Rear Seat Cowl Cover

FastRnu2

Good day gentlemen (loose term). I just bought my 09 and was wonderinf if someone makes a rear cowl cover to replace the passenger seat. I don't see one on Yamaha's web site.:banghead:

Looks like it is designed to attach a backrest/pad. You would think they would list it on the same page, but did not see it.

Yea, that's what I figured also when I saw it a while back. Since the seller doesn't list it may have to be a custom made part and not too many buyers want to be bothered. Can't imagine he's selling too many of them...

Here are photos of my copperdawg "Strike" seat cowl installed.
2650d1271594778-bonus-seat-cowl.jpg

2651d1271594778-bonus-seat-cowl-close.jpg

Looking good Haileyan!
Just an FYI: The one I saw on ebay, I have heard it's not a very good product. Someone said that it wasn't really even CF. Just Fiber Glass cloth dyed to look like carbon.

Yamaha does make one to fit USA bikes.....but..... it only comes with the retro package. Can any one tell me how to get one? My dealer is trying. Yamaha FZ1 Accessories, Yamaha FZ1 FZ1 Retro Body Kit

I have never seen a part number for it. Just comes as part of the retro kit. Fits over the stock seat and is held in place with nylon straps similar to how your helmet attaches. Problem is you'll have to get it repainted as it only comes in white.

Don't know why Yamaha never made it available here as an accessory as they have it for the Japanese market in different colors.

Looking good Haileyan!
Just an FYI: The one I saw on ebay, I have heard it's not a very good product. Someone said that it wasn't really even CF. Just Fiber Glass cloth dyed to look like carbon.

I got a hold of the guy but he said the mold broke for this cowl. He said they may make more later this year.

Those copperdawg's are god aweful expensive! I paid $125 CDN Funds for my 50th anniversary R6 seat cowl...that was right at the dealer! I can't believe these things are that expensive!!!

Those copperdawg's are god aweful expensive! I paid $125 CDN Funds for my 50th anniversary R6 seat cowl...that was right at the dealer! I can't believe these things are that expensive!!!

Hand-made with fiberglass by an FZ1 owner, painted to match your exact color and made to add additional storage to your bike. The underside is mostly carbon fiber. Personally, I think it is worth it over a mass-produced piece of factory plastic.

picture.php

picture.php

Back