***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Hey just a heads up, but I believe TheWolfTamer and I are going to camp in a local campground (were sort of testing the water for future stuff). Still hope to sneak in and say hello to everyone (Friday the 17th ) if we get up there early enough. Well I am sure She will, but I may be showing up late, we will see. And if like minds think a like we hope to spend Saturday out and about with your group. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a successful riders weekend.

Hey just a heads up, but I believe TheWolfTamer and I are going to camp in a local campground (were sort of testing the water for future stuff). Still hope to sneak in and say hello to everyone (Friday the 17th ) if we get up there early enough. Well I am sure She will, but I may be showing up late, we will see. And if like minds think a like we hope to spend Saturday out and about with your group. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a successful riders weekend.

I don't think most of us will arrive until late on Saturday the 18th. First day of riding for us will be Sunday the 19th.

We are now ready to go. My pop came over today and we fit the wheel chocks on the trailer and did a dry run for fitment. Things are AOK!! Come on trip.
100_4356.jpg

100_4358.jpg

100_4359.jpg

100_4363.jpg

Yea, Dave looks like you and your dad are all set! What did you guys use for ramps? Or did you just tilt the back of the trailer down to load them?

Yea, Dave looks like you and your dad are all set! What did you guys use for ramps? Or did you just tilt the back of the trailer down to load them?

Look closer at the two side rails in the last picture. you will find two ramps the ride on the sides.
Also in the first picture you can see one in use at the end of the trailer.

We are now ready to go. My pop came over today and we fit the wheel chocks on the trailer and did a dry run for fitment. Things are AOK!! Come on trip.

Looking pretty good there. I do have a couple of suggestions.
1. Don't tie to your grips, you will ruin them. Go to Wal Mart or bike shop and get the cinch straps that loop over your handle bars. (you will be happy you did)
4S-Loop.jpg

2. Consider getting some ratcheting straps that have hooks with a keeper so they will not unhook them selves if you hit a bump.
0000-Powertye-1-5-Soft-Tye-Tie-Down-with-Safety-Latch-Hooks.jpg

I use the ones just like you, but I got some of those cheap little D clip things to go on the ends, (safe and secure till you undo them).
31OKA8%2BYn2L._SL500_SS90_.jpg

3. Put a mounting point behind each bike (somehow) and run a bungee cord around the back wheel to keep the bikes from coming together, or bouncing around and hitting the trailer.
d-ring.jpg

I may be up for the ride up Friday and ride Saturday if you go. I am in Atlanta also. If not, I'd like to ride up Saturday and ride Sunday the 18th with the group.

I'm trying to convince Cruzman to go to work a little late on Monday. Okay, a lot late. Ride up extremely early Saturday, ride a little bit. Ride with you guys on Sunday, go home a Monday.

I may even have a longish route in mind. Anybody heard of 19w?

Since I can't convince Cruzman to go to work late on Monday, We're keeping our old plans.

C Ingram, we are planning on staying at Cheoah Pt Campground. I'm going up very early on Friday, Cruzman will be up Friday afternoon/evening.

The route I want to do Saturday is about 375+ Miles from Cheoah Pt Campground through Deals Gap, Little River Rd though Great Smoky Mtn Park, BRP on to Hot Springs, 19W back to BRP to Hwy 28 Back to Camp.
attachment.php

Image shows route starting and ending @ Deal's Gap Resort

Shoot me a pm if you decide to come up on Friday. We're gonna hit 28 and the Dragon about 10mins after Cruzman shows up.

Last edited:
I'll post this here.

For Sale Craftsman Motorcycle lift LIKE NEW condition Retail $100.00.
Will sell to anyone on this trip to Deals for $50.00 we will bring it with us if anyone wants it..

Just let me know.

Is that the one that slide under the side of the bike and pumps up? If so I'll take it for 50 bucks!

Yep. Some items havent even been unwrapped yet its that new.
And it yours. I just have to remember to bring it lol.

My wife and I are planing on a weekend perhaps in Oct or early Nov to come up to NY to ride with you. We'll plan early enough to let Tony and whoever make it out as well. It will be a great day trip for us.
We will trailer up and ride then trailer home. Looking forword to this.

Back