So I did something about the upper fairing.....

What i did took no cutting, fabricating, rewiring, anything, just removal of parts and repositioning of parts. so tell me what you think.
Also everything is just as functional as before, mirrors turn signals ect..

IMAG1042.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

IMAG1043.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

I've seen this done before and it does have a unique look to it. One I saw had cut down the fairing to make it a much smaller cover for the headlights.

If you could loose the arms for the mirrors and put on either bar-mounted or bar-end mirrors, I think it would look better. Good start though for no cash or cutting!

I've seen this done before and it does have a unique look to it. One I saw had cut down the fairing to make it a much smaller cover for the headlights.

If you could loose the arms for the mirrors and put on either bar-mounted or bar-end mirrors, I think it would look better. Good start though for no cash or cutting!

yea it kinda looks like a bug or something with those giant mirrors, Im definitely going to have to pick up bar ends or something if i stick with this set-up. on a different note, taking the fairing off stopped an annoying vibration at 5k so thats good.

that's one way to the street-fighter look. I think it looks better than some of the other street-fighter headlights I've seen.

I would just wonder if you need to worry about the wires getting wet or riding in the rain.

Definately,the mirrors got to go.I do agree with Cobalt or maybe get a mirror holder/clamp from fleabay and fixed it on the handlebars with aftermarket mirrors.
For the headlights ,hmm maybe u could get the fz1n screen or any screen that u can cut and trim it to size to cover the bare parts of the upper part of the headlight.Just a suggestion.:)

I just fixed the buzzing vibration by fitting those little round clear things you get from the kitchen cupboard places. They put them on the cupboard doors so when they close they don't bang. They have an adhesiveness backing. Took the screen off laided three down each side and put the screen back on. Problem solved..

that's one way to the street-fighter look. I think it looks better than some of the other street-fighter headlights I've seen.

I would just wonder if you need to worry about the wires getting wet or riding in the rain.

this is really just a temporary thing but i believe it can be permanent if someone wanted it to be, the stock fairing has slits in it that would allow air and rain to pass threw and hit the gauge from the back side so even though it would be more exposed this way, I don't think there would be a problem. and if you did worry you could

Has anyone hooked up an auxiliary radiator fan switch, Ive noticed the bike has been getting a little worm 200+ up to 223 deg. to me this is a little warm and Ive noticed the fan kick on and would like to mount a switch on the bars to turn it on a little before I pull into the garage so its not so damn hot in there.

Has anyone hooked up an auxiliary radiator fan switch, Ive noticed the bike has been getting a little worm 200+ up to 223 deg. to me this is a little warm and Ive noticed the fan kick on and would like to mount a switch on the bars to turn it on a little before I pull into the garage so its not so damn hot in there.

It's good and not any danger. I've seen mine hit 236 before (not while running). The fan kicks in at about 212 - 214. And parking it then letting the fans run with the engine off? No use. It only cools off the radiator. ;) It will not get hotter sitting still and off so no need to worry about it. :rmwl:

It's good and not any danger. I've seen mine hit 236 before (not while running). The fan kicks in at about 212 - 214. And parking it then letting the fans run with the engine off? No use. It only cools off the radiator. ;) It will not get hotter sitting still and off so no need to worry about it. :rmwl:

My thinking was turn it on about a mile before I get home to help cool it off before putting it in an already warm garage. I just cant work in there if its 100+ degrees haha it would probably be a small difference in temp. anyway...

Very interesting. I honestly do not like the mirrors at all, but it reminds me of the Speed Triple minus the mirror situation.

Get some nice Rizoma bar end mirrors and then reap the benefits of doing the naked version for under 150 total cost.

Ballin

Thought of doing this to mine a while ago but the unfinished look of the rear of the lights and the wiring hanging around put me off. Also the mirrors have to go. But hey if you like it, its different.

Back