Summer is Fading

In the Great White North it looks like summer is on it's way out. We've had a great couple of weeks to end the summer and now it's going to get cooler in a hurry. We had 31 degrees this morning. I took a zip with an H-D friend yesterday and rode on the shore of Lake Micigan for a couple hours ending at Little Traverse Bay where he took a shot of my bike with the water in the background. Hopefuuly I'll be able to knock off another hundred miles this afternoon because the next several days look cold and wet. You southern guys are lucky you live in a milder climate.

I feel for you buddy. We are fortunate that the evening temps are still in the upper 50's/ lower 60's. Daytime temps however aren't climbing much above 70, although this week we should have at least two days near 80. It's only a matter of time now!

I have been working out of town for the past two weeks and still have 2 or 3 more weeks to go. I could not bring my bike with me so i'm watching the good riding days pass by and can't even enjoy them. Talk about a bummer :(

Looks like it wont get wet here in Northeast Ohio until late Sunday night. Hope the forecast is correct, so my wife and I can get some miles in Sunday afternoon.

Yeah, we get 3 months of hell heat during summer, but that's about over and we'll get 9 months of good riding weather starting about now. I can't complain, the thought of storing a bike over winter is totally alien to me.

Yes, it is getting chilly in NH and I've had to dig out all the cold weather gear. I'll still ride up until I hear "Black Ice" then she's parked for the season.

It's not bad today so I might go out for a leaf peep ride in a couple more hours.

Winterize for me is oil and filter change, clean and lube the chain, run the tank out and fill with freash fuel with Stabil added, run for a few minutes with the Stabil, then park it and plug in the Battery Tender Jr. This downtime is also a good time for mods that disable the bike for any length of time. ;)

Yeah, we get 3 months of hell heat during summer, but that's about over and we'll get 9 months of good riding weather starting about now. I can't complain, the thought of storing a bike over winter is totally alien to me.

:+1:

it might be chilly in the am -- but warms up to mid 50's in the afternoon through december-march. just a few extra layers on the commute.....

Rub it in

A little frost bite, for you southern folks that is when the cold air,(-40F) makes exposed skin freeze and fall off. The Michigan guys will be able to elaborate. Some tire chains, and maybe a surplus NASA siut and I'll be "Good to Go". Ah yes winter driving at it's best !:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Best weather for riding just started here in Houston. We will have another 2 months of perfect riding weather. We are lucky if we get 2 days in winter below freezing.

Texas snow days

Best weather for riding just started here in Houston. We will have another 2 months of perfect riding weather. We are lucky if we get 2 days in winter below freezing.

I have been in Texas when it snowed. Best not to be on the roads down there when it does. Snow and the majority of Texan drivers don't mix.:smoking:

Hell most Houstonians don't know how to drive in the rain. Forget about the snow! Central Texas and above get snow every season. Houston gets snow maybe once every 6-7 years. Not much of a concern here.

I heard, Ray called me from Cold Spring to let me know that even Ivan was up there. How did the YZF run? I also forgot that the Jets were playing today. Any traffic going home?

Bike ran ok. It's really lean just off idle to about 3k. Ivan said it was normal with the stock jetting and the slip-on was just making it worse. I did notice that it improved a bit on the way back home. Maybe the Sea Foam was doing it's magic after about 60 miles of riding.

Traffic was not a problem. By the time I got back everyone was already at the stadium...

Bike ran ok. It's really lean just off idle to about 3k. Ivan said it was normal with the stock jetting and the slip-on was just making it worse. I did notice that it improved a bit on the way back home. Maybe the Sea Foam was doing it's magic after about 60 miles of riding.

Traffic was not a problem. By the time I got back everyone was already at the stadium...

I was going to mention that to you about running the D&D with the stock jets. Of course I forgot. I'm dilerious with this stupid fever!

Just couldnt do it. Maybe I might have to move north when the oceans rise and florida goes under water, but then it will be warmer up north, Ride Forever

Back