Our Michigan trip with pics...

It looks like you had a great trip, one that you'll remember for a long time. I like to take a bunch of the best pictures from a trip and a few memorable comments and put them together on a single page to commerate a trip. Something I can frame as a momento of the trip.

Great shots. Sorry to hear about the Border Guards. I had the exact opposite experience going from Alaska to Canada in 05. The Candian made me wait while she talked to the other guy and put on a bullet proof vest (for the assault rifle I had hid in my saddlebags). The guys coming back in were super friendly. I found the regular Canadian citizens really friendly and I had a great trip.

Nice shots Eric. Looks like you and your wife had a fantastic ride.
On your wife's FZ6, this model is known here in Europe as the new XJ6 Diversion. I do love the full fairing and colourscheme. Is that custom made?

2009 Yamaha XJ6 Diversion ABS

Thanks! It was a perfect trip and we couldn't have asked for a better ride and weather.

Her bike is the U.S. model of the XJ6. In the U.S. they called it the FZ6R and added the full fairings. This replaced the FZ6 for 2010 here as the regular 6 will no longer be offered (also in Canada). Thus, this is a factory Yamaha bike and graphics. We named the bike "Army of One" because it seems to fit the commercials. :tup:

Thanks again all! I tried in vain to get the shots from the other camera but nothing will work. So, in a bit of frustration, I destroyed the camera so I'd never use it again and lose shots. I put it through the metal blade on my chop saw. :D

Thanks again all! I tried in vain to get the shots from the other camera but nothing will work. So, in a bit of frustration, I destroyed the camera so I'd never use it again and lose shots. I put it through the metal blade on my chop saw. :D

That's seams a bit cruel and unusual but your right to do so. My question is how does those Scala work? I'm contemplating to purchase the Scala Rider G4 for group rider... what's your take on that? Would your recommend it over it contender, the Chatterbox?

P.S. I might hit Deals Gap a bit early in the season, at the end of May, just in case I'll be there in the same period as you guys, I'd love to meet you and your wife. Keep in touch.

Last edited:
Great pics! I went to Mackinac Island on a tour trip when I was smaller and we stopped and stayed the night in Frankenmuth on the way back. What a cool place! I love the happy Bavarian music playing as you walk down the street. I've been planning to take the wife back but haven't had a chace to. I'll have to show her your pictures!

Thanks again guys! I'm still angry with the loss of the rest of the pics. There were some really good money shots in that card.

I guess I'll have to redo the trip and see if I can get even better shots? :tup:

Back