So, that was short lived...

Rabbitman109

Well, had the bike about a month, and it is pretty banged up. I was on my way home yesterday, in the rain, from the initial service. I was on interstate 70, and the rain was causing heavy traffic. I had checked my mirror because there was a tractor trailer coming up on my right. When I looked back in front of me, a woman driving a van had slammed on her brakes. I quickly squeezed the front brake and swerved right, but because of the rain, the front tire locked up and I went down...at around 70mph. Luckily I slid into the right lane and missed the van and there was no traffic in the right hand lane. After I finished sliding I jumped up and ran to the side of the road. No rash for me because I had all my gear on (always do). I think I bruised my shoulder and back, but nothing other than sore muscles. After I recover a bit, I am going to take the bike apart and find out what I need.

I will make a list soon and post it so maybe you guys can help.

See pictures...

42575745-484d-9834.jpg

42575745-488f-e936.jpg

42575745-48b6-a085.jpg

42575745-48e5-006e.jpg

42575745-4933-3ed9.jpg

42575745-4966-9f56.jpg

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

wow, glad your ok too.. been watching your thread to see what els you were guna do next.
well id say its time to get a slip on or ebay i saw a stock can on there lately with all the trimmings new set of sliders "seem the ones you picked up worked like a charm id go with them agian" and maybe do a fz1-n Rabbitman style

Your ok and that's the important thing ! Easier to fix bikes than bones. I see you have my luck and the damage had to be right to the front end where you just did all that work........bummer.
Looking forward to seeing her all fixed up !

To clarify, the truck that I was talking about, I had just passed, and then right after the van slammed on its brakes. I was looking in the mirror because I was watching the truck since he was throwing a lot of water on me. After I laid the bike down, I knew he would be coming, and while I was sliding I remember seeing the back of the tanker. He had actually pulled over and I remember seeing him as I was laying on the side of the road. He was talking to me and the state police trooper that had responded. It was not ride able, so I had a friend come down on haul it back to my place. The front brake was leaking fluid, and the rear pedal was bent, so not able to be ridden home. I do not have full coverage on the bike, so since there was no one at fault, I am responsible. I don't think it will be too bad. The worst part is that the radiator was bent back into the engine, so I think I have replace that. Will the lower forks rust since they got a little scuffed up? I am talking about the area around the axle. I think the forks got twisted, because when the handlebars are straight, the front tire is not straight. I have plenty of work cut out for me. I will start a new thread for the rebuild.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I am doing much better today, mostly sore muscles. I don't think that anything is broken. I do want to say that the paramedics checked me out on scene and said that it is possible that I could have fractured my collar bone but they couldn't diagnose that. I am going to wait a few days and see if it gets any better before dropping a bunch of cash on a doctor telling me that he is going to put me in a sling....which I have already been wearing to keep the pressure off my shoulder. I am feeling hopeful that everything is okay, just sore from the impact of the road.

Sorry to hear about your crash and very glad you are OK! But I think you need to give up riding. In bad weather, extra caution is necessary and you did not exercise that precaution thus you need to take more time to evaluate you riding abilities. This is the second bike in a very short time period, the first involving a dry corner with your pregnant wife as pillion. Dude.... time to re-evaluate your motorcycle riding and take a long time in the process. I hate to be brutally honest with you but someone needs to say what the rest are thinking.

Be there for your wife and child. Don't be a statistic on principal alone. I pray you'll understand and think about this.....

Glad to see your ok.... Not sure what route your going with an aftermarket exhaust or not...but I have a stock one off my 2007 you can have it. I can even try to get it down to ya or meet ya half way of Cumberland

Back