New 2013 FJR1300 has arrived.

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A Features & Benefits

img.jpg

Wow! Lots of bells and whistles on the new FJR. I just get somewhat nervous at too many gadgets on a bike. Many more things to go wrong, but I'd probably take one in a second if I could ever afford it.

I still think I'm too young and stupid to appreciate a bike like that. I need to grow up another 5 years, maybe successfully make it into my 40s. That's why I love the Fz1 it's a bridge between a ricer rocket and something as amazing as an FJR

I still think I'm too young and stupid to appreciate a bike like that. I need to grow up another 5 years, maybe successfully make it into my 40s. That's why I love the Fz1 it's a bridge between a ricer rocket and something as amazing as an FJR

yes we agree, you should wait to ride fz1 ohh wait FJR :D

Well it is a heavy tourer and I think I would prefer a Triumph Sprint ST for this. So I go touring two up and fully loaded with my Fz1 and be happy. Maybe if I can not stand the stock Fz1 seat for more than 600 miles I will look for a more touring bike than the Fz1.

I am diggin the new headlight setup...i ride an 07 black cherry FJR ,just picked up the 08 FZ1 late this fall,i have thought about selling the FJR a number of times but every time i spend some time in the saddle i remember why i love it.It only shows its weight in parking lots:D,was checking the '13 out at the bike show in mpls this weekend,the new electronics seem to be a nice upgrade.

I am diggin the new headlight setup...i ride an 07 black cherry FJR ,just picked up the 08 FZ1 late this fall,i have thought about selling the FJR a number of times but every time i spend some time in the saddle i remember why i love it.It only shows its weight in parking lots:D,was checking the '13 out at the bike show in mpls this weekend,the new electronics seem to be a nice upgrade.
It`s bad enough falling over in a parking lot,it`s more embarrassing when you have to ask someone to give you a hand to pick it up,just ask a mate of mine.I use the old rule if you can`t pick it up by yourself, it`s too big for you.

It`s bad enough falling over in a parking lot,it`s more embarrassing when you have to ask someone to give you a hand to pick it up,just ask a mate of mine.I use the old rule if you can`t pick it up by yourself, it`s too big for you.

Your mate needs to learn how to pick up a motorcycle.

Tracy lifts the Goldwing! | Cruiser Community

The FJR is an awesome machine, not near as heavy as you may think once it's moving. A little girth is not a bad thing when crossing the plains with a strong cross wind.
I had close to 90k on mine when Bambi took it out. Ran great and still pulled real strong. I've seen the 13 up close, Yamaha did a nice job with the up grades.

It's still a machine that can corner *well* but this is a tourer and one I'd love to cross the country with. It would be my luxury machine, not a bike I'd use for carving or commuting but for long trips. I'm not at that stage in life yet but when I am ready, it would be a toss-up between this and the Connie.

Just for the record ive never actually dropped mine...just saying that the only time it "feels" heavy is at very low speed maneuvers...i love my FJR and if youve never rode one, the bike is truly the best of both worlds in one package!
(comfort and power)

The FJR is an awesome machine, not near as heavy as you may think once it's moving. A little girth is not a bad thing when crossing the plains with a strong cross wind.
I had close to 90k on mine when Bambi took it out. Ran great and still pulled real strong. I've seen the 13 up close, Yamaha did a nice job with the up grades.
He is 65yrs old and has had heart surgery ,I am 60yrs, metal heart valve,dicky back & shoulders from pro fishing and a herina, but saying all that I can pick up my FZ1s [slipped ass over on wet grass].I don`t understand people the older they get the bigger/heavier the bike they buy.

I actually used this technique of walking the bike up when I put my Fz1 down. Thank god my buddy with me told me how to do it, cause at first I was just going to hoist it up and it was a lot heavier than the Fz6.

It was surprisingly easy.

Back