new 2007 fz1 owner

phatjoe

Hey guys. Joe here with my 2007 fz1 with 1092 miles dark royal blue. Its my first yamaha i had a bandit 600 before. I ordered the elimenator kit. Taillight snd frsme slides. Im from queens ny and alot friends ride. Only question i have is whats a good slip on. I have access to a gytrbarley used for 200 but i want loud.any suggestions

Welcome, I too am a new fz1 owner and truly love this bike (coming from fz6, 1st bike). I have tb and cut 10" off. It is extremely loud, idle sounds good and when you crack it, nothing is louder IMO. In fact I think it is to loud. I don't do midnight rides anymore bc it wakes my town up (1400 population). Hope this helps

Welcome to the fofum, and cheers on the new bike...

I'd suggest you use the search box for info about the end can...
...you'll also find tons of info here...

Welcome! And congrats on the FZ1 purchase. I think you will find the GYTR slip on to be loud, but not too loud. If not, you can sell it and get something else.

welcome joe good luck i have a carbon TB and like it but i think without cutting the lenth of the can or gutting cat they all sound close to the same

Welcome, I too am a new fz1 owner and truly love this bike (coming from fz6, 1st bike). I have tb and cut 10" off. It is extremely loud, idle sounds good and when you crack it, nothing is louder IMO. In fact I think it is to loud. I don't do midnight rides anymore bc it wakes my town up (1400 population). Hope this helps

do you have any pics of pipe?

upload a photo from your computer to an image sharing site like ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
when you upload successfully, the site will give you a number of links to the photo

then you post the link here

if you want to go a bit further and embed the image in the forum page rather than posting a link that people have to click on to see it, then pick the "direct" link to the image and enclose it inside image tags when posting to the forum ie

Slip on

Hey Joe, I have an 08 FZ1S and i have a GYTR carbon Fiber muffler on her that I cut about 6 inches from it and it sounds great and yes its plenty loud thats for sure.
Shiny Side Up

Hey guys. Joe here with my 2007 fz1 with 1092 miles dark royal blue. Its my first yamaha i had a bandit 600 before. I ordered the elimenator kit. Taillight snd frsme slides. Im from queens ny and alot friends ride. Only question i have is whats a good slip on. I have access to a gytrbarley used for 200 but i want loud.any suggestions

Hey Joe, sorry I missed the original post. I'm right across the Whitestone on the Bronx side. Glad to have you aboard. You'll have to come up with us on some rides this Spring to Bear Mountain. Welcome to the group.

:welcome: to the site and congrats! Glad to have you here.

As for a can... I have the Two Bros with the P4 tip in it. Looks and sounds great but still quiet enough to not pi$$ off anyone.

sorry it took so long for the pics guys, im trying to deal with the popping problem with the gytr exhaust and im waiting for my frame sliders, rear elimenator kit and new taillight but heres two pics

full20bike_zps5ad85739.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back