smoother (though slower) with throttle changes. Bags were superb for travel. But, I never really felt 100% comfortable in the nice twisties (stability?) and it weighed 230 lbs more!!! Heat was a problem in the summer in heavy traffic, too.

The FZ1 feels like you could drop it into a corner and let go of the bars and it would just glide thru. Suspension is pretty stiff for my puny 145 lbs, but I'll let it break in and then maybe look at springs and clicker settings.

The bar risers and heated grips make ridind much more comfortable. Got a service manual and Sargent seat on order. Next will be a ZG ST windshield and Scorpio alarm. Then . . .

Cheers,

MrHix

Polestar,

Check out solomotoparts.com for the seat. Call MCSS and give them the site info and they should refund you about $5!

BroHay,

It is the controller for the Heaterz grips. Just went to the store and got a u-bolt to mount it there out of the way. Originally mounted to one of the clutch bolts.

Cheers,

MrHix

Looks to me like the controller for his heated grips...

my youth/ignorance does not know of such things....cold weather ='s tech layers so I do not look like the staypuft marshmellow man as I go down the road...I'm sure that'll change in the upcoming years...

Thanks for the info....

Polestar,
Check out solomotoparts.com for the seat. Call MCSS and give them the site info and they should refund you about $5!

I had those guys bookmarked too.:doh2: I did as you recommended and they knocked $5 off, no question. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Back