New member welcome thread...

Intro

Hey guys,
Just a few short lines to say hi,My name is Alan and I'm from Ireland.I just purchased a 09 Fz1 abs 2 weeks ago(09 registered in 2010),its raven grey and totally standard apart from asv levers and a tail tidy.I have being looking at the site the last while and must say there is a wealth of knowledge here.Looking forward to modding my bike but i might have to wait for funds.
Previous bikes include a bandit 6,gsxr 600 srad,zx636r,cbr 954 and last bike was a k6 7fiddy.I also have 04 r6 for the track.Thats about it,looking forward to getting involved on the the forum.:cool:
Alan

hello all, my introduction here.
I'm jay in texas, owned my first street bike in 1980, so that might qualify me as an old dude. My last two bikes i had were a 97 vmax and 03 fz1. acquired an 2011 fz1 in january and think its another great bike. there is lots of information on this site.
safe riding to you. :popcorn:

Welcome to the board!

I currently have an '03 FZ1 that I'm getting ready to make some minor mods too. And I remember the original V-Max. I was on my '77 Kawi Z650-B2. I was just starting to get on the throttle when a guy I knew from high school blew by me in 4th gear. When he got on the throttle, the rear tire broke loose and he smoked it pretty good.:jaw drop:

I guess that kind of dates me. I'm a fossil.

Hey guys,
Just a few short lines to say hi,My name is Alan and I'm from Ireland.I just purchased a 09 Fz1 abs 2 weeks ago(09 registered in 2010),its raven grey and totally standard apart from asv levers and a tail tidy.I have being looking at the site the last while and must say there is a wealth of knowledge here.Looking forward to modding my bike but i might have to wait for funds.
Previous bikes include a bandit 6,gsxr 600 srad,zx636r,cbr 954 and last bike was a k6 7fiddy.I also have 04 r6 for the track.Thats about it,looking forward to getting involved on the the forum.:cool:
Alan

Welcome Jay, Dan, and Alan! Glad you guys found your way here to the board.

Jay! Another Texan here to join us. You'll find many here from the "Great State". Dan, don't worry pal. Your not the only "fossil" to join the ranks! We seem to fit in well here on the site! Lastly Alan, How's the craic? Can't say we have many lads from Ireland so I'm especially happy to see you join! You guys will have a lot of fun here. Post some shots of your rides when you have time. :cheers:

New FZ1

Hello,
Picking up a new 2011 close out on Tuesday. Trading in my 2010 FZ6R. I have been riding for two years now, this will be my third. The FZ6R was a great starter bike for sure, just wanted something a bit bigger. Looks like the FZ1 can be used for a bunch of different riding. I may end up making it more of a touring bike with hard cases in the future, but for now, just looking at having some fun. Are there any mods people recommend right out of the box, or is it fine as it is? Living on the plains, there are not a lot of curves out here but I will find some for sure! I am 41, getting into riding a bit late in life, but better late then never right?

Hello,
Picking up a new 2011 close out on Tuesday. Trading in my 2010 FZ6R. I have been riding for two years now, this will be my third. The FZ6R was a great starter bike for sure, just wanted something a bit bigger. Looks like the FZ1 can be used for a bunch of different riding. I may end up making it more of a touring bike with hard cases in the future, but for now, just looking at having some fun. Are there any mods people recommend right out of the box, or is it fine as it is? Living on the plains, there are not a lot of curves out here but I will find some for sure! I am 41, getting into riding a bit late in life, but better late then never right?

Welcome! I also had a a 2010 FZ6R, and found myself wanting more. I switched to the FZ1 last summer. It's more than adequate out of the box, but mods aren't really out of practicality, are they? :)
It's much louder than a 6R stock, but a slip on will improve the exhaust note a lot. The stock can sounds a little sick at low RPM. I run a Yosh R-77 and find it barely louder than stock, but a nicer sound.
There are lots and lots of other mods out there depending on your goals. $1000-$1500 can gain you 10-15HP pretty easily if you feel like you need to go faster than being shot out of a cannon. Exhaust, PCV, and minor mods to the intake tract will fix you right up.

If handling is more your thing, used R1 suspension is a great way to make it carve a lot better for little $$. Being on the plains, though, I bet you go with POWWERRRR! before anything else.

You're going to love this bike. The ergos are similar to the 6R, just more bike overall. It's like everything you wanted your 6R to be. Have fun!

Welcome! I also had a a 2010 FZ6R, and found myself wanting more. I switched to the FZ1 last summer. It's more than adequate out of the box, but mods aren't really out of practicality, are they? :)
It's much louder than a 6R stock, but a slip on will improve the exhaust note a lot. The stock can sounds a little sick at low RPM. I run a Yosh R-77 and find it barely louder than stock, but a nicer sound.
There are lots and lots of other mods out there depending on your goals. $1000-$1500 can gain you 10-15HP pretty easily if you feel like you need to go faster than being shot out of a cannon. Exhaust, PCV, and minor mods to the intake tract will fix you right up.

If handling is more your thing, used R1 suspension is a great way to make it carve a lot better for little $$. Being on the plains, though, I bet you go with POWWERRRR! before anything else.

You're going to love this bike. The ergos are similar to the 6R, just more bike overall. It's like everything you wanted your 6R to be. Have fun!

Glad to hear it, I think the ergos was the thing that brought me to the FZ1. I would have kept the FZ6R if there was any meaningful mods you could do HP wise, but you could spend $1500 and get 5HP! I am more of a push back in the seat kind of rider, I like acceleration, it's my thing. This should be the ticket. Thanks for the input!

Glad to hear it, I think the ergos was the thing that brought me to the FZ1. I would have kept the FZ6R if there was any meaningful mods you could do HP wise, but you could spend $1500 and get 5HP! I am more of a push back in the seat kind of rider, I like acceleration, it's my thing. This should be the ticket. Thanks for the input!

The FZ1 will definantly accelerate, but mostly above 7-8k. :squid: 8-12k can get crazy. :wow:

Be careful and have fun. I'm sure you will enjoy :blowing_kisses: the extra 400cc's. :cheerleader:

lads

hi im eu job carpentry.39 next week sold my new r1 in 04 because my son was on d way and wife wanted me 2 slow up 2 see him grow up. things didnt work with wife in 07 broke up 4m wife in 07 and got my new fz1n. new luv of my life not stopped showering her with gifts since. my son luvs her 2 great pass time together and happy out all 3of us lol.:thewave:

New member; question

Hey,
I just took my first ride the new-to-me '04 FZ1 after making a few modifications (windshield, Givi trunk bag) but I have question: I don't know if it has stock gearing, but it seems to run at high RPMs. 60 MPH = 4000 RPMs, 70 MPH = 4500. Is this normal? Thanks, Paul.

Hey,
I just took my first ride the new-to-me '04 FZ1 after making a few modifications (windshield, Givi trunk bag) but I have question: I don't know if it has stock gearing, but it seems to run at high RPMs. 60 MPH = 4000 RPMs, 70 MPH = 4500. Is this normal? Thanks, Paul.

Spot On Paul! Thats exactly what my 01' used to run at stock. Welcome to the forum by the way. Congrats on your GenI. Post up a shot or two when you have time. Where in NY??

hey there everybody, my name is josh.
im from venice florida been here for 10 years. born in tennessee.
i have been riding motorcycles since the young age of 5. i am still fairly new to the street or road. ive been riding dirt bikes for years. i started riding on road about 2 years ago on a crappy 250 ninja but couldnt complain bought it for 200 bucks. then got back into the dirt thing with a 650 kawasaki klr enduro that thing was a blast, but all my friends had street bikes so i was tired of being the slow guy. i liked the look of r6s and the r1 but the hugging the gas tank style riding was uncomfortable to me. discovered the fz1 about 8 months ago and had to have one. got my current 2008 red and gold fz1 a couple months back and i love it so much. cant keep me off the thing. please dont let my young age fool you. im only 19 turning 20 next month. im not one of those kids thats think they are indestructable and riding like they have a death with. ive grown up with loud fast cars, bikes, trucks you name it. i know the dangers of the the thrill of our shared love of riding and hope to chat about our bikes or perhaps even ride togther with some of you one day.

hey there everybody, my name is josh.
im from venice florida been here for 10 years. born in tennessee.
i have been riding motorcycles since the young age of 5. i am still fairly new to the street or road. ive been riding dirt bikes for years. i started riding on road about 2 years ago on a crappy 250 ninja but couldnt complain bought it for 200 bucks. then got back into the dirt thing with a 650 kawasaki klr enduro that thing was a blast, but all my friends had street bikes so i was tired of being the slow guy. i liked the look of r6s and the r1 but the hugging the gas tank style riding was uncomfortable to me. discovered the fz1 about 8 months ago and had to have one. got my current 2008 red and gold fz1 a couple months back and i love it so much. cant keep me off the thing. please dont let my young age fool you. im only 19 turning 20 next month. im not one of those kids thats think they are indestructable and riding like they have a death with. ive grown up with loud fast cars, bikes, trucks you name it. i know the dangers of the the thrill of our shared love of riding and hope to chat about our bikes or perhaps even ride togther with some of you one day.

Welcome aboard.... Also have a red 08. Really a great bike. Come down to lakeland / tampa area a good bit, but i'm in an 18wheeler when i do.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.... Also have a red 08. Really a great bike. Come down to lakeland / tampa area a good bit, but i'm in an 18wheeler when i do.

thank you sir, yeah so far i love the bike. the 18wheeler topic is awesome. my dad drives big rigs been around trucks most my life. well if u ever are down this way with your bike i would love to get to ride with other fz1 riders. not to many around here. but thats ok with me i dont like having the same stuff as everyone else in town.

thank you sir, yeah so far i love the bike. the 18wheeler topic is awesome. my dad drives big rigs been around trucks most my life. well if u ever are down this way with your bike i would love to get to ride with other fz1 riders. not to many around here. but thats ok with me i dont like having the same stuff as everyone else in town.

I have thought about starting a blog on here, wouldn't be completely bike related but out of my 2500+ miles a week there is bound to be something interesting to write about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

I have thought about starting a blog on here, wouldn't be completely bike related but out of my 2500+ miles a week there is bound to be something interesting to write about.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

thats always on forums ive found out. im on a couple other forums like the chevy c-10 forum and stuff. there is always a random or goof off blog that is always off topics of that particular forum. it usually is pretty interesting and fun as long as most member keep it pg or pg-13 rated hahaha

Hey everybody my name is Eric and i live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, a couple months ago i bought a 2010 fz1 its the fourth bike i have owned so far i started off with a 06 zzr 600 than got a 09 zx6r and than i got a 09 zx10r that i still own,my reasoning for buying the fz1 is for comfort on long rides my 10r starts to hurt me after a coule hundered kms lol.

Back