November 7th PA/NJ Group Ride Anyone?

Yeah, the only thing that would stop me at this point would be rain.

We could always meet somewhere closer to you guys North or East of KOP to ride together towards the areas I've heard to ride in.

I just interpreted that Tony wanted to be home somewhere between 2 and 3, not almost 4. If this works for him, I'm all for it as you know me and I always feel the more the merrier!

Billy, I was also considering we'd stop for food and a little bench-racing along the way. I also don't really know the pace you guys ride at having met everyone but not covering any miles together. I'm sure whatever pace we choose will be fine for me. If anyone has a total distance they'd like to cover based on what they're used to handling, that would help me plan a route.

I have a contact at one of the local shops who told me Route 82 to Route 401 is good in both directions. Also, Rt. 282 has a nice park near it but it's really full of switchbacks that I don't mind but I've slipped on some gravel on it and had to make fast corrections, or should I say small inputs, so I don't recommend it for more than sightseeing.

I will go kiss his arse a bit and ask him for a bit more detail on the local roads. I'll also go out on amadirectlink to see what's listed for roads around this area we're looking at. I know exactly how to get to Rt 282, Rt 82 and such, and can lead everyone there.

I will take the lead on finding additional roads in the Amish/Lancaster area if interested being I'm the closest one to it geographically and should be able to find someone in the area with input on it. This is really starting to work out to be a great ride!

Dave, did you get my PM? This could turn out to be a lot of fun and a great opportunity for us to take some pics that will WIN the MBOM contest!

Did anyone post anything about this in the other sections on riding in this forum?

I just interpreted that Tony wanted to be home somewhere between 2 and 3, not almost 4. If this works for him, I'm all for it as you know me and I always feel the more the merrier!

Yeah, the same on my end. I was only making a suggestion considering the time needed to get back home. I haven't even discussed anything with Tony yet.

Also, yes! Me and Tony always stop for food. Lunch is definitely in the mix as well. Oh, and lets not forget my bathroom stops.....Hey! I'm getting old!!!:doh2:

I also changed the name of the thread. I can't believe that we only have one member in Eastern PA that wants to ride. I figured that the NESBA heading may throw some people off. Now its definitely a PA Group Ride.

Hi All !!
I haven't been on the board much lately but Tony had PM'd me to let me know about this ride. (Thanks Tony.) I'd like to join in. It'll be great to ride with Tony & Billy again and meet the rest of you.

If I'm reading this thread correctly the destination might be Lancaster but the concern is that it's a long trip for most of us and Tony would like to be back by the mid afternoon? Just a suggestion, the area East, West and North of New Hope, Pa, and Lambertville, NJ is pretty nice and it's a little more centralized for everyone. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Let's hope the weather cooperates.

Steve

Hi All !!
I haven't been on the board much lately but Tony had PM'd me to let me know about this ride. (Thanks Tony.) I'd like to join in. It'll be great to ride with Tony & Billy again and meet the rest of you.

If I'm reading this thread correctly the destination might be Lancaster but the concern is that it's a long trip for most of us and Tony would like to be back by the mid afternoon? Just a suggestion, the area East, West and North of New Hope, Pa, and Lambertville, NJ is pretty nice and it's a little more centralized for everyone. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Let's hope the weather cooperates.

Steve

Happy to hear from you Steve! Glad your going to make it. If the weather holds it should be a great "last" long ride of the season for us.

We are actually not going to be near Lancaster. It's more like King of Prussia and areas North of there. Lancaster is a bit too far for me after an almost 2 hour ride to make it to the meeting place.

We are still waiting to see if someone can find some good routes that put us in the Amish Country, (never been there), and points headed that way. If "Dutch Country" is nearer to Lancaster then we'll have to leave that ride for Spring. I was just throwing some suggestions out there but nothing is set in stone at this time.

Happy to hear from you Steve! Glad your going to make it. If the weather holds it should be a great "last" long ride of the season for us.

We are actually not going to be near Lancaster. It's more like King of Prussia and areas North of there. Lancaster is a bit too far for me after an almost 2 hour ride to make it to the meeting place.

We are still waiting to see if someone can find some good routes that put us in the Amish Country, (never been there), and points headed that way. If "Dutch Country" is nearer to Lancaster then we'll have to leave that ride for Spring. I was just throwing some suggestions out there but nothing is set in stone at this time.

This should be more of a season end get to gether ride. Just get us out for some riding, cut it up over lunch (bench racing).
As for a dutch country ride. we can do a spring trip for sure.
My pop really knows his way around there. Covered bridges and nice twisties.
Plus: He will be in front!! (Tony):gagged:lol

AS for this Sunday I am up for anything that gets me riding. See you guys then.

Brian once we get a Time to meet the others we need to set up our meet up time.
:Rockon:

Hi Billy
I thought Amish country (Dutch country) was Lancaster. I agree. Unless it gets unusually warm that's a bit too far for this time of year- at least for me.

I'll keep loggin in during the week to see what the plan is.

Steve

Hi Billy
I thought Amish country (Dutch country) was Lancaster. I agree. Unless it gets unusually warm that's a bit too far for this time of year- at least for me.

Steve

Actually you should just come out. It will be a good ride all the same. Nice season ending run for us kids.:thewave:

Hi Billy

Steve

I'm not too sure. From looking at some maps, Amish Country is found in more than one county. Lancaster County is pretty big. I'm just have to do some more looking today to see whats up.

Well Steve. I looked again and you may be right. Now I'm not sure what "country" I want to see! I just want to see a horse covered wagon or something to that effect. I'm just going to follow the leader and enjoy wherever we ride.

Would be tempted to try comming from Baltimore to make this, but being a recent transplant from florida, I really don't own the proper gear for long, cold ride. If a good ride ever gets organized for riding around PA when it's a bit warmer, I'm certainly up for it.

Ok, guys I've cleared my calendar for Sunday! No time constraints now (well I'd still like to be back by 5-6 PM). Looks like the temperature is going to be pretty cold so I'm not too keen on the idea of riding all the way out to King of Prussia. I thought the idea was to find a central spot that we could all meet at.

I like Steve's suggestion of New Hope/Lambertville area. Should be pretty central for all. Also I think my friend Vadim and possibly a friend of his (Gus) will be joining us. I will pass along more details to them once we have finalized this. Oh and I'll be riding the YZF1000 ;)

Ok, guys I've cleared my calendar for Sunday! No time constraints now (well I'd still like to be back by 5-6 PM). Looks like the temperature is going to be pretty cold so I'm not too keen on the idea of riding all the way out to King of Prussia. I thought the idea was to find a central spot that we could all meet at.

I like Steve's suggestion of New Hope/Lambertville area. Should be pretty central for all. Also I think my friend Vadim and possibly a friend of his (Gus) will be joining us. I will pass along more details to them once we have finalized this. Oh and I'll be riding the YZF1000 ;)

:tup: Nice

Back