sorry, had to comment

drclarksmith

I felt like kid at Christmas when I came home from work today and saw that my Hexogonal Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Exhaust was waiting for me.

Man...... What a great feeling? Giggidy Giggidy Goo!!

How many of you FZ1 riders out there have similar stories about longfully awaiting some type of upgrade to come in the mail and then it finally getting there?

Share your experiences!

Thanks,
CJ :D

Its not a mod, but I cant wait for my clutch cable to come in so I can just ride the thing...been 3 days and I'm having withdrawls!!!

Its not a mod, but I cant wait for my clutch cable to come in so I can just ride the thing...been 3 days and I'm having withdrawls!!!
O H........now you finish the rest.

I only get to ride on the weekends, my bike is 100 miles away from my apartment , at my girls house.
So I feel your pain. I guess I can just look at my slip on and imagine what it sounds like...LOL

LOL I'm from ohio originally myself.

GO BUCKS!!

Not sure what your intentions for this video are. Are you meaning that the exhaust is a waste of money because of the brand, that maybe I should have went with something cheaper? The Carbon fiber goes with the granite grey 08 FZ1 like Super goes on Glue.
The price I paid for the exhaust was comprable to almost any other, if not cheaper. Leo Vince, Yoshi, and Two Brothers to name a few.

I may be jumping the gun here, So I apologize if so VA_Rider. I don't mean to be defensive.

Or were you just posting because you know what it's like to upgrade a bike?.....Expensive!!

Please comment.

Modding in general is very expensive is what I was getting at.... If I were to sell my 2001 right now... I'd have to sell it for at least.... $8,000 just to break even... but... I'm not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon... so I'm not too worried about it...

Congrats on the new pipe!!!

I was the same way when I was sitting around waiting for new suspension front and rear... I was waiting by the door for a good chunk of time for that...

va_rider

What aftermarket tires do you recommend? I'm sure you've been through a ton over the years? I saw in an earlier post you mentioned that stock tires are nowhere close to getting the full potential of the bike. I don't want to lay down my bike on a heavy turn because I have stock tires, with lousy grip.

Last edited:
va_rider

What aftermarket tires do you recommend? I'm sure you've been through a ton over the years? I saw in an earlier post you mentioned that stock tires are nowhere close to getting the full potential of the bike. I don't want to lay down my bike on a heavy turn because I have stock tires, with lousy grip.

for your Gen II...
#1 issue is ditch that BS 190/50 in favor of a 190/55 ... that helps quite a bit... the 190/55 has a much better shape ad will make turn-in just gorgeous.
Next, determine what compound you need... are you going to be spending more time on the edges or on the center tread? More sport riding? More touring? But... my choices for something a bit longer lasting would be the Pirelli Rosso, Conti Road Attack, or Dunlop Roadsmart... in that order.... You want something a bit stickier? Go for the Pirelli Corsa III... I would give other choices... but the Diablo Corsa III is by far the best tire I've ever run.

for your Gen II...
#1 issue is ditch that BS 190/50 in favor of a 190/55 ... that helps quite a bit... the 190/55 has a much better shape ad will make turn-in just gorgeous.
Next, determine what compound you need... are you going to be spending more time on the edges or on the center tread? More sport riding? More touring? But... my choices for something a bit longer lasting would be the Pirelli Rosso, Conti Road Attack, or Dunlop Roadsmart... in that order.... You want something a bit stickier? Go for the Pirelli Corsa III... I would give other choices... but the Diablo Corsa III is by far the best tire I've ever run.
Awesome man, thanks a million bro!

for your Gen II...

Add the BT-016 which at the moment is the best allround tire even over the PP 2cts

I haven't run the BT016 ..... yet... which is why I didn't mention it.... But... as for the PP2CT... I thought that tire was crap. It really didn't impress me at all... the 2nd compound only exists on the outer 1" of tire, and it overheated rather easily... resulting in blisters at one point... and a general feeling of greasiness one more than one occasion... not fun when they get slippery... they let loose with little to no warning... the DCIII's however... the 2nd compound starts earlier in the tread section, and provides great grip, even after many many back to back laps on a favorite mountain road.

So, now you unleash....oh well...so far so good and I'll put it through the paces this weekend with some of the roads here in NM to see if I still have the favorable opinion. But then again, the 225 OTD was pretty hard to beat for needing something right then and now.

Adam

PP2ct -- and from the looks of it, my daily riding seems to favor right hand turns over left b/c I've got about 1/4" there and around 1/2" on the left.

Either way, the ride and feel over the Sportmax is far superior! :poke: but I got tired of Cstrautman/Lonerider razzing me for the tread left on them plus it was definitely time....

Adam

Back