new 2007 fz1 owner

Joe, just watch this video and it will show you how to "block" the AIS to quell your popping on decel. It's a simple thing that you can do in minutes and won't hurt anything.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKpobkmydRY&feature=player_embedded]FZ1 Video Tutorials - PC3, Airbox Mod and AIS Blocking - YouTube[/ame]

ok guys got another problem, bike came from the dealer with the full front fairings, and i ordered a pair of frame sliders but forgetting the fairings were on they didnt fit, any ideas where i can get sliders that will fit with the front fairings

You will need to dremel the fairings a little bit - no drilling a hole though ... or get the R1 sliders which IMO are not that strongly mounted as they use a metal bracket. Best ones are that go directly into the frame holes...

Congrats on the bike. I can see you are already reaping the benefits of joining this forum. The guys here are great and they give a variety of tips that you can choose from to make your bike the way you want it.

I'd suggest you get a full face helmet if you don't have one. I just got a chance to look at the pic of your bike, and although the graphics were a bit freaky, the lack of coverage bothered me most. I don't want to preach, and I don't believe in helmet laws, but I do believe in full face SNELL helmets.

I bet this guy wishes he was wearing a full face helmet.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQUsz7N95_o]Bloody motorcycle crash on the tail of the dragon.08-06-11 - YouTube[/ame]

I won't say another word about it. I felt compelled to mention it, but you're a big boy and are fully capable of making your own decisions. I just wanted to make sure you are fully informed.

Hey guys just finished the block off plates and let me say what a pain in the frekin ass to get to. But on the good side it worked not a pop what so ever so thank you everyone for the help

Hey guys just finished the block off plates and let me say what a pain in the frekin ass to get to. But on the good side it worked not a pop what so ever so thank you everyone for the help

Good to hear Joe! That's the way to do it, dive in and get it done! :Rockon: The best part about modding is that you get to know your own bike in and out. I know you had to have felt satisfied when you revved her up and there was no popping on decel!

That's the way I am, always looking for something else to do to my bike. Like working on it almost as much as riding it. Thinking about looking for a project bike just to have something to wrench on. Lol, joe I done my block off plates in my living room last winter. Didn't have my shop built at the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

O man it felt like 100lbs off my shoulders when there was no popping. It took me 45 min just to get one side off cause you could only get a 1/4 turn on those alan screws so I was likebscrew it and changed them out with 10mm headbolts instead make it easier

Back