Pennsylvania Ride Thread

Just starting my thread now while I'm at work and it's slow. I drove over to NJMP in Millville to give blood and get my tickets for the AMA Races in Sept. Richie and I trailered the bike with us and met up with Brian (Blavenia) and his wife and daughter, to do a little riding around PA.

Well, it grew into a pretty ride on Sunday with about 12 to 14 bikes. We had an absolute blast! Pennsylvania is breathtakingly beautiful this time of year and the weather was perfect both Saturday and Sunday.

I will post some pictures later.

Good times Billy!

Was the bike cooperative and behaving itself?

Thanks Aaron. Yes, the bike ran great, not one hiccup. It was definitely liking those PA roads for sure! I have to ask Brian what he thought of it. He took it for a spin before we left to head back home. She's an "old dog" but still has some "bark" in her.

Yeah Brian, please feel free to post anything you got from the weekend here. Hey! FACECAM worked GREAT!!! I'll try and get you the files as soon as possible. I still have an ear to ear grin from this past weekend that I can't get off!:cheers:

It was great catching up again and also getting to meet everyone who was there for the Sunday ride. I always forget to take pictures, so I am looking forward to see what you post.

Thanks for the invite!

Ordered the aftermarket subframe 3-4 weeks out it will be custom built. That is a bummer this time of year, but they gaurantee that it will be stronger then the oem mono tail that failed.

Last edited:
It was great catching up again and also getting to meet everyone who was there for the Sunday ride. I always forget to take pictures, so I am looking forward to see what you post.

Thanks for the invite!

Ordered the aftermarket subframe 3-4 weeks out it will be custom built. That is a bummer this time of year, but they gaurantee that it will be stronger then the oem mono tail that failed.

It was our pleasure Pete! It was great seeing you and Johnny again. I'm so glad that Carrie came along with you. So sorry that it took so long to find a restroom. We all felt terrible for her. I will get pics up later on today.

Happy that you got the subframe ordered. I felt terrible about that. We were really looking to have you in there for Saturday too!

Okay, pictures first.....Videos later.

Pulled into NJMP by 9:15AM to give blood and get the tickets.
IMG_3655.jpg

The Yamahauler performed great and turned a lot of heads.
IMG_3656.jpg

Both Richie and I struck out with giving blood. Me, pressure too high, and Richie they couldn't find a vein. We got the tickets anyway just for making the trip out. Very nice!

IMG_3657.jpg

After Brian and Michele were done with the "blood thing" we followed them home to PA.
IMG_3660.jpg

Looked like a nice 57' Crown Vic rolling through "Anytown USA". I love PA!
IMG_3664.jpg

Arrived early enough for an afternoon ride on Saturday. Gonna meet Pete first up north a ways.
IMG_3665.jpg

Brian and Michele were gracious enough to let Richie use Michele's Ninja 250R for the duration of the weekend. He was estatic!
IMG_3666.jpg

Michele's Brutale. Yes, its awesome!
IMG_3667.jpg

Richie gearing up. Brian even lent him the matching Kawi jacket.
IMG_3669.jpg

Brian's daughter Lexi getting geared up on the FZ1.
IMG_3670.jpg

Michele ready to roll.
IMG_3671.jpg

We took the back roads to King Of Prussia to meet up with Peter1968 and his Ducati 999. Unfortunately Brian noticed a problem with the bike when Pete rolled up.
IMG_3672.jpg

The rear subframe had cracked in two so Pete wasn't going anywhere. That sucked!
IMG_3674.jpg

We managed to remove the tail section so he could get it onto the pickup and get it home. Sorry Pete.:ugh:
IMG_3675.jpg

This Superbike was going home....
IMG_3676.jpg

We headed over to Chilies minus Pete for some grub.
IMG_3678.jpg

We rode back to Brian's and Michele was nice enough to clean everyone's lid.
IMG_3679.jpg

Sunday Morning and bikes started arriving for the big ride. We'd be covering 3 States, PA, MD, and Delaware.
IMG_3681.jpg

Derrick's Street Triple all "Cafed" out. Sweet!!
IMG_3682.jpg

Rider's Meeting in Brian's house before heading out.
IMG_3684.jpg

Now this was a NICE group start with. We still had to meet up with Johnny, Pete, and Carrie. I know I'm spelling her name wrong and I'm sorry.
IMG_3685.jpg

First stop was CycleMax in Honeybrook PA to meet up with the others.
IMG_3686.jpg

Pete and Carri came out with the Bonneville. What a nice looking....and Sounding ride!
IMG_3689.jpg

One of many "gas stops" for Dave and his gas guzzling VMax! Dave (Earlzach), Richie, and none other than our "Cosmic Avenger" himself, Johnny on the Rocks!!!
IMG_3690.jpg

After 3/4 of our ride complete, we all stopped for some grub at Outback. Don't ask me what town cause I don't know where we were.
IMG_3691.jpg

The Outback Group. The others opted for another restaurant.
IMG_3693.jpg

Dave is gonna get a little surprise in a moment....
IMG_3694.jpg

Thats right! It was Dave's birthday and we made sure he knew it!
IMG_3695.jpg

Blow it out buddy so we can get back on those beautiful roads!
IMG_3696.jpg

Richie couldn't get enough of that Ninja and was always the first to be ready!
IMG_3697.jpg

Johnny getting ready for the last leg of our ride.
IMG_3698.jpg

Back after a great day of riding with some great people.
IMG_3699.jpg

Brian wasn't letting me out of there without a spin on the YZF. It was the least I could do after all the graciousness and hospitality he and his family showed me and Richie.
IMG_3700.jpg

Following Dave back over the Delaware Memorial Bridge to stop by his house to say hello to my extended family.
IMG_3710.jpg

Here's the newest member of the household, Tucker, his Irish Springer.
IMG_3711.jpg

What can be cuter than a boy and his dog!
IMG_3713.jpg

So in closing, I'd like to thank Brian, Michele, and Lexi for letting us stay over. I hope that Richie and I weren't too much of a bother. Also, thanks for a awesome ride through insanely nice roads. Brian set it up perfectly. I think we wound up with 13 riders in total and everyone rode safely and made it home okay. It was great seeing everyone and I can't wait for September when I have a full week to enjoy those very same roads!!

Last edited:
Awesome! Was Richie nervous at all? How long has it been since he rode?

It was great Brad. It's been a year for him but after Saturday's short primer, he was "back in the saddle" as they say. He rode very respectfully and handled all the roads very well. Much of that was due to Brians choice of roads for the trip. He knew there would be women and children along so made it fun for all. I will have Richie's vids up as well. He was using my old GoPro on his bike and took all his own video.

It was great Brad. It's been a year for him but after Saturday's short primer, he was "back in the saddle" as they say. He rode very respectfully and handled all the roads very well. Much of that was due to Brians choice of roads for the trip. He knew there would be women and children along so made it fun for all. I will have Richie's vids up as well. He was using my old GoPro on his bike and took all his own video.

Awesome! I am glad he was able to get on his own wheels. Has the weekend reignited his passion?

Awesome! I am glad he was able to get on his own wheels. Has the weekend reignited his passion?

I'm afraid so! He's already looking for another ride probably by next "tax time". It didn't take much. What he doesn't realize is that the roads we were riding out there would make anyone want a bike. New York is a different story!

Great pictures guys.

I had a great time on the ride. Catching up with friends from the newest ones to the ones we consider like family. I am greatful to get to be part of these events with you guys and gals.

Miles appart in life but just around the corner when a brother calls.

Not over this ride and already looking forward to the next.

It was nice to meet a ride with new people as well.

Brian you have a very nice family it was great to have them out with us.

Ritchie was very impressive on the Ninja for having very little seat time. Great Job.

Great pictures guys.

I had a great time on the ride. Catching up with friends from the newest ones to the ones we consider like family. I am greatful to get to be part of these events with you guys and gals.

Miles appart in life but just around the corner when a brother calls.

Not over this ride and already looking forward to the next.

It was nice to meet a ride with new people as well.

Brian you have a very nice family it was great to have them out with us.

Ritchie was very impressive on the Ninja for having very little seat time. Great Job.

Thanks brother! We had a blast as well. We will get some more of those in this year for sure. Next time we can do Pete's road up North for a little more "spirited" ride. You like those, don't you?!:evillaugh:

I had a great time meeting Brian and his family as well as meeting Richie for the first time. I've been nursing a bee sting that I received on my way home. The little bastard got me right in the throat :( . Look forward to possiblly getting you guys to come a little further North.

Back