Show us your fz.

My beast after a bath yesterday:

3a6c7856-3df6-9fb7.jpg

Nice pics Lonewolf! Are you going to change the stock muffler out for a better one?

I try to take a good image but have trouble with the black/carbon grey. Too much "black". I overcome shadowing by using the software in my MacBook to overcome this, particularly on the engine. At the moment I'm quite ok with the stock exhaust. I know it's heavily restricted and some don't like the look but I like the sound and stock performance is great. I've had the bike 2 months so I'm still getting used to it despite 2500km of "spirited" riding. Mod. priority - 16T/47T with SpeedoHealer, carbon fibre tank pad and maybe a tinted flyscreen for now. How is the performance increase with an aftermarket pipe? Do you find the fairing on your S model effective?

Do you find the fairing on your S model effective?

Yeah the fairing works very well. I find on the highway my shoulders and head are in the wind but the stock screen had no aerodynamic properties at all and the wind would buffet my shoulders one side at a time (i thought it felt like a feint tank slap) but the CFRP screen lets the air flow smoothly and it doesn't feel like your getting smashed in the face any more, it's quite smooth and makes it easy to travel 2 hours on the freeway.

Yeah the fairing works very well. I find on the highway my shoulders and head are in the wind but the stock screen had no aerodynamic properties at all and the wind would buffet my shoulders one side at a time (i thought it felt like a feint tank slap) but the CFRP screen lets the air flow smoothly and it doesn't feel like your getting smashed in the face any more, it's quite smooth and makes it easy to travel 2 hours on the freeway.

Sounds like the stock screen was there for good looks. Good thing the CFRP screen works well. I'll test ride an S model (2nd hand dealer machine) and see for myself. I'm biased to my N but I think the S is a great looking bike. Cheers.

Not sure yet, I haven't fitted mine yet. When I get home in a few weeks I will though. But there's lots of people here that can answer this one.

I'll read up for feedback in the forum. At this point I"d only replace the stock system if I damaged it. Have costs coming up such as rego and full service so essentials first. Cheers.

Sounds like the stock screen was there for good looks. Good thing the CFRP screen works well. I'll test ride an S model (2nd hand dealer machine) and see for myself. I'm biased to my N but I think the S is a great looking bike. Cheers.

Yep your dead right there! it has no aerodynamic value at all!

I'll read up for feedback in the forum. At this point I"d only replace the stock system if I damaged it. Have costs coming up such as rego and full service so essentials first. Cheers.
Found a good deal on ebay for MIVV this is the item number

Also contacted the seller, will do a full carbon job for Euro 430 delivered to Australia

Yep fair enough too. It has taken me 2 years to even attempt to change mine... I wasn't in a hurry either.
Oh yeah good idea, there are LOTS of threads on them...

Found a good deal on ebay for MIVV this is the item number

Also contacted the seller, will do a full carbon job for Euro 430 delivered to Australia

Thank's Blanchy, I'll look it up. I've got my eye on a tank pad from Geelong Carbon Fibre - very nice fit. My tank is carbon grey so it all blends together. Cheers.

Back