SIDI Knock Offs for $90

any suggestions? I'm looking for something well ventilated, for daily and longer touring, but seem to be finding nothing under or near that $100 mark... came across some axo and cortech in that price range, but get mixed reviews...

sucks having wide, yet tiny feet :evillaugh:

I fit perfectly in TCX and Alpinestars so that might give you somewhere to start trying other brands. It's all about finding the brand(s) that fit you. I've tried on everything in gloves & boots and have found a good base to work with now

Under $100, I'm not too sure. You could certainly find a barely used pair of A* S-MX 5 for around that

I recently bought a pair of used S-MX 5 for $40. They needed a zipper repaired and I had that done for $20 and they were as good as new. $60 for some very good sport boots.

Last edited:
I thought that Sidi uses their house brand Lorica which is a synthetic leather. All of my Sidi bike shoes are Lorica.

How wide are those boots? I have long skinny flat feet so I'm always using some supportive footbed.

I have the same problem with the speed boots. I have gel insoles and thicker socks to get a tight fit.

I went for an hour long ride this morning and was pleasantly surprised. After a few minutes I totally forgot I was wearing something other than my SIDI. ...even though I wish they were a half size larger they were not bad. In fact if I would have ordered the 10 they may be slightly to big but I could at least wear thicker socks and they would feel even better.

Calf area is definitely smaller than SIDI but at the widest setting I am Ok. My calves are about 17" around. If my calves were any bigger I would have problems.

Anyway the sole does not seem quit as firm as my SIDI. The sole also seems a little thinner. That may just be in my head though and is not really a bad thing as I get pretty good feedback through them. It could mean a little less life than the SIDI though.

I think I am going to sell these US9.5 and order US10.

Well, of course they don't have Black in size 12! Just my luck! Another funny thing is their Size Chart. According to their measurements, my size should be an 8! My actual foot measures in at 11-1/4". I'll have to wait and see if they put some Black ones for sale in a size 12.

Yo Billy you might wanna order a bigger size I also need a 12 but looking at there sizing chart a size 12 is 11 inches and any size 13 I could find where more money let me know how you make out

Now that I think of it though.... If I wear these enough to break in they will probably end up being Ok.

One thing I leaned from my synthetic leather Sidi cycling shoes is that no matter how long you wear them and use them they don't break in. The size you bought is the size you get. You could try going to a ski shop that does boot work (I used to be a boot fitter) and have them heat up the boot and stretch it to be closer in size.

One thing I leaned from my synthetic leather Sidi cycling shoes is that no matter how long you wear them and use them they don't break in. The size you bought is the size you get. You could try going to a ski shop that does boot work (I used to be a boot fitter) and have them heat up the boot and stretch it to be closer in size.

My existing SIDI Vertigo did. My cycling SIDI not so much.

Re sizasa

I am thinking on getting a pair, I normally wear a size 10. If it's a wide shoe a 9.5 will be OK. would the 10.5 be the way to go? I am just a casual rider.
thanks in advance

I am thinking on getting a pair, I normally wear a size 10. If it's a wide shoe a 9.5 will be OK. would the 10.5 be the way to go? I am just a casual rider.
thanks in advance

You sound like me. I normally wear a 9.5 wide shoe. If I cannot get a shoe in wide I buy a 10. So, I feel like the 9.5 in this boot is a tiny bit small. I would order the 10.

Re sidi knock-off's

Thanks for the in put, I feel a little big is oK, I can always use inner soles. Small i am out of luck. I do have wide fee tplus a big toe.

Bump

BUMP

Just wanted an update on how these boots are holding up on anyone who has it. It seems like a really good build quality for the price. Did the soles hold up?

I have the sidi vertigo size 43... I normally wear a 9.5 as well and can't stand to wear my Sidi's because they are just a bit on the narrow side of things (can wear them for short spirited rides, but not much more)... been looking for something I can wear besides street boots for daily commute, without dropping two to three hundred dollars... might have to check these out, in a size 44 of course!

crap, sizes, 9, 9.5, 10.5

think the 10.5 might be much???

so I finally found something that works for my daily commute and from the commute over the last two weeks, should be good for touring. I can't compare fit to my sidis, I got these in a 44W, my sidis at 43 fit ok except at my toes, just to narrow, these are great. Not track, but more laid back riding. Build is plain, but have protection where needed and the price was where I was looking.
Tour Master Solution WP Air Boot - RevZilla

Some people just want the look of having all the gear and aren't as hardcore or advanced riders like others. The most important thing is to know your own riding limits. if you think you can wear knock off boots and not worry about getting hurt, it shouldn't be any issue.

Some people just want the look of having all the gear and aren't as hardcore or advanced riders like others. The most important thing is to know your own riding limits. if you think you can wear knock off boots and not worry about getting hurt, it shouldn't be any issue.

But they look the same and they're cheaper. Doesn't that count?

Back