Pyro's Twisted Texas Tour '12

It would be great if they get reception out there. My sprint phone is out of signal somewhere southwest of Comfort....I asked someone in Leakey one time and I think they said only one provider works in the area, although I'm not sure if that is correct.

AT&T is the only provider in the region. Medina is about the limit for most providers and that includes Sprint.

Well it's almost Friday and I just thought I would start talking about final plans:
I am coming rain or shine because with the Texas weather - 20 to 30% chance is a chance worth taking.
I am going to leave Brownwood about 7 or 8am and drive in through San Marcos. I have to go by the college and pick up some things. It should be a short stop. That will put me about 25 miles from Lockhart. :D I used to drive that drive at least once a week when I lived in San Marcos. Man I have missed that area and I have really missed the BBQ.
LOL
And I learned my lesson on the Arkansas trip! PACK THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Last edited:
I live in NE SA, we have a going away party for my brother on Sat. so I could be extremely Hung over and if that's the case I will not ride. but
Id like to meet up w u guys some where.

I live in NE SA, we have a going away party for my brother on Sat. so I could be extremely Hung over and if that's the case I will not ride. but
Id like to meet up w u guys some where.

As I understand it, most of the ride is going to di di Oh Two Early to start the return journey.

I have no need to be up and out early and will have a leisurely Sunday morning and will be going to Church in Camp Wood. As it stands now, I probably won't light the fires much before noon.

If......you want to be in Camp Wood by noon, we could do 335, 336 and then out to Medina on 337.

.... so, THIS is that "other board" :D

Actually, I've been registered on this board since 2010, yet this is only my second post. I'll have to work on that post count.

Anyway, I just checked with the Hill Country Motel & room #6 still has my name on it for Saturday. I'm still waiting on the tire to get in, so it might be an issue for Saturday am meeting in Boerne. If that's the case, I'll just have to work out attempting an intercept along the Saturday route.

See y'all sometime on Saturday!

I am loaded and ready to go.
10119d1334276439-pyros-twisted-texas-tour-12-dsc03802.jpg

Packed, lubed, fed, ready to hit the road! Now where are those cigars...?

Packing very light - seems like too light for some reason, but maybe I'm just getting more efficient.

Dreaming of the purity of the road, the growl of the beast, the orchestra of the ride!

Packed, lubed, fed, ready to hit the road! Now where are those cigars...?

Packing very light - seems like too light for some reason, but maybe I'm just getting more efficient.

Dreaming of the purity of the road, the growl of the beast, the orchestra of the ride!

I am not light because of all my rain gear and rain covers for the bags. Plus I am bringing a pair of tennis shoes so I can run Saturday and Monday morning.

Although my bags are not totally full. I think with my current setup I could go on a two week trip.

Last edited:
I am not light because of all my rain gear and rain covers for the bags. Plus I am bringing a pair of tennis shoes so I can run Saturday and Monday morning.

Although my bags are not totally full. I think with my current setup I could go on a two week trip.

I wish I had your saddlebags. My laptop is not going, I don't have a waterproof bag for it. That's settled.

I'm still wrestling with the tiger traps, anti-tank mines and snowshoes. You never can tell.

Back