RAM GPS Mount 2008 FZ1

Figured I would post pictures of the Ram GPS mount I just picked up for the FZ1. Fitment is great in my opinion, still have full of instrument panel. Ram definitely is a quality piece. Would recommend.

3893559559_1ddc7fd4f7.jpg

3894350638_fbd870e932.jpg

3893561069_fa32c94ef9.jpg

Farther Picture for some perspective of GPS location

3894348824_4c6cf24583.jpg

Interesting. I have seen these but wqas always afraid it may be a bit wobbly. Nice to have a first hand testimonial. How much $$ does this run?

Thanks for posting those pictures. I have a Garmin Nuvi 750 that i use in the car all the time. Was considering some type of mount so that I could use it on the bike occasionally as well . That looks like it will work nicely :tup:

Your setup look real clean. I have a Garmin eTrex Venture HC and use the Garmin handlebar mount and it works great, however it doesn't give turn-by-turn directions. The FZ1 has enough handlebar space to attach the mount without interfearing with anything, unlike my O8' GSX-R 750 which has no handlebar space in which I have to Velcro it to the Top Triple Clamp.

I have a RAM mount as well, just not turned down. The ball is on top of the bar. I also bought the Aquabox for my GPS which works great in any rain. :D

These RAM mounts are VERY sturdy! No issues at all with them moving in the least. :tup:

A guy in the FZ6 forum just made an ingenious mod to his bike... You know the two top screws on the inner fairing that screw into the fairing stay? Rock solid mounting points...

He took a piece of 7/8" pipe and flattened the ends, angled them and drilled a hole in each end. He mounted it to this same location so the bar crosses beneath the windscreen but just above the instruments. Then, he mounted his GPS to that bar UNDER the windscreen. It looks really cool! I'm going to go gram a pic of it from his thread and put it here. :D

attachment.php

Last edited:
A guy in the FZ6 forum just made an ingenious mod to his bike... You know the two top screws on the inner fairing that screw into the fairing stay? Rock solid mounting points...

He took a piece of 7/8\" pipe and flattened the ends, angled them and drilled a hole in each end. He mounted it to this same location so the bar crosses beneath the windscreen but just above the instruments. Then, he mounted his GPS to that bar UNDER the windscreen. It looks really cool! I'm going to go gram a pic of it from his thread and put it here. :D

Thats a very nice set-up. Does he have a shot of the unit mounted on the bike?

To the OP, do you have a part # for that rammount?

From looking at the current mounts available, it looks like the bottom loops under the handlebar - that is, that black piece that distributes the load on the bottom of the bar is not included.

That looks great! I've never heard anything bad about the RAM system. I just ordered mine on Friday. I should have it this week. I will post some shots when I get it mounted with the unit and new Marine grade power jack that I am going to Install In the fairing Insert.

Last edited:
To the OP, do you have a part # for that rammount?

From looking at the current mounts available, it looks like the bottom loops under the handlebar - that is, that black piece that distributes the load on the bottom of the bar is not included.

Here's the place where I bought mine. Have a look, pick your GPS model and the corresponding clip to match it. Whitehorse Gear - Search results for: 'garmin ram mount'

The U-Bolt base does include the black piece. See here. Whitehorse Gear - RAM Mount: U-Bolt Base The extra pics show all the parts included. Hope that helps!

FZ1inNH thanks for the reply. Nearly all the pics of that ram mount U bolt setup only show the U bolt, not that little insert, so it was unclear.

I think for now, I'm going to try to reuse my techmounts control mount - piggybacks to the front brake master cylinder cap. I would prefer the gps closer to the middle, but we'll see how that works out. Will need to figure out some simple electrical solution until I install the distribution block and all.

Is it pretty easy to fish wires to the front of the bike under the tank? Or should the tank be lifted? Another consideration is heat under the tank.

Here's a kit which is what I have. GPS KIT

This is the battery tender Jr lead, the SAE extention and the SAE to cigarette lighter adapter. I just used a few zip ties to tie the ciggy adapter to the wiring harness under the left inner fairing and was able to easily fish the SAE extention back without lifting the tank. Heat isn't a problem is you can go over the top of anything you can see in there. Then just connect the leads to the battery and you've got power. I admit that later, when I did lift the tank, I adjusted the wire and zip tied it loosely to other things under there. :D

Back