New member welcome thread...

Hey Everyone,

Name is Andrew and I just bought a 2005 FZ1 a few weeks ago. It's my first bike and I've been loving riding it so far. I'm 25 living out in Denver CO. Got the bike completely stock so I'm looking forward to modifying it and getting more familiar with it. Ride On.:cheers:

I am Adam. I purchased my new 2010 FZ1 almost two months ago. Her name is Lola. She is a dancer. Haha. She is black ( the only color I would have almost any bike) and Im loving it so far. I have installed custom modified front turn signals, CA smoke sequential tail light, T-Rex sliders front to back, and a custom fender eliminator I made, with led lights for the plate. I have a bunch of small mods planned, mostly cosmetic, that I hope to try out soon. I have gained plenty of useful info from the members here so far and figured it was time I shared a little about myself and my bike.

Have a good one.

Hey guys!
Im Dan, and I live in Rockland Ma, (its just south of bawston) =D
I bought my first bike a little less than 2 months ago to help with my need for speed! My Iroc-Z with about 8K in mods(Stock crate engine)just wasnt fast enough(even though it is still my baby) Bike its a 03 Kenny Roberts Edition FZ1. Its got high mileage on it but i figure as a first bike, i couldnt go wrong. I picked it up with 35,6XX miles on it, and now it just about to roll 37,000. The bikes been well maintained and still looks like a new bike. ( i was asked last week why i bought a brand new bike as my first bike!) I put a new front tire in it and off i went! The bike has a holeshot exhaust, a set of aftermarket bars, and the previous owner gave me a whole slew of goodies to go with the bike. A helmit, trickle charger, spare battery, factory service manual. Hopefully ill meet some of you guys soon!
051211181114.jpg

062511141922.jpg

The mullet machine.
041011165843.jpg

060411171804.jpg

Hey guys, new user here in the Seattle/Renton WA area. I just picked up a new '07 FZ1 (was assembled but never had fluids in it) and love it so far. Looking to do some modding, mostly for sound/aesthetics and not so much for perf (well right now LOL).

Looks like FE, slip-on and blinkers are first on the list with cowl next. Any thoughts before I start digging in on these things?

Thanks!
Rick

Hi All: teri here. thinking about an fz1...good deals on new 09s now. Currently have O7 Vulcan and 08 Versys with lots of mods. My husband has concours14 and I need more speed to keep up with him (LOL)! Actually, want to get down to 1 bike for both touring and twisties. Don't mind spending extra 4 long distance comfort mods needed, and aesthetics: lower fairings & integrated bags from canada. Don't want weight of concours14 or equiv. Am I on the right track with fz1? is 2011 ecu change worth extra $ or new 09
fine? TX!

newbie to the forum

Hey, what's up.

I've been riding for many years but I am not much of a mechanic. I just like to ride but I have been thinking about doing some mods.

I currently have a 2003 Yellow and Black FZ1 that I bought back in December of 2002 back when I lived in Boulder, CO. Now I live in the middle of a corn field and, that has got to change. East Coast or West Coast, I don't care, but get me back to the mountains.

Here's a few pics of my bike "Buzz". The first is next to the Acoustic Coffee House in Nederland, CO. and the second one is at the Boulder Shell station across from Dennys.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures any other way yet, so just click on the thumbnails to biggie size them.

tayl

Welcome, I think your first photo could be a bike of the month photo contender

Thanks bro. That's awesome, I'd like to be a contender. I'll go in search of the thread for that but, I think I still need help when it comes to posting pictures? Maybe this is the only way?

There's probably a newbie thread for that too.

tayl

Hey, what's up.

I've been riding for many years but I am not much of a mechanic. I just like to ride but I have been thinking about doing some mods.

I currently have a 2003 Yellow and Black FZ1 that I bought back in December of 2002 back when I lived in Boulder, CO. Now I live in the middle of a corn field and, that has got to change. East Coast or West Coast, I don't care, but get me back to the mountains.

Here's a few pics of my bike "Buzz". The first is next to the Acoustic Coffee House in Nederland, CO. and the second one is at the Boulder Shell station across from Dennys.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures any other way yet, so just click on the thumbnails to biggie size them.

tayl

Nice bike Dan! haha Talk about coincidence!

Greeting

Hi everyone.:cheers: My name is kuri. I'm Japanese.
I own 10 FZ1 FAZER(JPN) black which is only 94 horcepower.
But it's suitable for me because I'm beginner of riding the bike.
It has been only 2years since I got a driving license.
Sorry for my poor English.:bowdown:

How about your country?

Thank you for your replying Mr.johnnyontherocks.

Welcome! I have read that it is very difficult to get a license in Japan. Are the tests very difficult?

Tests were so difficult that they couldn't get a license until they took tests more than five times or so.
But nowadays it is easier than ever.
In Japan, in order to get a license(for bike over 400cc) we must take lessons about 12hours at driving school and it costs about $1300 typically.
It's hard and expensive compare to your country?

Back