Nitron NTR Sport Shock

Excellent Ballmead! Sounds like it was a good day........and no cops, I am surprised!!

Is the rebound at 9 out from hardest about mid way in the range?

I'm also curious about the Q2s.......I'm tossing up between them, conti street attacks and the M5s.

Keen to hear your opinion on both the shock and tyres after you've ridden them a while.

Excellent Ballmead! Sounds like it was a good day........and no cops, I am surprised!!

Is the rebound at 9 out from hardest about mid way in the range?

I'm also curious about the Q2s.......I'm tossing up between them, conti street attacks and the M5s.

Keen to hear your opinion on both the shock and tyres after you've ridden them a while.

There are 24 clicks in total and they set the shock up at 10 clicks out from full hard for the FZ1.
About the tyres, check out my forum NSW RATs - The Front Page and do a tyre search.
The fellas all swear by the Q2's and we have found a US based supplier that will get the Q2's landed for $306 AUD to your door.
PM me for more info, they also sell the M5's which by all accounts are also excellent tyres. I'm not familiar with the Conti's so I can't comment on them.

Q2s are very nice tires. I've got the on the track bike and really, really like them. I feel like I can get away with murder on them. : oops:

Give the shock a little time and keep playing with it. The main thing that I like about my Penske over stock is how much smoother it is.

Thanks for the report on your new shock. Sounds like you had fun testing it out. However very brave of you to do it on the "old Road" (which I assume is the Old Pacific Hwy) especially on a weekend. Last time I rode on that stretch of tar they had reduced the speed limit to 60kph for almost it's entire length and it's reputation for being heavily policed is legendry. Plus all the weekend traffic and cyclists!!

Ps I have some time off work. Let me know when you are going for another ride and maybe I could join you.

Thanks for the report on your new shock. Sounds like you had fun testing it out. However very brave of you to do it on the "old Road" (which I assume is the Old Pacific Hwy) especially on a weekend. Last time I rode on that stretch of tar they had reduced the speed limit to 60kph for almost it's entire length and it's reputation for being heavily policed is legendry. Plus all the weekend traffic and cyclists!!

Ps I have some time off work. Let me know when you are going for another ride and maybe I could join you.

If you go early in the morning the traffic and cops aren't too bad.
There were a fair few cyclists though.
I don't speed in any of the open sections and the tight bumpy bits are perfect for testing out suspension.
I'll let you know when I go for a ride next maybe a few of us can meet up for a ride?

Elka's are pretty nice shocks, parts can be a little tough to come by in the US however; and for the price the Penske 2 way is probably a better value.

My .02 cents. :confused0024::wilynily:

Still waiting on arrival. Monday or Tuesday I think

Did you buy one mate or are you talking about me?
The shock hasn't made a world of difference to how I ride the FZ1 to be quite honest.
I think I had the standard shock set up pretty good, so the Nitron hasn't been a massive improvement on what I had stock.
I weigh 78 kg's without gear and the stock shock was perfect for my weight range.
My Nitron shock looks great and performs ok but it hasn't been the huge improvement in handling that I expected.
I even raised the rear 5mm over stock and I can hardly tell it's any different.
I suspect if you are really heavy or really light then a new shock/spring will make a world of difference for you.

Well, well well.... what a difference 2 clicks of rebound can make. I knew I should have waited until after today to comment about the shock.
I had another go at setting up my rear shock today on the Old Rd again and this time the bike /shock performed flawlessly.
I think I have finally found the perfect set-up for me.
Previously it was too hard, then I made it too soft and now I reckon it's just right.
I have it 9 clicks out from full hard atm and it soaks up the bumps and allows you to really push the bike in, through and out of corners, I'm loving it.
My mate on his 08 CBR1000RR and myself on my FZ1N had a blast chasing each other today through the twisties.
The FZ1 is more than a match for his CBR1000RR through the twisties as we both ride at a similar pace. Top end his bike walks away mainly due to me acting like a sail as I have no faring.
To remind myself why I bought my FZ1, I took his CBR for a spin. His bike is a weapon but I handed him his key back after about 15 minutes as my back and neck were killing me again. I forgot all about that feeling lol
Back on my bike again and I was home :)

Jeez! I missed this thread as well! That is an AWESOME looking shock and it's nice to know that you've got it sorted out now. :tup: I'm still hoping for a Father's Day Penske but I'm not counting on it. This year, we shouldn't be spending on toys. ;)

That N model and the color is da Bomb! You've got one of the sweetest naked out there. :yes:

Ah...was that you heading north around Berowra between 10 and 10:30? I was heading south......first ride after being deprived for 6 or 7 weeks!

PK1

Well, well well.... what a difference 2 clicks of rebound can make. I knew I should have waited until after today to comment about the shock.
I had another go at setting up my rear shock today on the Old Rd again and this time the bike /shock performed flawlessly.
I think I have finally found the perfect set-up for me.
Previously it was too hard, then I made it too soft and now I reckon it's just right.
I have it 9 clicks out from full hard atm and it soaks up the bumps and allows you to really push the bike in, through and out of corners, I'm loving it.
My mate on his 08 CBR1000RR and myself on my FZ1N had a blast chasing each other today through the twisties.
The FZ1 is more than a match for his CBR1000RR through the twisties as we both ride at a similar pace. Top end his bike walks away mainly due to me acting like a sail as I have no faring.
To remind myself why I bought my FZ1, I took his CBR for a spin. His bike is a weapon but I handed him his key back after about 15 minutes as my back and neck were killing me again. I forgot all about that feeling lol
Back on my bike again and I was home :)

Back