Seat Poll...how many still on stock seat?

The link posted above is where I bought my forward pegs from. Dont let his screen name scare you! LOL! He is a great guy to deal with.

Im sure most of the pics in that link are what you wanted to see, but I will try to get out to the garage in the next day or two and get a few more angles of my pegs and how they are mounted.

The link posted above is where I bought my forward pegs from. Dont let his screen name scare you! LOL! He is a great guy to deal with.

Im sure most of the pics in that link are what you wanted to see, but I will try to get out to the garage in the next day or two and get a few more angles of my pegs and how they are mounted.

Hey, thanks for the offer but that link more than covered it! Thanks Billy! Those are AWESOME! I may have to just go an machine a pair for myself now. :D

Sweet! The highway pegs looked like it involved a bit more work than just bolting on, but i'm sure its worth the trouble. Ok so i saw the Top Saddelry seat and i gotta know the price, in US dollars! I loved the look and i bet its comfy! Obviously it moves you closer to the tank but does it put you higher on the bike? And does it hurt the way you shift your body on the bike on curves? I was leaning toward Sargent but thats a very nice seat!

Eric, after you do yours would you mind helping me put on some? Those pegs are brilliant and exactly what my poor knees need.

Can do! We can do your Exhaust, EXUP, AIS, airbox, air filter, subthrottle plates and pod lights at the same time, right? :D

I have the Gen I and I bought the Yamaha (Corbin) ergonomic seat. Much firmer than stock, which actually is more comfortable for long rides in my opinion. But it also increased my seat height a bit, noticable at stops, but not really too bad. And it is a lot heavier that the stocker due to the base plate. And it's not cheap.

One of my big questions about the aftermarket seats has been the added height? I think the Yamaha Gel puts you higher but now i am really curious about the Top Saddelry. I had a Corbin on a Honda CBR F4i and it actually sat me lower because of seat design and being odered to my weight and height, but i know that varies by bike. Thanks for all the info guys!

Stock seat. I bought at 18000 miles and now have 23k - I have zero complaints about the seat, comfort or otherwise. My longest trip was about 7 hours (with 3-4 breaks.) There are so many other things I would like to spend money on, the seat would be waaaaay down the list.

Sargent for me.

I love it, doesn't add height and much better than stock, ca now ride for several hours without pain whereas my ass was begging for mercy after an hour on the stock seat.

corbin seat approaching 49k miles on the 06. This seat in combination with padded bicycle shorts works for me. Mileage is nearly all twistie miles which tends to be easier on the butt, (over slab) in my opinion.

padding

corbin seat approaching 49k miles on the 06. This seat in combination with padded bicycle shorts works for me. Mileage is nearly all twistie miles which tends to be easier on the butt, (over slab) in my opinion.

The padded bicycle shorts are an old "Ironbutt" trick. My new Alpinestar pants have nice padding in all the important spots so I am looking forward to the first long ride in spring. I use the Yamaha Gel seat and find it an improvement over stock (for long rides). It does add about 1/2 inch in height over stock.
Twisties are always easier on the butt because you are not spending all your time sitting centered on the seat. At least I'm not.

I've got the Corbin. Not to bad, Butt. After a few hours (about 3) of constant Freeway Miles feel the need to get off for a bit. Then I'm fine for a few more hours.:D

I've fitted the Sargent seat. It's wider at the back and has more substantial foam padding than stock. However, I haven't had a chance to test its comfort on a long run yet. Sargent do various colours of cover and welt (piping). However, that said, the Yamaha 'comfort seat' looks good with the FZ/Fazer design on the cover.;)

On Stock seats. I don’t have a problem riding for a few hours on it but after sometime it does tend to get little tiring. But for the kind of rides I do, I think stock seat is all that will need. Never know if I do decide to mod the FZ more, I will change the seats first.

The stock seat for the FZ1 is much better than the FZ6 but still not a long distance seat. I've ridden a Corbin before and understand that it takes about 1000 miles to break it in to your contour. I've only ever sat on a Sargent seat and while comfortable, it didn't change the basic shape at all. The Top Saddlery seat changed everything about the riding experience. The foam, the shape, the positioning of the rider and the grip of your pants. I had originally got the standard seat but being my size, it was crwding me into the tank. Norm, almost 80 lbs lighter than me, fit the thing perfectly, so he has that seat and I bought a new custom one with the LONG cut to position be away from the tank.

It takes out the ridge lines that run front to back and creates pressure points in the thighs. It is added cushioning arounf but not AT the pelvic bone pressure points thus allowing them to sit in a pocket of softer foam. It provides tailbone comfort and a small padded backrest. It keeps you firmly seated even under heavy braking with the non-skid materials in the seat, yet still allows you to move side to side for carving corners. And last, it just LOOKS really good on the bike. :D

Anyone coming to the 2010 Deal's Gap Sept meet with a GEN II is welcome to click this seat onto their bike for a good part of the day to see if this is something you'd want to buy. Sure, it's expensive but no more so than the Sargent or Corbin even after shipping from France. Just watch the Euro conversion and pick a good day for the US dollar!

Besides, I don't think you can put a price on riding comfort. The less weary you are, the more enjoyable the ride and the less apt to make mistakes. If you're focused on your next corner and not "When is the next stop! My Arse is KILLING ME!!!" thenyou'll be a better rider.

This is my opinion. I'm sure there are riders that can easily make the case for a Corbin, Sargent, Spencer's or other brand. If Tony brings his FZ1 to the meet, I'll be asking him to swap so I can ride a Sargent and HOPE he's willing to give back the TS seat. ;)

This is my opinion. I'm sure there are riders that can easily make the case for a Corbin, Sargent, Spencer's or other brand. If Tony brings his FZ1 to the meet, I'll be asking him to swap so I can ride a Sargent and HOPE he's willing to give back the TS seat. ;)

That sounds like a good plan :D and don't worry I'll give it back. The color doesn't match my bike ;)

Excelent idea... Earlier this year in February, I was wearing sweatpants under my camo pants and it fealt like I could go for great lengths before dancing, at least a tank then dance/walk around a bit, have a cig, look the bike over and hop back on. Yesterday was beautiful, a long sleeve t and my leather jacket, but only the camo pants with nothing underneath. I really was doing the dance, looking for the 'spot' but couldnt find it so instead stood up for a couple 'a three times. And that was at about 80 miles riding. So obviously with the good weather and temps just around the corner, and not wanting to be too warm, the biking shorts with padding would be perfect to save the butt. What I'm wondering, is those of you that run the Corbin in either 'Gunfighter or LadyGunfighter', how did you like the change? was it lower "IN" the seat, did it hold your butt comfortable for extended miles at a time? Could it be an all day seat? 6-800 mile'r? I'm especially wondering about the Gunfighter for asthetics and I'm primarily riding solo.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited:
Back