***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Ok folks. we can get the week but we still need three more beds filled. This will be the 18th through the 26th which is actually $1050 for the week and $205 for the final night which is $1255 for the week. With 10 people, it is $132.50 each including their 5.5% tax on rooms. Really darned cheap for a bed and a garage for the whole week, eh?

Can we get three more confirms?

Ok folks. we can get the week but we still need three more beds filled. This will be the 18th through the 26th which is actually $1050 for the week and $205 for the final night which is $1255 for the week. With 10 people, it is $132.50 each including their 5.5% tax on rooms. Really darned cheap for a bed and a garage for the whole week, eh?

Can we get three more confirms?

I say go ahead Eric and book it. I am currently waiting to hear from TreeGuy and one other person. I don't see a problem with filling the last three spots. I'm totally pumped up for this trip. It's gonna be wild. I say go ahead and I'll send you the money this coming Thursday. Paypal if you want or whichever way is easy for you. If Paypal is good for you, PM me your ID. Thanks Eric.

One more thing... Once I purchase this, I will expect the money from each of you in the form of a certified bank check. If you want to use PayPal which is funded with a credit card, you'll also have to add the fee rate of 4%.

After confirmation and your payment is received, there are no refunds. It will be up to each of you to either appear or, find your own replacement for the week and obtain your money from them. Please do not enter into this vacation without acknowledgement of this stipulation. My cost will be fixed thus non-refundable because it is the same whether one or ten people go. I will not be responsible for finding your replacement. I will try and help if I can.

Thanks all!

One more thing... Once I purchase this, I will expect the money from each of you in the form of a certified bank check. If you want to use PayPal which is funded with a credit card, you'll also have to add the fee rate of 4%.

After confirmation and your payment is received, there are no refunds. It will be up to each of you to either appear or, find your own replacement for the week and obtain your money from them. Please do not enter into this vacation without acknowledgement of this stipulation. My cost will be fixed thus non-refundable because it is the same whether one or ten people go. I will not be responsible for finding your replacement. I will try and help if I can.

Thanks all!

Thanks Eric. I understand fully and me and David were talking about this exact scenario. I think we're all on the same page with you. Next Thursday I'll send you the Paypal payment.

This is exactly how the FZ6 riders have done it for the last two years and it has worked out great every time. Each year, one or two cannot make it and the troops rally to help that person out by finding another one to replace them.

Heck, if we get MORE than 12, we can expand to one of the other places and get two houses. :D Spread out a bit more and still about the same money! With 15 people, we can get two houses for $2000 plus another $500 for the extra night. That would be $175 per person and dropping should we get another 1 - 6 people.

Last edited:
Me and my Dad are IN! You will get my money and just as Billy said. I understand the forfit if for any reason I dont make it. That is just the only way to do it right.

So how many definite people do we have so far Eric? BTW, I can mail you a check if that's OK?

Hey Norm, we have 7 definite out of 10 for sure. I have one person pending his response to me via email and maybe one other. I am sure that we can have the last three filled with no problems. I believe Eric said that as long as the check is "Bank Certified" that it's okay.:Rockon:

Norm, we can just meet up and have a dinner and sort that out. ;)

Thanks people!

So, we have Norm, Tony, Billy, Earlzach, his Dad Harry, myself and my wife. There is 7 of them right there.

I'm in! However, you wont get a certified bank check from me. It'll have to be a money order. My bank wants an outrageous fee for a certified check (something like $12 last time I checked). I think you need to mention that the price will be about $58 higher per person if we don't get the 10.

Hey Norm, we have 7 definite out of 10 for sure. I have one person pending his response to me via email and maybe one other. I am sure that we can have the last three filled with no problems. I believe Eric said that as long as the check is "Bank Certified" that it's okay.:Rockon:

I'm in! However, you wont get a certified bank check from me. It'll have to be a money order. My bank wants an outrageous fee for a certified check (something like $12 last time I checked). I think you need to mention that the price will be about $58 higher per person if we don't get the 10.

I'll get the 10 Tony! :D I'm sure we can get around the certified check. I'm inclined to take a money order this far in advance anyway. Not there anyone here would be dishonest anyway, PLUS, if what is sent doesn't clear? Are you really going to still try and show up? :doh2: :D

So, I got one more! I have a friend in TN that wants to come. He's going to pay his share but he will not be there for the whole time, maybe 4 or 5 nights? He's an older guy and he's a Dragon Veteran plus he knows a lot of other great area roads and will make a great tour guide. He's on an SV650. Joe is in!

So we have 8 now and plenty of time to gather up more. :icon_beer:

I'll get the 10 Tony! :D I'm sure we can get around the certified check. I'm inclined to take a money order this far in advance anyway. Not there anyone here would be dishonest anyway, PLUS, if what is sent doesn't clear? Are you really going to still try and show up? :doh2: :D

So, I got one more! I have a friend in TN that wants to come. He's going to pay his share but he will not be there for the whole time, maybe 4 or 5 nights? He's an older guy and he's a Dragon Veteran plus he knows a lot of other great area roads and will make a great tour guide. He's on an SV650. Joe is in!

Good point about the check not clearing and then showing up :D. I also emailed another riding buddy of mine to see if he's interested. You're right, I am sure we'll get the 10...

Thats what I wanna hear! Eight down and two to go!! I'm waiting on Fred (Treeguy) to get back to me, and Tony is waiting on another guy. Even at 8, I'm willing to split the difference. Even at 175.00 dollars, you still wouldn't be able to find a better deal. I had tried before for just me and my son and they wanted $536.00 dollars!

I may extend this to a small handful of the FZ6 folks that are great people to have and ride with. I'm reserving that for later as I'd like to see more of this forum meet up. Many of us have never met and I already know we're going to have a FANTASTIC time! You're all a great bunch here on the forum.

I'm going to be working on some thoughts and concerns for us all and post them in the coming weeks. It'll be standard group fanfare just like all the events I have planned for the New England meets. No surprises and all "expected" stuff. One thing I'll be asking for is a PM from people with some basic information such as full name, cell numbers, emergency contacts for each of you, allergies, medical concerns, etc... That is a list I create and keep for the trip and is typically shared ONLY with my wife and one other person on the ride. As always, my first concern is for safety and should anything happen, I'll want to notify your family of the situation.

As for rides, there's plenty of roads, plenty of time and lots to see and do. We can plan on at least one large group ride and then people can also arrange smaller group rides, or, if you desire, exploring on your own. I'm not going to plan your vacation for you but I'll certainly provide you with all sorts of options and points of interest to keep you busy and riding. :D I'm only going to ask for one big group ride on one day.

What are your thoughts on meals, meal planning, cooks (I'm a pretty good one)? I'm thinking that a lot of breakfast stuff in the house would be a great start and maybe some meals for the evenings. Lunches can be had out and about at your own expense? Perhaps we make a list of everyone's favorite meals and how much you'd eat on a plate. Then we can tally the final list and go shopping in Robbinsville then split the costs after the stuff is bought. Another option is buying and labeling your own groceries as I'm sure everyone will respect the other's stuff without issue. :D

All food for thought and very open to suggestions. Talk it up guys! Let me know what your *must see's* are, places you'd like to see, etc....

We'll have plenty of people with a GPS so breakout group riding will be easy. If people have several routes planned and entered, people without a GPS can ride with any of the routes going on that day.

Let's hear all your ideas. Share your thoughts and we can make this a very fun filled week! :tup:

Last edited:
I may extend this to a small handful of the FZ6 folks that are great people to have and ride with. I'm reserving that for later as I'd like to see more of this forum meet up. Many of us have never met and I already know we're going to have a FANTASTIC time! You're all a great bunch here on the forum.

I'm going to be working on some thoughts and concerns for us all and post them in the coming weeks. It'll be standard group fanfare just like all the events I have planned for the New England meets. No surprises and all "expected" stuff. One thing I'll be asking for is a PM from people with some basic information such as full name, cell numbers, emergency contacts for each of you, allergies, medical concerns, etc... That is a list I create and keep for the trip and is typically shared ONLY with my wife and one other person on the ride. As always, my first concern is for safety and should anything happen, I'll want to notify your family of the situation.

As for rides, there's plenty of roads, plenty of time and lots to see and do. We can plan on at least one large group ride and then people can also arrange smaller group rides, or, if you desire, exploring on your own. I'm not going to plan your vacation for you but I'll certainly provide you with all sorts of options and points of interest to keep you busy and riding. :D I'm only going to ask for one big group ride on one day.

What are your thoughts on meals, meal planning, cooks (I'm a pretty good one)? I'm thinking that a lot of breakfast stuff in the house would be a great start and maybe some meals for the evenings. Lunches can be had out and about at your own expense? Perhaps we make a list of everyone's favorite meals and how much you'd eat on a plate. Then we can tally the final list and go shopping in Robbinsville then split the costs after the stuff is bought. Another option is buying and labeling your own groceries as I'm sure everyone will respect the other's stuff without issue. :D

All food for thought and very open to suggestions. Talk it up guys! Let me know what your *must see's* are, places you'd like to see, etc....

We'll have plenty of people with a GPS so breakout group riding will be easy. If people have several routes planned and entered, people without a GPS can ride with any of the routes going on that day.

Let's hear all your ideas. Share your thoughts and we can make this a very fun filled week! :tup:

I loved the idea of chipping in the extra 50 or so dollars in order to do breakfast and dinner for the week and having lunch out on the road. It would make things so much easier and organized. As for the group ride, I think we should do at least more than one. As Eric said, we have plenty of time to splinter off on smaller groups for guys that enjoy a different pace than others. I'm certainly not looking to come home with another citation but I am definitely not going to come back without at least a couple of spirited sprints on the Dragon. The GoPro is coming with me and I'd love to get some nice video which may have to last me for a while. Lord only knows when I'll be able to get back there again.
I'm also definitely looking forward to making good use of the ping-pong table! A FZ1-Forum Ping-Pong Tournament?????? Anyone??? I also believe that Aaron (VA Rider) is going to maybe meet up to run another route that he knows of. That will be great.
All in all I'm looking for a enjoyable, safe, and incident free week for all members. I think we have some awesome individuals here and we're definitely all going to have a great time.
So far everyone I have met in person from this forum has turned out to be a great person. When I first met Tony, it was as if we were friends all along. The same held true to Steve F, Fred, and Josh. The only difference was that we were not typing to each other. I believe the same will hold true for Eric, his wife, Norm, and anyone else who joins us.
It's amazing how you can become great friends by just chatting everyday on the board. I for one hope that this will be the first of many trips for us here on the forum.:hug:

I like you already Billy! You're right about the online thing. When I met Eric and his wife I felt like we had known each other for years.

I am thinking of bringing my Tuba. So I can practice each night
:yes:

Wouldnt that be a treat? lol
I cant wait. I wanted to hook the trailer up today:flash:

Back