New member welcome thread...

Greetings fellow riders. Carl here, living in south Florida. The love of my life, (besides the wife), is a 2007 Cobalt Blue fz1. I have a GYTR slip-on, cnr levers, Puig smoked screen, home made helmet lock holder, home made fender eliminator, fz1 gel seat. I've got a few carbon fiber pieces, but always looking for more. Lost my job last year, so had to put a few mods on hold until I can catch up on money. I have a power commander and k&n air filter to install, along with doing airbox mods and copperdawg flies. I'm in the process of making a backrest for when the wife is on the bike with me. Thanks to all of you for the legwork you've done, just makes it easier for us to follow in your steps. Pictures to come! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Great to be with my fellow FZ owners!

Hi everybody, My name is Chad and I live in West Bend Wisconsin. I just got back into motorcycles 8 years after my Dad was killed on a Honda Goldwing. It has been a tough road back to riding again but I felt it was time. My wife found me a 2007 FZ1 in Sheboygan Wisconsin and I bought the bike a couple of weeks ago. It is great to be back in the saddle again, and the FZ1 has exceeded my expectations, with the exception of the seat (gotta change that as soon as possible). I will also change the exhaust, intake (air filter), and add some cosmetic features just to put my personal touch on the bike. I will post pictures of the changes to the bike, it is completely stock right now.

To all of my FZ1 (and FZ6) brothers and sisters, ride safe and hopefully I will see you on the road somewhere.

Take care

Chad aka CGFZ1

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Chad. Glad to hear that you're back in the saddle again (I'm sure it wasn't easy). Good luck with your ride and stay safe :tup:

Long time rider just sold my Kawasaki. Looking at a leftover 2009 FZ1 or FZ6. Are the EFI problems on the FZ1 too annoying or can they be remapped?

Thanks.

Long time rider just sold my Kawasaki. Looking at a leftover 2009 FZ1 or FZ6. Are the EFI problems on the FZ1 too annoying or can they be remapped?

Thanks.

The fueling on the '09 FZ1 should be pretty good right from the factory. If you're not happy with it in stock form there's Ivan's FCE and DynoJet's PC V (or PC III) that make it all better.

*Note* the FCE and PC V are meant to do different things, but can complement each other...

This is where we announce our arrival, right?

I'm Jon, 33, British, riding for 5 years or so... I've had an ER-5, an FZS600, a VFR800 (interceptor) and now I have a 2010 FZ1 Fazer in graphite. I've had it a bit over a year (from new) and I bloody love it. It's the absolute sweet-spot between performance and handling as far as I'm concerned. And it looks awesome too.

Apologies for the fuzzy photo - it's about as good as my iPhone 3G can manage.

fz1.jpg

Heh - if yours looks *just* like mine it now has crash bobbins and a bit missing from the front mudguard where you backed it up with the disklock still on it.

I have a new mudguard in the attic but I'm not putting it on yet as I'm bound to make the same mistake again.

Heh - if yours looks *just* like mine it now has crash bobbins and a bit missing from the front mudguard where you backed it up with the disklock still on it.

I have a new mudguard in the attic but I'm not putting it on yet as I'm bound to make the same mistake again.

You need a remove before flight ribbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
brent day from tifton ga 08 fz1 married going on 13 years. Im 32 years of age. Work in logistics. Love to ride in north ga and the alsome us 129 aka the dragon. Been riding since 03.

Hi all, I have been riding an fz6r(1rst bike) since feb. I put about 6000mi on her and decided that it was time to move on to something bigger and better so last week i traded her in on a 09 fz1 in cobalt blue. This bike is amazing compared to the fz6r. I cant wait to get some time on the bike to get use to it. I think that i made a good choice in choosing this bike. This site is awesome!

Hi all, I have been riding an fz6r(1rst bike) since feb. I put about 6000mi on her and decided that it was time to move on to something bigger and better so last week i traded her in on a 09 fz1 in cobalt blue. This bike is amazing compared to the fz6r. I cant wait to get some time on the bike to get use to it. I think that i made a good choice in choosing this bike. This site is awesome!

Welcome to the forum. Yes, that's a nice upgrade to go from the FZ6R to the FZ1.

Hi
brent day from tifton ga 08 fz1 married going on 13 years. Im 32 years of age. Work in logistics. Love to ride in north ga and the alsome us 129 aka the dragon. Been riding since 03.

Welcome Brent and Bama. Glad you guys joined the ranks here. Brent, I can't say I'm not envious of you after going to Deal's Gap last year. You guys that live down there are so fortunate!
Bama, your gonna grow to love the power on the FZ1 and will be modding her in no time flat, trust me!

This is the same way I got started on the FZs. I was on cruisers prior to the FZ6R. Traded it for an FZ1 also in cobalt blue, but had it modded to add fairings then had it painted a deep purple. You will enjoy the heck out of the FZ1.

Welcome to the forum to both you and Brent. Glad to have some more new members.

Well kinda new, been quite some time

Hi there blokes, and blokettes.

Been quite some time indeed, been kinda busy, divorce, and loads of other shyte, going wrong, with a couple of really good things happening.
Managed to keep the FZ1 and the ZRX and most of my tools.

Anyway, managed a few good rides, where the FZ1 proved its self to be a very fine steed, with not to bad comfort, on the long 10 hr hauls.

Last time I logged in, the FZ1 was brand spanking new, or there abouts.
Ran it at the Heathcote drags, xmas challenge 2009, running solid 11.83's in totally stock trim and with less than 1,000k's on the clock.

Ran her again at Heathcote xmas challenge 2010, this time with a yoshi slip-on, 16 tooth front sprocket, and shinko tyres, and Oleon Oils. Ran a new PB of 11.03

Will be interesting to see what she'll do this xmas challenge, with a power commander, and a few extra teeth on the rear, and a couple of mods alia copperdawg.

Hi all! I am from Finland and 22 years old.

My bike history is Kawasaki ER5, Yamaha FZS600, Yamaha FZ6-S, and now FZ1-S -06. Yamahas are great bikes. I am going to be an engineer in a short time.

Got inspired to buy a FZ1 after speaking to a local police officer, they have fz1-s as their work bikes.

Back