RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

I don't disagree with you. I am doing a resto mod of mine, but keeping it close to original looking. Main upgrade is the Metmachex swingarm, but it's a really cool upgrade and much lighter than the stock steel one.

Where would one find a Metmachex swinger? Sounds a little naughty doesn't it?..:eek:

Some pics of swingarm and shock from today :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Which Ohlins is that?

It's their basic emulsion shock...nothing fancy, but better than the stocker and plenty for the street riding I'll be doing. It's a Type 46ER, model YA415.

No longer available, but there was a groupbuy on the RZ350 forum a few months back. Koni is still willing to make them in batches of 15.

Thanks.

I'm still mulling over my vision for this bike. I know I don't want to Frankenbike it. I'm thinking maybe an approach similar to my XV. Use Yamaha period parts to enhance the bike, but keep it stock. Brakes and suspension first, unless of course the motor is shelled out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks.

I'm still mulling over my vision for this bike. I know I don't want to Frankenbike it. I'm thinking maybe an approach similar to my XV. Use Yamaha period parts to enhance the bike, but keep it stock. Brakes and suspension first, unless of course the motor is shelled out.

I totally agree with that approach Pete. Hopefully the motor is fine.

Easy enough to get better calipers on that bike with some nice HH pads.

Front suspension depends on how much money you want to throw at it. Could be as simple as Progressive springs and heavier oil or go for the Gold Valve cartridge emulators with appropriate springs.

At the rear any aftermarket shock will be better than the stocker.

As for tires I would stick with the stock sizes. Bridgestone BT45s are good, but I think the Avon Roadrider are even better (that's what I went with).

Last edited:
New Helmet!!!

So today my new helmet arrived! I had been looking for an affordable yellow helmet to match the bike for a while. It's a Nolan N43E Trilogy in yellow and black. I had tried it on at the Nolan display booth when I went to Americade and liked it. And the best part is that is a perfect match for the yellow of my bike and I do mean perfect :D

Next to the stock fender:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back