RZ350 is Home! Restoration Begins

So what are the odds of getting ahold of one of those Ohlins?

Probably not good unless enough people (I believe 15) were interested to order another batch of them. I believe Penske still makes a shock for the RZ as well, but it will be more expensive.

You can always try calling Hard Racing and see if they have any more of them around. They still have it listed on their site for $650.

I bought a brand new RZ350 way back in 85 (yes, I'm old) as my first "real" bike. I think I paid $3500 tax in. It was a fun bike. The best thing I did was change the front sprocket. The front wheel seemed to be much lighter after that LOL.
Nice looking bike. Amazing shape. Enjoy it.

I bought a brand new RZ350 way back in 85 (yes, I'm old) as my first "real" bike. I think I paid $3500 tax in. It was a fun bike. The best thing I did was change the front sprocket. The front wheel seemed to be much lighter after that LOL.
Nice looking bike. Amazing shape. Enjoy it.

Well it will be in even better shape when I'm done with it, but it was in nice shape to begin with.

I will be running a 16F/40R sprocket combo myself.

Well today I made good progress!!!

Got the forks, fork brace and front fender on. Front fender needs to go on before front wheel as once wheel is on there is not enough clearance to put in the bolts that hold it to the forks.

At the rear I got the rear swingarm all ready to accept the wheel.

Got the tires spooned onto the rims. Wasn't too bad and I managed to do it w/o scratching anything :D Tomorrow I have to take them to a gas station to get the tire beads seated then I'll put in the Dyna Beads and get them mounted on the bike.

Some pics to follow soon when I have a roller :)

Well today I made good progress!!!

Got the forks, fork brace and front fender on. Front fender needs to go on before front wheel as once wheel is on there is not enough clearance to put in the bolts that hold it to the forks.

At the rear I got the rear swingarm all ready to accept the wheel.

Got the tires spooned onto the rims. Wasn't too bad and I managed to do it w/o scratching anything :D Tomorrow I have to take them to a gas station to get the tire beads seated then I'll put in the Dyna Beads and get them mounted on the bike.

Some pics to follow soon when I have a roller :)

Oh NICE!!! What a TEASE!!!!! :looseit:

Got a Roller!!!

Worked on the bike some more this afternoon since I took the day off from work. Man was it hot!!!

Finally got a roller!!!! :woot:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Did some more work after I took these pics. Rear caliper and brake line are on as well as clutch and brake levers. Tomorrow morning I may work on it a little more before I go away for the weekend. Need to get the wiring harness cleaned and installed so that I can start putting back the plastics :)

Simply stunning! The swing and rotors look great!

I found the same swing on UK EBay but it was pushing $1100 clams.

My bike has 49,000 km on it, ~30,000 miles and feels pretty good. Tomorrow she'll go for a longer ride. Battery is crap...

:funpost:you crack me up Johnny

Did a few minor things this morning before it got too hot again. I'm off for the weekend so no more updates until Monday :D

As she sits now:
attachment.php

Chrome horns and clear turn signal lenses:
attachment.php

Rear aluminum Vortex sprocket ;)
attachment.php

Back