Supertrapp custom made exhaust

Should tell you not to use the nuts that come with Supertrapp. They are a locking type and a bitch to get on, even worse to get off. The screws are really too long anyways unless you intended to use all 12 disc. I went to local Ace hardward and got some shorter ones, stainless nuts and lock washers. You can try out more or less disc but 5 is the way to go. Just thought i might save you some time.:2cents:

Should tell you not to use the nuts that come with Supertrapp. They are a locking type and a bitch to get on, even worse to get off. The screws are really too long anyways unless you intended to use all 12 disc. I went to local Ace hardward and got some shorter ones, stainless nuts and lock washers. You can try out more or less disc but 5 is the way to go. Just thought i might save you some time.:2cents:

Thanks the kit I ordered only came with 6 so not sure if I am getting gipped or what but at least I can do 6

Only 6? Thats seems odd, i thought all the Supertrapps come with 12. Well might as well use all six and see what ya think? I couldnt tell alot of difference as far as noise goes between 4 and 5 but was obvious using only four was killing my upper rpm...Good Luck!

Thanks. I'll probably need it I am just about the least mechanical person that I know. Love bikes but not so good at working on them. I plan on taking some pics along the way and mabe doing a how to on it. All depending on how well it goes.

Well I'm doing it, I took the plunge and bought everything for less then 70 bucks and I will try to get it together for this weekend

Can you please post some pics of yours finished? Was it too loud for you? And, how much?

Thanks!!

For 70 bucks and looks good I don't think noise level to big of an issue when comparing it to $400. IMO but thats me and I hate spend tons of money on something I can make and its tunable. :sinister:

hey guys here are the parts and part number for the disc. I couldn't find the cap part number but it shouldn't be to hard to find.

For 70 bucks and looks good I don't think noise level to big of an issue when comparing it to $400. IMO but thats me and I hate spend tons of money on something I can make and its tunable. :sinister:

;) Thanks! But, don't forget, I live in an area that has harsh noise ordinance issues and have already been hauled into a trap test once (passed with the Two Bros and a P4 tip!) so I do have to be concerned about noise first, looks second. :tup:

;) Thanks! But, don't forget, I live in an area that has harsh noise ordinance issues and have already been hauled into a trap test once (passed with the Two Bros and a P4 tip!) so I do have to be concerned about noise first, looks second. :tup:

Good call on that one and I have a feeling this set up will be super loud up in the higher rpm when the exhaust gets flowing through the disks more. Ill get my good camera out and take some sound clips when I get it done.

So is there no canister that goes with this or do you just connect this stuff to the existing pipe?

I am just going to weld on the bottom disk as a base and then bolt on as many disks as I'd like plus the cap. When you do this make sure you get allen head bolts or you won't ever be able to get a wrench back on after you get them tight.

How would you rate the loudness of the exhaust from 1 to 10 (1 being stock and 10 open header)? I'm really wanting to do this but I don't want to be that loud annoying guy in the group. lol

Back