RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

NJFZ1

Well as some of you know I have been looking for an RZ350 for a while now. I wanted to find something that was in nice shape and didn't need a full restoration. Well as luck would have it our very own member here Gary (pilot8127) had come across a nice one and he decided not to keep it once he realized his knees were not going to let him ride it.

We had worked out a deal a while back and I was supposed to go get it last week, but something came up and I had to postpone the trip. Gary graciously offered to deliver the bike for gas money and I took him up on his offer. This afternoon Gary arrived with the RZ350 on the back of his truck. The bike is in great shape and I can't wait to get it running...

Here are some pics :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I probably wont get a chance to work on it until June as I will be going away for Memorial Day weekend. Have new tires, new battery and a CDI box waiting to be installed. Can't wait to get it running :D

And in case you guys can't tell right now I feel like :drools::wow:

Way to go!!!

Looking forward to seeing what needs to be done to get it up and running. I'll be starting on mine after I get my CBR600 running again.

Holeee Crap!

If you EVER decide to sell it I have FIRST dibs. Cash on the barrelhead, as they say... What a clean bike.

I'm soooo jealous. :)

You got it Pete! And yes the bike is very clean. I know you guys had seen the pics that Gary had posted, but when you see it in person you can appreciate how clean it really is. Another nice thing is that it's never been dropped and it's very much all original with the exception of the stock pipes and airbox, but I have the original ones.

Can't wait to get it up and running :D

You got it Pete! And yes the bike is very clean. I know you guys had seen the pics that Gary had posted, but when you see it in person you can appreciate how clean it really is. Another nice thing is that it's never been dropped and it's very much all original with the exception of the stock pipes and airbox, but I have the original ones.

Can't wait to get it up and running :D

Yep, it's very clean. Enjoy it. It's a beauty. Sits very nice :) It's been rained on? :cry: Oh no! :spank2: Get that diaper out and rub it down! : oops:

Run it rich, it's not right if it doesn't leave a smoke trail! :flip: EPA :flip:

Congrats. I would have bought it if I could, but it's not good timing for me. I'm glad you bought it. I know you will treat it right!

Yep, it's very clean. Enjoy it. It's a beauty. Sits very nice :) It's been rained on? :cry: Oh no! :spank2: Get that diaper out and rub it down! : oops:

Run it rich, it's not right if it doesn't leave a smoke trail! :flip: EPA :flip:

Congrats. I would have bought it if I could, but it's not good timing for me. I'm glad you bought it. I know you will treat it right!

Thanks Troy! It got wet, but not really dirty. Gary had put a nice coat of wax on it so the water beaded right off.

I will definitely treat it right. Hey and at least you got to sit on it :D

The RZ is home

Shame to put her in a storage unit. :teeter:

Brad, Tony wanted the RZ upstairs in the living room but I wouldn't help him carry it up the three flights . . . . . .

I have to admit though that it would have looked great there, parked on the shiny hardwood floor !
:tup:

The RZ is in NJ now

Hey Guys, I had a great time meeting Tony (I really wish Billy could have joined us there too). Tony he is a great guy and I know he is thrilled with his latest project !! His motorcycle garage really is absolutely PACKED with bikes, (four of them) tools, jackets, equipment, money, extra parts, and more !! (J/K about the money ;)

The trip to New Jersey would have been a cake-walk except for the RAIN and FOG !! I got her all the way through the Pocono's and just as soon as I crossed over into NJ, , , , yep, here comes the RAIN ! craaaaaap

But, I was excited to get to DRIVE her out to him. Since retiring, I actually look forward to these kinds of road trips. . . . . especially with Tony buying the gas ! Thanks man !! I get the FUN of delivery and he gets the sweet, little RZ . . .. . . we both come out with something.

I got back on the road about 7PM and it was rain and rain/fog until 11PM. That's when I decided to sack out at one of the many rest area's deep in the Pocono's.

It was a great trip. I had a alot of fun. Tony is one classy guy. I also know the RZ is going to be very happy there. At least that is until he makes one of you fellas the 'deal of the century'. Right T ?? heh,heh,

Here are a couple of pics from my end. And, btw, Troy, I got to sit on her one last time too. I did forget to ask first for permission from the new owner, but he didn't say anything, and, he didn't smack me either . . . . great !

Back