O'Neal Element Fastrack Bluetooth Helmet

I will try to take some pic's tomorrow of the wire I tied into - I tested for a wire that was only hot when the key was on that way the plug is dead when the key is out of the bike - for the ground there is a screw that screws into the frame that I tied into so the hot wire is the only one you need to splice.

I was unable to get to this today, I will for sure get you the wire I tapped into tomorrow, I even have it on my list of todo's :D

Sorry for the delay..

Greetings guys! I picked up my Fastrack helmet over the weekend and tested it out.
The bluetooth worked awesome, the fit is good, and ease of use is a plus. Just 1 down fall is the volume with the phone only. It for some reason will not increas as much as the music. I picked up an iGrip mount from Crackberry.com to mount my BB Storm to use the VZ Navigator and music apps. It has an extra large suction cup and is tall enough to mount on the tank just under the handle bars for a clean view and no modifications. Maybe to night I'll get to mounting the 12v marine outlet I picked up.

mbnwa, no worries. I can fined power somwere in there.

Greetings guys! I picked up my Fastrack helmet over the weekend and tested it out.
The bluetooth worked awesome, the fit is good, and ease of use is a plus. Just 1 down fall is the volume with the phone only. It for some reason will not increas as much as the music.

I am tempted to call the manufactuerer about this. I hear my music no problem but after using this for several weeks now you might as well forget using the phone above 40mph. Maybe it is better not to. I can at least hear it ring and I can pull over to see if it is an emergency.

The good news is that even with music on full blast I can hear traffic and engine noise just fine still. It does not make you oblivious to all the audible queues you listen for around you.

I was thinkin the same thing about calls. It just may be a good thing. Being on a call does seem to take some concentration and may take your mind off the road, while with the tunes you can always rewind.

I might be going on a trip in June thats about 19hrs long and was wondering if this helmet is worth it or should i just put in a pair of ear buds. I like the idea of being able to hear that you are being called. Also has it been tried with a touring windscreen installed on the bike or would that not even matter all that much? Thanks for any help:Rockon:

I think the windscreen would help a bit, but not 100%. It is nice not fighting with earbuds and wires.

mbnwa, I have the 12v outlet mounted and I looked at the wiring schematics in my repair manual. I am just goin to splice into the 12v power feeding the horn switch and to ground to keep everything close. I also thought that if it ever did short out that all I would loose is the horn and turn signals.
Thanks again for the help everyone.......now back to the 100 - 150 hp setting thread.

Doug

Sorry for not posting those pics the crappy thing about work is well it gets busy at the worst times -- None the less glad you got your plug hot and installed

Next time I do get around to taking the front of the bike apart I will take the pics anyway just for future ref for anyone looking to do the same thing.

Back