New member welcome thread...

Just checking in from Australia.

Owned two sunfire yellow FZ1Ns previously. Second one had the Penske, '06 R1 forks/calipers/master, braided hoses, Shock Treatment set the suspension up, '06 R1 header, Ivan's FCE, 'flies, tune, etc. It was a weapon. You might find my posts over at the other forum under user 'Trenchtractor', but I since lost access to the email connected to that account, and now can't access that forum. Tried signing up with my current email address, and it's like my account didn't activate properly, and nobody seems to monitor their admin contact?? Weird, I remember it being such an amazing resource, but that was 15 years ago.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a white 2014 with 24,000km on it for $6,500. It's not without it's issues.. had a ding in the tank, when I opened the oil pump cover I found the thread for the lower forward bolt was obliterated, those issues are now resolved. Steering head bearings are loose and might need replacing. It has the Dominator GP pipe fitted, which is obnoxious. It already had Vortex rearsets, lock off plates, and a few other little trinkets. Has angel Gt tyres, which feel terrible despite having decent tread.

On order:
- late model rear shock
- 08 forks
- 08 calipers
- Metalgear 310mm discs with alloy carriers
- Brembo RCS19 master
- HEL lines
- DB killer for the Dominator GP
- Fresh set of Michelin Road 6's

I wanted to ship off the ECU to Ivan, but he's out of his shop until September. And I also want to confirm I'm not going to lose the immobiliser.

1660257115584.png

Hi all
My name is Jakub
Got fz1 second gen for over a year now so it's time to join forum.
Before that it was sv650 k3 for number of years.
Been riding bikes since 10 years old.
Romet ogar 50cc, eventually moved into Kawasaki KMX 125 with 12 o'clock stand and wheelie wherever I possibly could.
Fz1 lifts a nose sometimes but long controlled wheelies are in the past.IMG-20230507-WA0003.jpg
I'm working in food industry as aprientiece multi skilled engineer.

Regards
Jakub

Hello there. New here. Am on some of the Facebook forums as Matthew David. Have a 2013 I purchased in 2018 from the original owner. He was PWRMAD on the FZ1OA. Commercial pilot who only put 2500 miles on it in 5 years. I drove from North Florida to Chicago to get it. Yosh stainless with a carbon can, flashed.
Love it! The pic is at Deal's Gap, The Dragon. I go to North Georgia with a bunch of ZRX folks every year the week after Memorial Day. Will be in the mountains all next week, 15th year in a row. Great bunch of folks.20190529_165618.jpg

Hi All, I just put a deposit down on a 2009 FZ1. Been waiting for months to buy one, but had to buy a house first (wife's request). Will be picking it up in about a week after we get the keys to the house and move in.

I've been riding street bikes since about 1996 When I bought my first street bike, the Ninja 500. Also have ridden dirt bikes since I was about 13. Sold my last "big" bike (2008 zx14) about 5 years ago. Last year I bought a Z125, and knew almost immediately that I was going to be looking at buying another big bike.

The bike is all stock with the exception of the RMstator upgrade, and the Yamaha comfort seat. I'm really looking forward to this bike and learning all I can. I've probably watched most youtube videos already ha!
353910668_7010776365616779_4523775195226868922_n.jpg

Hi
Rod from West Yorkshire , England.
Riding for 3yrs.
Started with
Chinese 125
Triumph sprint 955rs
Yamaha xjr 1300
And now 2009 yamaha fz1

Welcome!

Is England like Australia where you are required to start with a small displacement bike and ride that for a year before moving to larger displacement?

Hi All, I just put a deposit down on a 2009 FZ1. Been waiting for months to buy one, but had to buy a house first (wife's request). Will be picking it up in about a week after we get the keys to the house and move in.

I've been riding street bikes since about 1996 When I bought my first street bike, the Ninja 500. Also have ridden dirt bikes since I was about 13. Sold my last "big" bike (2008 zx14) about 5 years ago. Last year I bought a Z125, and knew almost immediately that I was going to be looking at buying another big bike.

The bike is all stock with the exception of the RMstator upgrade, and the Yamaha comfort seat. I'm really looking forward to this bike and learning all I can. I've probably watched most youtube videos already ha!

Welcome to the Site!

Back