***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

every time i look at this thread i get so jealous that i couldnt go down there. the dragon is something i have on my bucket list. maybe next year.

That looks to be correct. Looks like 7 beds total there. Harry and David have a room with 2 beds, Me, Tony, and Vadim have the room with 3 beds, then the 6th and 7th person have the last room with 2 beds, leaving I believe the sofa. Here is the page showing the rooms.
Tail of the Dragon Vacation Rentals near Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap

I believe Joes only concern is that we figured since we know each other and so forth that rather than split the last room with two beds we would take that rather than having one of us in a room with someone we do not know. Makes no real difference to me as long as I have a bed. But be warned that I snore ( so I have been told ).:disturbed

1-Billy
2-Tony
3-Vadim
4-David
5-Harry
6-Joe (Crazy Joe)
7-Kevin (Crazy Joe's Friend)
8-Joe (Currently) Eric's Friend

Okay,
I am just curious as to what people will be riding for this event. I know this is an FZ1 forum but that does not mean that is what everyone is riding and their riding style. I'll start and for the record I am stating what I feel my riding style is/ what others have told me.

1-Billy
2-Tony
3-Vadim
4-David
5-Harry

6-Joe (Crazy Joe)- FZ1 ( Gen 1)-- Crazy fast :disturbed
7-Kevin (Crazy Joe's Friend)- CBR1100XX-- Medium pace/ been told fast:Liar:

I know this does not really matter to many, I am just trying to figure if we will be getting to ride together a fair amount. You know encase we want to hang with you all or do our own thang :)

Okay,
I am just curious as to what people will be riding for this event. I know this is an FZ1 forum but that does not mean that is what everyone is riding and their riding style. I'll start and for the record I am stating what I feel my riding style is/ what others have told me.

1-Billy - 01 FZ1
2-Tony - 06 FZ1 (was going to bring the '97 YZF1000 instead, but haven't had a chance to get the carburetion spot on)
3-Vadim - 05 FJR1300
4-David - 09(?) V-Max
5-Harry
- Not sure, but it's a cruiser
6-Joe (Crazy Joe)- FZ1 ( Gen 1)-- Crazy fast :disturbed
7-Kevin (Crazy Joe's Friend)- CBR1100XX-- Medium pace/ been told fast:Liar:

I know this does not really matter to many, I am just trying to figure if we will be getting to ride together a fair amount. You know encase we want to hang with you all or do our own thang :)

Well I am sure that there will be people riding at different paces so group rides may not happen all that often. This will be my first time down there on those unfamiliar roads so I will not be pushing it very hard. Now if I was to bring the YZF1000 with the BT-016 tires and the Ohlins suspension it might be a different story ;)

Well I am sure that there will be people riding at different paces so group rides may not happen all that often. This will be my first time down there on those unfamiliar roads so I will not be pushing it very hard. Now if I was to bring the YZF1000 with the BT-016 tires and the Ohlins suspension it might be a different story ;)

We generally ride the "Pace" but usually ride with folks of different speeds and we don't run off from anyone. We totally support everyone riding at their own pace. However, Kevin and I are only there for the twisties and will probably not do any scenic type riding unless my old bod gets wore out. :)

I think you should bring your air mattress for your back. The garage isn't air conditioned -- I don't think.

What you trying to say old man, what you think I am sleeping in the garage:flip:

I am not worried either way seriously though. I am sure we will figure this out somehow. Besides the way that I count it, I am still in the house it is just a matter of whether I am on the sofa sleeper or in the room with the other Joe that I have not yet met.:sinister:

What you trying to say old man, what you think I am sleeping in the garage:flip:

I am not worried either way seriously though. I am sure we will figure this out somehow. Besides the way that I count it, I am still in the house it is just a matter of whether I am on the sofa sleeper or in the room with the other Joe that I have not yet met.:sinister:

I know you aren't in the garage --- I was just thinking that it would probably be a good idea for your back in case the beds are crap. I'm also hoping that some others show up for a couple of nights (Tommy said he might) and maybe Scotty and they might like the mattress also.

Aren't you suppose to be working?? :) Do you think you will want to do any scenic riding?

Its all scenic to me, I see the turn go this way and then that way and then I find another road that repeats.:yes:

I am on break, so get off my case or they will start getting the wrong idea about us.

Funny about the PACE since I agree that this is how we ride, but your pace is a little bit faster than mine:disturbed

I know you aren't in the garage --- I was just thinking that it would probably be a good idea for your back in case the beds are crap. I'm also hoping that some others show up for a couple of nights (Tommy said he might) and maybe Scotty and they might like the mattress also.

I was gonna see about Knute, what do you think?

I was gonna see about Knute, what do you think?

Knute would be great to have along. I'm gonna e-mail the Hooligan and Shawn and some of the other guys we ride with in the other FZ1 group and see if they want to come up also. You know me --- I would love to have some others leading the rides sometimes.

Knute would be great to have along. I'm gonna e-mail the Hooligan and Shawn and some of the other guys we ride with in the other FZ1 group and see if they want to come up also. You know me --- I would love to have some others leading the rides sometimes.

I will check with Knute, he may be able to swing a day.

Someone tried to steal Scotty's bike at the gap and Scotty jerked him off the bike and called the cops. Problem was , they didn't charge the kid because he didn't get to start the bike. This sucks to me cause you can get a DUI for just having your keys in the ignition. Stupid, huh?

Back