New member welcome thread...

Just got my first FZ1. It is a 2003 that needs love. Runs great all the same. Will go well with my rf900 and my xr650r supermoto!

133c026d83872861af517b22372c6af0.jpg

7bf3e24f9f9186c9d736abd368ae9026.jpg

0416d04abd11dd82c876c63bd8c66413.jpg

67df7d1b2f050415a5276393c949a975.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Simple here!

Greetings! I am a SoCal rider and upgraded to a Gen 2 FZ1 earlier this year.

In fact, I was looking to do my first oil change on the FZ1 and couldn't find a video for reference. Since I am not new to motorcycle oil changes I decided last minute to record my oil change process and upload to youtube in hopes that it helps someone else out.

Let me know the appropriate section on the forums to add the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG6e4Oj9aQk

Oh and I suppose for now on the forums I will go by Simple or TSM (The Simple Machine).

Anyways, looking forward to being part of this community and possibly even meeting responsible FZ1 riders in the LA/OC area.

Welcome to the forum! I'll be sure to check out your video :)

Sweet. It's awesome to be welcomed to the forum by another Canadian. Though I live in SoCal, I miss the great white north! Oh and they don't use real maple syrup on waffles/crepes down here! :(

Lol might as well feed into the stereotype eh? But they do make up for it with the weather!

I'd certainly trade our wonderful maple syrup for that riding heaven you've got down there, no question! Where are you from in Canada & how'd end up down in SoCal? I'm living in the 'California of Canada', at least weather-wise, so I can't really complain too much. :)

I'd certainly trade our wonderful maple syrup for that riding heaven you've got down there, no question! Where are you from in Canada & how'd end up down in SoCal? I'm living in the 'California of Canada', at least weather-wise, so I can't really complain too much. :)

Moved out here from Toronto a couple years ago for work. It truly is easy to rack up miles down here. So far I have done 4k km in the first 3 months of the year and haven't really even been on any trips, just commuting. Guess fun rides start in May.

If you ever get down here I highly recommend taking down California 1 hwy. One of the most beautiful rides I have done on a bike. The next closest was the ride through New Brunswick on my first run from Toronto to Nova Scotia on my FZ6. Unfortunately never made it into Nova Scotia and had to turn around due to a major thunderstorm for the weekend and didn't have time to wait it out since I needed to get back to Toronto for work. But from what I have seen Nova Scotia is a pretty sweet spot to ride in Canada.

Though I am sure riding to Whistler and Banff is just as beautiful. I have only done Vancouver to Whistler in a car. One day I will make it out that way on a bike. I still need to go up and see the Northern lights!

I'm pretty fortunate to have friends in California and so I make an effort to go down there to ride at least once a year. I absolutely love riding in Oregon & California and especially on the coast. BC has the best riding weather in Canada but we also don't have very many roads due to the terrain and low population. Street riding gets old pretty quickly here but thankfully all the states south of us have excellent riding.

I've done the east coast by car and I definitely agree about Nova Scotia. I'd love to go back some time on the bike and also spend more time in Montreal and Halifax.

Hello,
My name is Chad.

I just recently got a 2010 FZ1 in candy apple red. This is my third motorcycle.
The first bike I owned was a 2003 Ducati Monster 620 i.e. Dark.
I then upgraded to a 2002 Honda VFR800A VTEC.

I work as a reliability and sample technician for a company that fabricates and manufactures Micro-electro-mechanical-sensors.

One unique thing that separates me from most others is that I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma stage II (a tumor) at the age of 11 months.

Please feel free to ask me anything.
Safe travels and ride to live!

Wonder how many Russians are out here?

Hello everyone!

So I'm a guy living in Moscow, Russia who just bought his FZ1N'2006. First bike for me :3

Last summer I spent about 2 months learning to ride from a motostuntman (no fancy stunts, just basic riding skills on a TW200). The guy advised not to try starting with something weaker but go for the 998cc straight away.

Have a good one everyone.

New to the forum and to the FZ1. Picking up a mint 06 in a couple of weeks. I am a resident heavy duty technician living in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Don't want to give away my age but I have just come off a ZX14 (fantastic bike) because I cannot take the riding position anymore. Have owned Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, first Yamaha. My only real concern is the fueling glitch the early model EFI bikes are famous for, internet exaggeration or is there a real issue that needs addressing.
Look forward to being part of the forum.

Hi Fazers

i'm a ex Gixxer so i guess for FZ1 owners we call them Fazers :p , Im Hedi Tunisian living in Dubai my first bike was a GSXR 750 09 and this is my second. unfortunatly the Fazer is not the ideal bike for roads here that's why it price is so cheap mine is 20k km 10 years old 1st ownet got it for less than 2500 usd. but i like it anyway im spending a lot on maintaining it and will post pix once ready.

ride safe guys - God bless all

Strength and guidance

Hi everyone. I'm from a little tuff rock called Windsor in Ontario Canada. I been riding for 2years now. I joined this site because my bike got stolen over a moth ago and when the police found it in a ditch a week ago. I knew I would need some help putting it back together. I'm a fan of the fz1 even tho it's my first and only bike I've ever owned, I think it suits me we'll. I'm 6'3 265lbs and I'm looking to start my first project bike. I'm 31 and fell in love as soon as I took my first ride two years ago. Before that I never rode now that I have there's no looking back. Hope to here from some of you guys. I want to build a 2001 bobber style streetfighter fz1. I have a vision just not the know how but I'm willing to try.

Hello everyone!

So I'm a guy living in Moscow, Russia who just bought his FZ1N'2006. First bike for me :3

Last summer I spent about 2 months learning to ride from a motostuntman (no fancy stunts, just basic riding skills on a TW200). The guy advised not to try starting with something weaker but go for the 998cc straight away.

Have a good one everyone.

My wife is from Russia (Tomsk) and I have been there. Streets can be scary, even when they are not covered in snow.

With that being said, the FZ1 is a great bike, you will enjoy it.

Be safe and welcome to the forum!

New to the forum and to the FZ1. Picking up a mint 06 in a couple of weeks. I am a resident heavy duty technician living in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Don't want to give away my age but I have just come off a ZX14 (fantastic bike) because I cannot take the riding position anymore. Have owned Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, first Yamaha. My only real concern is the fueling glitch the early model EFI bikes are famous for, internet exaggeration or is there a real issue that needs addressing.
Look forward to being part of the forum.

Bonjour :) Frenchman here too, just not flying (normally...)
I only have a 1st gen but I believe the 2nd gen fueling glitch is fully resolved with an Ivan ECU upgrade (Ivan's Performance Products) for all gen 2 model years. This bike may have already been kitted though because the stock '06 was pretty bad, make sure to check with the seller.
There are other similar products but it seems like Ivan's kit is the most polished.

Last edited:
New guy from CT

Hello all!

I've recently picked up a 2008 FZ1 in the Iron Man color scheme. I've been riding for quite a while, on a few different bikes, but currently in the stable are the FZ1 and a 2004 FZ6. I'm well acquainted with the ins and outs of the FZ6 , and looking forward to learning the FZ1 now as well.

I'm currently riding around southeastern Connecticut, but if I'm lucky will be back in my home state of Colorado by year's end. I currently work in Hydro-electric power generation and power transmission.

Picture tax:
VKCGmaLh.jpg

Another new member

Hi, my name is Bob and just bought a super clean 01. I've been a life long rider, and suffer from MMS, but currently down to 2 bikes, the FZ1 and an 04 FJR. Love the FJR, but wanted a little lighter dancing partner. The FZ fills that bill perfectly.

Hi, my name is Bob and just bought a super clean 01. I've been a life long rider, and suffer from MMS, but currently down to 2 bikes, the FZ1 and an 04 FJR. Love the FJR, but wanted a little lighter dancing partner. The FZ fills that bill perfectly.

Welcome to the forum, Bob! Glad to have you here :)

Back