New member welcome thread...

Welcome!

Is England like Australia where you are required to start with a small displacement bike and ride that for a year before moving to larger displacement?
Similar.... age restrictions on engine size... 24yrs old for full no restrictions licence...
I'm 41... got 125 3yrs ago as a project to sell....
That's what I told the missus.. ran that for a year then did my full test...

Similar.... age restrictions on engine size... 24yrs old for full no restrictions licence...
I'm 41... got 125 3yrs ago as a project to sell....
That's what I told the missus.. ran that for a year then did my full test...
Still better than here in the US.

You can get your M1 License at age 17 or 18 and walk into a moto shop and walk out with any motorcycle you can put a down payment on....

Im here in Idaho. Just traded a harley fatboy for a 2012. My bike before the harley was an 02 R1. The liter Yamaha’s have an irresistible pull on me.

I’m a 31 year old engineer who designs potato processing equipment. Looking to do the stator in my bike soon then get some bags and go on longer camping rides.

Im here in Idaho. Just traded a harley fatboy for a 2012. My bike before the harley was an 02 R1. The liter Yamaha’s have an irresistible pull on me.

I’m a 31 year old engineer who designs potato processing equipment. Looking to do the stator in my bike soon then get some bags and go on longer camping rides.
Welcome to the site!

Welcome and, um, what are you planning with the torch?

Also, it's not required (but STRONGLY encouraged!) to post up pics of any and all bikes you own or owned!

Not sure if I've done that, so here is my brief history in pics:

IMG_3172a.jpg

TrackDay2a.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

And, of course, my avatar pic is my current ride.

Hello, Brian here, new guy. I've lurked a bit to get some intel on my new to me '08 FZ1 that I picked up a year ago. I grew up from a young age on dirt bikes then had a few street bikes as a young man, last one was an '88 FZR1000 if I recall. Took a 25 year hiatus before getting back in the saddle last year. I did a lot of mountain biking (yes the pedal kind) in between, fun but not the same!
I picked up the FZ1 for not much money, figured it'd be a cheap way to see if I still enjoy riding. Short answer, yep, and I like the bike so much I can't really find a reason to upgrade to something newer. Whoever had it before did some nice mods to it. I've just added a quieter exhaust, had the seat redone to raise it up a little, put on some adjustable pegs, and made an extended platform to mount a decent size tail bag in place of the rear seat. Thanks to all who have contributed the good info over the years, have enjoyed reading up on it. I think I might get the ECU flash done soon based on the feedback I've seen here.

Hello, Brian here, new guy. I've lurked a bit to get some intel on my new to me '08 FZ1 that I picked up a year ago. I grew up from a young age on dirt bikes then had a few street bikes as a young man, last one was an '88 FZR1000 if I recall. Took a 25 year hiatus before getting back in the saddle last year. I did a lot of mountain biking (yes the pedal kind) in between, fun but not the same!
I picked up the FZ1 for not much money, figured it'd be a cheap way to see if I still enjoy riding. Short answer, yep, and I like the bike so much I can't really find a reason to upgrade to something newer. Whoever had it before did some nice mods to it. I've just added a quieter exhaust, had the seat redone to raise it up a little, put on some adjustable pegs, and made an extended platform to mount a decent size tail bag in place of the rear seat. Thanks to all who have contributed the good info over the years, have enjoyed reading up on it. I think I might get the ECU flash done soon based on the feedback I've seen here.
Welcome!!! do you still ride MTB? I have been big into MTB since 2000 and also rode dirt bikes as a teen before I started pedaling.

Welcome!!! do you still ride MTB? I have been big into MTB since 2000 and also rode dirt bikes as a teen before I started pedaling.
Thanks, and yes, still MTB, although it's not immediately obvious by looking at me lol! My other two wheel love is a carbon Niner RIP9, another fun toy but a lot more work to ride!

Thanks to you all for the welcome , I’ll post my pics when I get my 2007 full faired FZ1 S on Tuesday . Just been trying to gather info on TB balancing . I had a FZS1000 in 2015 , life was simpler then , or was it ‘cause I was younger !

Hi, new member here. I'm in Louisville, KY and am helping a friend revive a blue 2004 FZ1 with ~7,400 miles.

The bike's been sitting since ~2006, so it needed a few of the usual suspects sorted 😬. I just put a fresh set of Roadsmart 3s on it and will be riding it for a bit before putting it up for sale. Planning to ride a few hundred miles on it this weekend to really check it out, but so far it's been entertaining to ride. If this bike doesn't put a smile on your face, something must be wrong with you. I typically ride twins, so this a departure for me and I'm enjoying it. That said, the heat coming off the radiator is a bit much, not a fan.

Cheers!
mark

IMG_0232.jpg

Sweet looking ride, love the blue. Welcome from another "newbie".

I added some Roadsmart 3s as well, were a very good deal. So far I like them but have felt them wiggle a little a couple of times when I didn't really expect it. I'm definitely a 6/10s rider on the street. Not sure if it's just me?

Last edited:
I ended up riding about 400 miles total over the weekend. I scrubbed the Roadsmarts in on Sat then pushed them a bit on Sun. They felt great, nice turn in. I’ve used Metzeler Roadtecs for a long time, loved them, but $$$.

The bike ran great, now I’m looking for some luggage rack options. Will need to get the rear shock rebuilt or replaced.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpeg
    IMG_0239.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0238.jpeg
    IMG_0238.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
Hi everyone

Thought I would introduce myself. I am Veles. Good to meet you all! Currently ride an FZ1N 2010 which is in a constant process of modding, so will add some media and reviews here later from all the parts I fitted. I live in the south of Spain, so if any riders around give me a shout.
I have 15+ years of riding experience and quite few years as a mechanic, so will try to contribute here in the mechanical section!
Below a pic of my beauty. Still without an engine cage which I am fitting tomorrow. More pics to come!

Take care all

Attachments

• IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 8
Back