New member welcome thread...

New to forums..While bike is in shop.....

Hello all!! New to the forums from Warren County NJ ride is in the shop after 4 wheeler decided he didnt want to turn left,he wanted to turn right the whole damn time.....ride a 08 FZ 1 ,should be upgrading can,tires sliders and may go naked now that I have a legit excuse to...Hmm OEM fairing and light=$Way too much,Street fighter light kit=$ about 500 beans,The heads that will turn because there is not too many nakeds in my neck of the woods=$priceless,Are there any riding clubs in the NW jersey area(hackettstown area).

Hello all!! New to the forums from Warren County NJ ride is in the shop after 4 wheeler decided he didnt want to turn left,he wanted to turn right the whole damn time.....ride a 08 FZ 1 ,should be upgrading can,tires sliders and may go naked now that I have a legit excuse to...Hmm OEM fairing and light=$Way too much,Street fighter light kit=$ about 500 beans,The heads that will turn because there is not too many nakeds in my neck of the woods=$priceless,Are there any riding clubs in the NW jersey area(hackettstown area).

where in Warren are you from? I am originally from High Bridge in the clinton area. Drop me a line if you would like to go riding. a pic of your bike would be nice too.... After its fixed.

Last edited:
Southern rider

Purchased a left over 09 FZ1, my first Yamaha. Owned Truimphs, BSA, AJS, lots of Hondas, couple Suzukis, 4 BMWs, and still have a Honda ST1100, V-Strom and now the FZ. Wow, what a bike! We live in upstate South Carolina with lots of good bike roads and North Carolina with it's super roads is just across my back yard.
Retired USAF and enjoying the ride.
Golden [ Bub ] Carper
Gaffney, SC

Purchased a left over 09 FZ1, my first Yamaha. Owned Truimphs, BSA, AJS, lots of Hondas, couple Suzukis, 4 BMWs, and still have a Honda ST1100, V-Strom and now the FZ. Wow, what a bike! We live in upstate South Carolina with lots of good bike roads and North Carolina with it's super roads is just across my back yard.
Retired USAF and enjoying the ride.
Golden [ Bub ] Carper
Gaffney, SC

Welcome to the forum. I'm envious of all the fine roads you have out there ;)

FZ1 S - Hong the Newbie

Hi all.

Loving the forum so far.

I'm Hong from Oxford, UK. Had a variety of bikes over the years. Stopped riding for a while, but have been back in the saddle again for 3 years now....much to my delight.

I am currently running 'Milky' a 2011 Fireblade and my muched loved 2009 'FZ1S'. I brought her back in March 2011....a real minter with less than 1000mls on the clock.

Have done the smoked indicators and tail tidy.....have a Pipewerx end can on order as I write this. Planning on new levers and a decent dark/smoked screen next (if anyone has any recommendations)....

After that who knows?

Will bang some photos up when new can fitted. Looking forward to joining in on a few threads in the future.

Cheers all...Hong

Hello everyone,

My name is Valter and I'm from Sweden, but now working and living in Prague, Czech rep. I also ride a Suzuki GSX-R 750 K4 and before that a VFR 750.

I just bought my first Yamaha FZ1-N 2008, got it yeasterday and the first 200km was great!

I'll get a Power Commander and a black Belly Pan and then I think it will look great.

Perhaps someone could help me, I took of the seat to check the battery yesterday and now i can't get it back on :deadhorse: Can't get the plastic "hook" to slid in the part on the bike (if you know what I mean)

Anyone that has experiance from the same problem?

Valter

new guy in ohio... gen2 fz1

Hi all,
I just picked up an 06 FZ1, Looking forward to making it my own, I already spent a lot of time on here lurking around.
It seems like there is a lot of great info.

also,
Im located in worthington OH, and always looking for new rides.......

I bought a new 08 FZ1 last month from a dealership. It's replacing my '95 600F3 and is another in a long list of bikes I've owned over the years.

I wanted something that had a better riding position and was still sporty as they say. FZ1 seems perfect in that regard. Haven't ridden it a lot yet - weather here has been brutally hot, but can tell I made a good decision based on my brother's feedback about his FZ1 - he bought one earlier this year.

I bought a new 08 FZ1 last month from a dealership. It's replacing my '95 600F3 and is another in a long list of bikes I've owned over the years.

I wanted something that had a better riding position and was still sporty as they say. FZ1 seems perfect in that regard. Haven't ridden it a lot yet - weather here has been brutally hot, but can tell I made a good decision based on my brother's feedback about his FZ1 - he bought one earlier this year.

Thats great! Now post up some pics of the Duster!!!! Oh, and Welcome!

new member from Mobile, AL

Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2002 FZ1 in Liquid Silver with 7200 miles. The bike is basically stock, except for a windscreen, muzzy slip on, and K&N drop in. I bought it in Hattiesburg, which is about 85 miles away, and rode it back. THis is my second bike, my first was an 01 Kawasaki ZX7R. My first impressions are that the bike is VERY comfortable, has plenty of power, and looks great. The only problem with it is one of the floats are sticking I think. It stumbles and pops at low rpm, and will stall sometimes when I come to a stop. Also, whenever I stop, it leaves a nice puddle of fuel underneath. I am going to try to get the carbs off tomorrow and clean them up. The person I bought the bike from only put a little over 1000 miles on it in over two years, so I am sure the carbs could use a thorough cleaning. Anyway, I really look forward to learning more about the bike from you guys, and I am ready to start buying some parts, such as flush signals, undertail, belly pan, etc.
Thanks everyone

Hello everyone

My name is Marcus.

I live in the Middle Tennessee area. I am a mechanical engineer and I just purchased a used red 08 FZ1. This is my third bike (01 750 gsxr, 04 600 gsxr) and I am pump. I've wanted one of these since they came out. This site is great and it looks like I've got a lot to learn.

Hello all!

My name is Torbjørn and I am a fresh member of the forum. During the process leading up to getting a new bike I have read some threads here, and since I am going to pick up my 2008 FZ1-SA from the dealer tomorrow :yes: I found it natural to register.

The FZ1 is replacing a '99 CB600 (Hornet) which I have been riding since 2001. It is obvious that I have been happy with it, but it was time to move on.

Hello to all from another neewbie

Hello,

My name is Bill. I am currently riding an 01 FZ1. I am an avid rider and have been riding for over 40 years. I had my first dirt bike at 6 and my first street bike at 15, I have owned about 30 different bikes over the years, the majority of them being Yamaha products

I am 48 years old and currently living in Florida. I am a member as of 8/21/11. I have been a member of several other owners groups and I am also a current member of FZO1A.

It's great to be aboard, and I look forward to getting to know, and possibly clocking a few miles with some of you.

Hello,

My name is Bill. I am currently riding an 01 FZ1. I am an avid rider and have been riding for over 40 years. I had my first dirt bike at 6 and my first street bike at 15, I have owned about 30 different bikes over the years, the majority of them being Yamaha products

I am 48 years old and currently living in Florida. I am a member as of 8/21/11. I have been a member of several other owners groups and I am also a current member of FZO1A.

It's great to be aboard, and I look forward to getting to know, and possibly clocking a few miles with some of you.

Glad you are here. I welcome your experiences and some pics of your bike(s)! This is a great place!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back