November 7th PA/NJ Group Ride Anyone?

Update...This is now a PA/NJ Group Ride for Sunday the 7th if anyone is interested.

Group Ride!!! PA/NJ riders welcome! Nov. 7, 2010, Sunday.

Last edited:
Hey Brian didn't know you had gotten a race bike again! (Did I miss your post on it???) Well either way that is a nice race bike you got there bud. Have fun :tup:

Hey guys. I haven't decided completely yet about the track day, but I got the $200 Kevin from Yamaha promised me at NJMP, and figured I'd get out on the track on them!

Those pics are of my CBR1000RR before the accident. I'd be using the FZ1 for the track day to see how it handles when pushed a bit harder.

Michelle (Wifey) is even considering doing the track day on her Ninjette! I said I'd enter the beginners group if she goes to sit through classes with her and ride around, then leave her when the pace picks up as the day progresses in the beginneer class. After all, it will be the first and only trip to the track with the FZ1, and I need to keep her healthy.

I figure with the ground clearance issues on the FZ1, the Beg. class (group 1) will be fine.

So Billy, can you make it down either way for a ride or visit at least? How about you, Tony? I'd always consider going for a ride instead of the track day if you all want to meet up, but you'd have to come closer to me.

I also have $350 in credit with NESBA since I just bought the FZ1 as a leftover in April.

Hey Brian I might be able to do some riding on Sunday the 7th, but not sure yet. Obviously a lot would depend on the weather that day...

Sounds great Tony. Did you have an area in mind or would you want to wait til the weekend of the 7th gets closer?

Billy, where are you on this?

I think I might be up for a ride. I asked the wife if she would want in but It will prolly be just me. I could come up a bit for a ride. And a Sunday is good.:Rockon:

Sounds great Tony. Did you have an area in mind or would you want to wait til the weekend of the 7th gets closer?

Billy, where are you on this?

I would really like to make the commute as easy as possible for me and Tony if we were to do this so that the day's ride won't be so unbearable. I'm thinking we can meet up somewhere across the bridge in PA off Route 78. I haven't yet spoken to Tony, so this is not set in stone. That Sunday, November 7th sounds good to me. It would be nice to see you, Michele, and Dave again.

I can get up there, too. I'll be sure to make the trip if we are all agreed to meeting there.

Earlzach, where are you located? I'll be heading up 476 as well. We could ride up together.

I'll be coming up from West Chester/KOP area.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this area and anywhere to ride around it?

I'll probably come alone without the Wifey for this one.

I'm totally agreeable if this works for all of us.

b

Hey Brian, Dave is on the Jersey Side off 95. I'm good if Tony is good with everything. Also, I don't need any advanced notice so when Tony says he can go, I'm going. Lets see how the weather will be for that weekend and we'll start to plan. I guess it's better if you or Dave keep track of the forecast for that weekend. I hope the weather will be decent.

Brian,
I would come over the Com Barry Bridge. to 476 n to NE to 78 so yes we can hook up for sure. I dont really know any areas. I know Media exit. It might be worth a phone number exchange so we can coordinate our meet up time rt on 476 near a certain exit without actually exiting. Just off the road.

Billy, It will be great to have you guys in on the ride.

Maybe we could ride the dutch country or something. As long as there is a lot of gas stations.
I have notified my friend who rides a warrior as to weather he may want to join I dont know yet.

Everything is set on my end. I am going to switch with a friend to get Monday off so that I can relax and enjoy the ride. Now I just need the weather to cooperate and also to hear from Tony. Even if he doesn't go I may go alone. I'm gonna look for some Dutch Country Roads.

Okay, I'm in for sure. I think this will be a great outing, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to line up a sitter for the midget. Wifey has to work so it will just be me, so I'm looking forward to meeting up with Earlzach on the way up.

Earlzach, I'll shoot over a PM with my number. Also, the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Tell your bud on the Warrior to come along!

Tony, where are you on this? Anyone else interested? Should we move this to the "Rides" section or "NorthEast" section of the forum instead of the Track section?

Okay, I'm in for sure. I think this will be a great outing, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to line up a sitter for the midget. Wifey has to work so it will just be me, so I'm looking forward to meeting up with Earlzach on the way up.

Earlzach, I'll shoot over a PM with my number. Also, the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Tell your bud on the Warrior to come along!

Tony, where are you on this? Anyone else interested? Should we move this to the "Rides" section or "NorthEast" section of the forum instead of the Track section?

I'm pretty sure I'm in, but have to be back in the early afternoon (2-3 PM) so if we get off to an early start it will be better for me. Maybe we can get SteveF to come along. I'll send him a PM since he's in Sayreville.

I'm pretty sure I'm in, but have to be back in the early afternoon (2-3 PM) so if we get off to an early start it will be better for me. Maybe we can get SteveF to come along. I'll send him a PM since he's in Sayreville.

I can meet you at the storage place in the morning. Just hope the weather is good. Let me know what time is good for you. You know me, I'm up early.

Looking forward to seeing you, Tony, but to be honest if I'm going to make a day of it and ride all the way up there to meet, I don't want to be confined by a time table or scheudle.

It would be a lot more enjoyable for me if we could eat lunch at some point and continue without a time conflict.

Can you adjust your plans at all? It will be a long ride for all of us just to meet up, so I'd hate to all get together and have to call it quits early.

Also, I'm not exactly a morning guy on Sundays, so to get my daughter to a sitter and then be there to ride and be home by 2-3pm really wouldn't work for me.

What can we do to work this out, or am I the only one seeing a potential problem?

I talked to my Friend and he might be in. He is checking on the Bday party date. He thinks its that same Sunday. Either way Im in. It will be nice to hook up with some new friends and some old pals for a day. Tony, Find a way to make it. It would be nice to Ride with you again for sure. I love playing catch up. lol:wilynily:

I checked on Mapquest and from Kearny, NJ to King Of Prussia will take us 1 hour and 47 minutes. So if we were to meet up in KOP by 10:00am, we could route out a large loop to take us through Amish Country North, any good routes West, South back towards Route 76, and finally East back to KOP. If we were back to KOP by 2:00pm, Tony would still be home by 3:45 to 4pm. Thats a solid 4 hour ride which adding in travel time would be more than enough for me. Your talking almost 7-1/2 hours of riding. Thats a marathon for me.

Tony and I can take 95 South to exit 6 and take 276 right into KOP. I would hope that maybe some PA guys on the forum may be able to set up a route based on what I have mentioned above. It's hard for me to look at a map and dicipher which roads are best. Let me know what you guys think. Me, I'm gonna have to dig out my Dickies Goosedown Overalls for this one. I want to be toasty warm!

Back