Nitron NTR Sport Shock

I was with a black and yellow 08 CBR100RR and that sounds about the right time too.

Yeah....there were two bikes. I was going to turn around but I had to get home! Glad you got the shock sorted out.....and I agree with your comments re the attributes of the FZ1. I love mine too!

Ballmead. Followed your example and bought a nitron rear shock and i will also drop the front 5mm. Looking forward to try the bike after this.. To bad it´s far to the track..

You will love the rear shock and the faster turn in/improved handling.
Make sure you also raise the rear 5mm over stock.
The shock should be adjusted to around 325mm eye to eye.
Please let me know how you like it after the changes.

As I have been asked about the shock a few times I thought I would give my impression of the shock after having it on the bike for nearly a year now.
In one word, awesome.
It behaves flawlessly on the bike and just 2 turns of the rebound can be easily felt in the rear end, so the damping is top notch.
It doesn't have the fancy hi and low comp settings but what it does have is adjustable ride height, pre-load and a combined rebound/comp adjusting knob which is extremely easy to set up.
For the money, under $580 AUD, it was a bargain and I'm really happy with it.

Very nice to hear John. I hope my Penske is just as good then.
Can I get your advise when I fit my shock for the setup then?

Oh and the family is moving to sydney before I get home, so I'll be coming home straight to w/syd... and the bike will be prepped for riding by SCM Kogarah...

Very nice to hear John. I hope my Penske is just as good then.
Can I get your advise when I fit my shock for the setup then?

Oh and the family is moving to sydney before I get home, so I'll be coming home straight to w/syd... and the bike will be prepped for riding by SCM Kogarah...

Yeah mate I can give you some tips but it's all about how it feels for your riding style and what you want from the shock.

Can't wait to go riding with you all you guys from sydney, central coast and newy... :D

Can't wait, sounds like a plan.

I'm also thinking about ordering the Nitron NTR . Dunno if I should go for track or sport .. I guess my bike doesn't see that much track ..
The Track would cost me as much as the OEM replacement from Ohlins which doesn't have length adjustment, compression damping, or spring preload, and comes with a standard spring (which probably does not "fit all") , and on paper looks much better than the Ohlins, with the only minus being the color of the spring

So what do you guys say, online order from Nitron, cheaper road shock, or track at the same price as the basic Ohlins ?

I'm also thinking about ordering the Nitron NTR . Dunno if I should go for track or sport .. I guess my bike doesn't see that much track ..
The Track would cost me as much as the OEM replacement from Ohlins which doesn't have length adjustment, compression damping, or spring preload, and comes with a standard spring (which probably does not "fit all") , and on paper looks much better than the Ohlins, with the only minus being the color of the spring

So what do you guys say, online order from Nitron, cheaper road shock, or track at the same price as the basic Ohlins ?

I was having the same dilemma when I was first looking at Nitron shocks.

I rang Nitron and asked what would be the best option for 90% street 10% track work and they told me that I should go for the Sport shock.

I was told that they have racers also using the sport shock so I decided to go with their advice and haven't looked back.

BTW I think you can also get a black coloured spring.

I was having the same dilemma when I was first looking at Nitron shocks.

I rang Nitron and asked what would be the best option for 90% street 10% track work and they told me that I should go for the Sport shock.

I was told that they have racers also using the sport shock so I decided to go with their advice and haven't looked back.

BTW I think you can also get a black coloured spring.

Cool .. another thing, what is that "2-way combined damping control" ?
And should I get it set to +5mm longer than stock, or more ? I was thinking of raising the forks 5mm also, but that's maybe not necessary if I get a longer shock ?

The rebound and comp work together with the one adjuster knob.
Definitely get it raised 5mm.
You can also drop the forks a little too.
My bike is raised 5mm rear and has 15mm shorter R1 forks and it handles unreal and isn't unstable at all.
There is a lot of scope for geometry changes with these bikes due to the long wheelbase.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yea, you said that in another thread also .. Damn, that's a LOT of geometry change ! Do you think getting it even longer would be a good idea ? Like 10 mm ? or 7? Maybe I don't have to screw with the forks then .. Or is that a good idea anyway ?

Reading this thread was making me itchy for another upgrade.

Then reality sunk in and figured I should learn to ride again before spending money on something which isn't a limiting factor :p

Sure is a nice bit of kit though!

Then reality sunk in and figured I should learn to ride again before spending money on something which isn't a limiting factor :p

for me it definitely was a limiting factor, even on the street. The bike was squirming under me when riding hard. It was also pretty hard to aim in the corners, but now it's like on rails

You'll enjoy a quality shock just from the improved comfort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back