Oops...

drop_it_like_its_hot.png

you ok?

Last edited:
Now that you got that over and done with, you can quit worrying about getting scratches on it. That kind of mud is hard to find a good tire for, so just best to stay off of it.

Good to see you had a camera handy. :)

Last edited:
I love rhis bike! The garden hose fixed everything. From what I can tell NOTHING is broken. MG very much designed the bike to fall over.

I did twist my ankle again, the same one I'd injured this summer skateboarding. 1) 1

I figured out what I did.

1) I traveled down the western facing side of the trail, Oklahoma red sand/clay stuff, loose but dry.

2) On the way back I traveled down the east facing side of the trail, firm until...

3) Front wheel became "pinned/sucked into" the side of the trail, it about 18" tall.

4) Rear end came around

5) Bike driven up the side of the trail, I bailed, bike falls on ankle and rotates on my ankle.

6) Everything stops, key off the bike and I hope I can get my foot out from under the bike.

7) Ugh, this "Adventure" stuff is more work than it appears to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So two questions for you experience off-road riders.

1) What is a good pair of boots for a narrow foot? I assume Sidi or A*'s.

2) What ADV helmet do you recommend? I've been in Shoei's for 30 years, they simply fit my head and have saved my bacon twice.

Okay, three questions...

3) Any ADV riding books you recommend?

Yes I know I should have bought a WR250R...but it's a Moto Guzzi!

Wait... what? When did I miss the Moto Guzzi introduction?

Looks like a lot of fun! I'd look into some knobby tires for off-roading though!

Glad you're *mostly* OK.

I bought "The Essential Guide to Dual Sport Motorcycling." As far as I know it is the only book specifically on the topic.
The Essential Guide to Dual Sport Motorcycling: Carl Adams: 9781884313714: Amazon.com: Books

"This book is written to help adventuresome motorcyclists buy, ride, and enjoy dual sport motorcycles, those versatile machines that are equally at home on the street and in the dirt. It is organized into four sections covering motorcycle selection, setup, riding technique, and specialized activities such as off-road touring and rallies. Several chapters include exercises designed to improve riding and impart new skills. Over 250 full-color photographs illustrate the many options for gear, clothing, and aftermarket accessories which can add comfort, safety, and convenience to any motorcycle adventure. The book also contains many references and sources to orient enthusiasts to the sometimes overwhelming sea of information that is available. New riders will benefit from the clear explanations of dual sport gear, accessories, and techniques, while experienced riders coming to dual sport from a street riding background will find chapters covering advanced dirt riding skills, GPS navigation, and preparing for multi-day trips. Riders at all levels will gain a broader perspective of the dual sport experience, from which they can begin their journey to new motorcycle adventures."

Last edited:
This

So two questions for you experience off-road riders.

1) What is a good pair of boots for a narrow foot? I assume Sidi or A*'s.

Alpinestar Tech 8 or 10

2) What ADV helmet do you recommend? I've been in Shoei's for 30 years, they simply fit my head and have saved my bacon twice.

Shoei Hornet, I love mine, but buy extra visor screws or replace with aluminum ones.

Okay, three questions...

Seat time is the best thing, but dualsportridingtechnics.com helped.

Yes I know I should have bought a WR250R...but it's a Moto Guzzi!

Ride what you have, great bike, just learn your limits on it then go further. :smoking:

Shoei Hornet;

Or this: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/fly-trekker-helmet/

oldschool-albums-backroad-playthings-picture4003-helmet-right.jpg

Good DVD,

Link: http://www.dualsportriding.com/products/dualsport-riding-techniques-dvd

Last edited:
Thanks again Brad.

Eric I got the bike about 2 months ago. Pretty good sized thread on it. In the bar I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ouch, glad the bike is ok, sorry to hear about your ankle. Get well soon!
As I got myself now also a new bike suitable for offroad riding, I'm already looking for a more firm boot eg the SIDI Adventure

Back