New member welcome thread...

Just like Christmas day!

Made the decision, bit the bullet and TODAY, took delivery of my 2008 FZ1 in red from Colgan Powersports in Manassas, VA. My first bike @ 46. Rode for 2 hours and had a blast. So glad that I decided on the FZ1 over the FZ6R -nothing against them but, for me, I know this is the perfect bike for me. It pulled me out of the curves, up twisty hills. When the tech was taking the bike off the trailer, it was the same feeling I had as a kid when I got my first pair of Cowboy boots! Thanks to everyone on this forum - it was 80% of why I chose this bike.

Welcomed and glad we swayed you to purchase the "right" bike. The FZ1 is a blast and you'll enjoy it even more since you got the faster red :D

Welcome Supercharged, and congrats! I'm sure you realize this, but take it easy on that FZ1! They aren't as fast as an all-out hypersport 1k, but they are a liter bike and can you get in trouble pretty quick!

New Gen I

Last week i traded my 2006 Buell Blast for a black 2001 FZ1. i've been lurking for about a week searching in the forum to find answers for my question. Thanks to the resources available, i can avoid posting newbie questions. hooray. One thing i was wondering: does anyone else have highway pegs / forward rests mounted on the frame down-tubes? they attach to the same point as the chin fairing. I'm not sure i like them, but i have not bothered to remove them yet.

I've only put about 400 miles on the bike since picking it up, and am working on getting the suspension dialed in. So far its been wonderful. i can't imagine that changing any time soon.

-ian

Last week i traded my 2006 Buell Blast for a black 2001 FZ1. i've been lurking for about a week searching in the forum to find answers for my question. Thanks to the resources available, i can avoid posting newbie questions. hooray. One thing i was wondering: does anyone else have highway pegs / forward rests mounted on the frame down-tubes? they attach to the same point as the chin fairing. I'm not sure i like them, but i have not bothered to remove them yet.

I've only put about 400 miles on the bike since picking it up, and am working on getting the suspension dialed in. So far its been wonderful. i can't imagine that changing any time soon.

-ian

Welcome aboard Ian and great choice in picking a Black 01'. Your gonna love yours as I love my black 01'. I have seen highway pegs I think for the 2nd Generation FZ1's (06 to 09), but I'm not sure about the first gen bikes. I'll have to take a look on the "other site" to make sure. If I find the thread I'll send you a link. Post us a pic of your new ride. Here is a shot of my 01'.

WoodstockTrip006-1.jpg

Well I'm from Ottawa,Ontario and I bought my 03 FZ1 from a friend it's the Special Edition. Ever since I have owned guys around my age and remember the glory days of ripping around without all kinds of stupid laws out there. Also a lot less bone head car drivers! They have all said the same thing when they see my FZ1, "hey the Kenny Roberts Edition!"

Anyway nice to meet all of you!

Peter

Alright Billy, i think you can see the highway peg mounts in at least one of these pictures. also, it got dark while i was photographing, so you can check out the LED caselights that the previous owner installed.

-ian

Alright Billy, i think you can see the highway peg mounts in at least one of these pictures. also, it got dark while i was photographing, so you can check out the LED caselights that the previous owner installed.

-ian

Great looking bike Ian. You even have the same D&D Exhaust as I do. Have you heard your exhaust up over 8,000rpms ? She's a real screamer! I imagine that those highway pegs will come in handy for longer rides when you want to stretch your legs. I have installed factory lower fairings so I probably couldn't use them, but I would leave them on. Have fun with the new bike!

Well I'm from Ottawa,Ontario and I bought my 03 FZ1 from a friend it's the Special Edition. Ever since I have owned guys around my age and remember the glory days of ripping around without all kinds of stupid laws out there. Also a lot less bone head car drivers! They have all said the same thing when they see my FZ1, \"hey the Kenny Roberts Edition!\"

Anyway nice to meet all of you!

Peter

Welcome Peter! I love the Kenny Roberts paint scheme. Post up some shots when you get a chance. A pleasure to meet you as well. Thanks for joining.

Howdy. Just bought an 02 FZ1, and thought I'd jump over to this forum and see what I could learn. This is my 4th bike, first standard after a steady diet of cruisers. I ride about 5K a year (more in some) and am looking forward to some new good times.

View attachment 1088

Howdy. Just bought an 02 FZ1, and thought I'd jump over to this forum and see what I could learn. This is my 4th bike, first standard after a steady diet of cruisers. I ride about 5K a year (more in some) and am looking forward to some new good times.

View attachment 1088

A big HOWDY right back at ya! Thats a very clean 02' you have there Ally, good luck with it. If you ever need a hand just let us know. Everyone here is always ready to help. If the bike runs great then just stop by to shoot the breeze! We enjoy that too!! :welcome:

Back